• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New ending theme: "Type: Wild" by Shokotan and Hyadain

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Ash vs Paul got 4 years of build up, so this song playing made sense and made it feel more powerful. There has been no such build up for this Tournament (I refuse to call this a league), so it feels like another way to pander to some nostalgia by bringing this back.
I'd argue there was some buildup for it with the kanto 2-parter and a few other mentions, as well as sm125, but yeah, in general it was pretty flimsy

D

Deleted member 384931

Isnt it strange to introduce a song if there arent many episodes left? And it is an old one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Type: Wild is my favorite ending theme of the anime, but once I saw that Shoko will be singing it instead of Rica, my heart dropped. The fact that Shoko is involved in this reissue of the song just irks me, because I don't think her vocals are as strong as Rica's, and I also didn't like the new version of Kaze to Issho ni that Shoko was featured on.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
All I get from this is that if Rika Matsumoto gets ill or retires, Shoko Nakagawa is first in line as the voice actress for Ash Ketchum.

If she retires, then Ash should be written off then and there.
I don't see the point of endlessly keeping him around if the original VA is gone

Then you can have Ash slightly aged up if he ever appears again

MockingJ

Banned
I had never even heard of this song until I checked Youtube a few minutes ago and found out what it sounds like. I can't imagine anyone topping the energy that the original singer had in her version though.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I don't see the point of endlessly keeping him around if the original VA is gone

Then you can have Ash slightly aged up if he ever appears again
Well they did replaced old Okido voice actor with new one so Satoshi will eventually getting new voice actress soon or later.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
So i get this would be the last ending of this gen series, better make it good one to remember.

All I get from this is that if Rika Matsumoto gets ill or retires, Shoko Nakagawa is first in line as the voice actress for Ash Ketchum.

I have a feeling in that case ash's character would be retired once and all.

Redstar45

So i get this would be the last ending of this gen series, better make it good one to remember.

I have a feeling in that case ash's character would be retired once and all.
Unlikey that would be A case....? Then they would be him already gone in os era ?

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Woah, even without the Paul vs Ash buildup this would make Ash's likely league victory way more epic

(and seriously, not even XYZ could achieve the level of build up this moment had, and maybe not even any future series will)

Redstar45

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I think Shokotan wanted to cover the song. She’s sung many endings before. I don’t think it has anything to do with Rica retiring or replacing her. It’s just a cool twist, something an artist does to pay tribute or give their own spin to the song.

She sings very well, almost trying to emulate the energy of the song. It’ll probably be a softer tempo for her voice.

Redstar45

I have a hard time hear her sing.......at all !

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Have mixed feelings. I love the original and I just don't feel Shoko is a good fit for it. I'd much rather a remix.

quick question, what is all the hype about type wild?

It's a classic song from the first series and it's sang by Rica Matsumoto (Ash's japanese VA). It's one of the songs where she can sing like she does best which is hot-blooded, hyped, "rock-ish" anime music. She didn't hold back on that one like she did with, say, Challenger. The best Rica Matsumoto songs on Pokémon tends to be the ones where she can sing something excited and full of hype like Type:Wild, Spurt! and XYZ

At this point, it's more likely they'll just give Ash another voice actor. It might be hard to replace Rica but it wouldn't be impossible.