• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New ending theme: "Type: Wild" by Shokotan and Hyadain

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
She didn’t sound bad and of course she won’t surpass Rica with her own song and vocals. She should still with her pop songs.

I just really hope her voice isn’t the one singing this while Ash is battling Kukui. The significance of hearing Ash sing his own song instead of a cover wouldn’t kill the mood. It’ll feel kind of awkward hearing a completely different voice on a song that’s supposed to be Ash. At least Serena and Clemont sung their themes in their own voices. Rica is more than capable of singing this song as she has with the 20th anniversary rendition of the theme song.

OK! was one of her best songs along with Spurt!

Leonhart

Imagineer
JC317 said:
https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokenchi/trailer/

You hear a bit of the new Type: Wild near the end of the trailer in the link above

It's about what I expected. The Rica version will always be superior, but at least we're getting a "new" ending theme to celebrate the Alola League. I suppose that this is still better than getting another cutesy ending theme, instead.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The new version of Type: Wild will be included on the Kaze to issho ni single

The single will also include a remaster of Pocket ni fantasy by Sachiko Kobayashi and Juri Ihata, ie "that song that was used in that combined music video/movie trailer for Mewtwo Strikes Back that silly people act like showcases a cut ending from the movie, pretending that Juri is Satoshi and Kasumi's daughter for god knows what reason". You know the one.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master

The single will also include a remaster of Pocket ni fantasy by Sachiko Kobayashi and Juri Ihata, ie "that song that was used in that combined music video/movie trailer for Mewtwo Strikes Back that silly people act like showcases a cut ending from the movie, pretending that Juri is Satoshi and Kasumi's daughter for god knows what reason". You know the one.

Wait what??!! Satoshi and Kasumi's daughter??!! What the actual f***!!

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Oh yes, that one lol. It's a nice theme tbh, but that child definitely wasn't Ash's and Misty's daughter.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Wait what??!! Satoshi and Kasumi's daughter??!! What the actual f***!!

As it said in the post, the music video for the song features Juri Ihata as an anime character, and some silly people with a very failed understanding of what they were looking at made the ridiculous assumption that she was Satoshi and Kasumi's daughter for some utterly bizarre reason.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Dephender said:

Ah yes, that infamous movie trailer. Well I'm not surprised that the Kaze to Issho ni single will include this version of Type: Wild since Shoko sings on both, which is great cross promotion. At least the marketing for this ending theme is on point.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

satopi

The music had a nice melody to it but I’m not a fan of the song. Good on them for reminding people that it exists.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Is it a crime to say that I like the new remix as much as the original version?

satopi

I don’t see a striking difference, they’re both good. Some people just want Rica to sing any song like me.

Thank Arceus Shokotan is singing and not Okazaki Taiiku. She’s so cute and I enjoy her singing for the most part.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zipper4242 said:
Is it a crime to say that I like the new remix as much as the original version?

Everyone's free to have their own opinions about the song of course, but even though Shoko's version isn't as bad as I feared it would be, I think the consensus is that it doesn't quite match the epic vibe that the original had. I wish that they could've just reused Rica's vocals and updated the production a bit to make it sound more modern instead of re-recording the song with a different vocalist, but oh well.

JC317

This doesn't sound as weird as REAL's version of XY&Z but I think Shokotan's version just has too much of a... J-Pop vibe.

The song still sounds good, but I'm really hoping that the new visuals make up for the slight lack of epicness. I didn't really like the original version where it was just Ash and Pikachu walking with a spinning Pokedex behind them showing past scenes from the anime.

Last edited:

satopi

Everyone's free to have their own opinions about the song of course, but even though Shoko's version isn't as bad as I feared it would be, I think the consensus is that it doesn't quite match the epic vibe that the original had. I wish that they could've just reused Rica's vocals and updated the production a bit to make it sound more modern instead of re-recording the song with a different vocalist, but oh well.
Right? I’m not sure why they didn’t do this when they did with the theme song. I’m surprised by this and I honestly would love to see Rica sing this live after so many years.

And yeah, it does have a J Pop vibe to it considering her high pitched, mature voice suits and is used more towards J Pop. Rica can handle different styles of music whether it’s rock, jazz, pop, or enka. She has stronger vocal range and has a unique voice to where she can voice younger/older boys or mature women. I miss her singing voice, we’re in low supply of original songs sung by her.

JC317

So the full version's up on YouTube, along with Kaze to Issho Ni. I won't share the link as I'm pretty sure it's against the forum rules, but some further thoughts...

First of all, what are you doing, Hyadain?! Way too many instruments, and the background music is overwhelming Shokotan at a lot of parts in the song. Dial back the trumpets and electronic music, will ya?!

Edit: Turns out I blamed the wrong person. The arrangement for this version of Type: Wild is actually Kenichi Maeyamada, not Hyadain. Sorry Hyadain :p

Secondly, the song as I feared was too J-Pop like. Thanks to the new style, this song is now way too upbeat for it to be Ash's theme. Playing this as an insert song for Ash's battle in the Alola League would not have the same feeling as it did back in Sinnoh.

Finally, not really feeling the extra vocals provided by probably Hyadain. This is a song that should be sung by a single person, anymore just takes away from the solo singer.

Edit: In addition, they also ruined the opening reference to Kaze to Issho Ni by speeding up that part of the song. Thanks, Kenichi, but I think I'll stick to the original version or the English version instead

Last edited: