• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New ending theme: "Type: Wild" by Shokotan and Hyadain

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
They can remake the song but they better keep it all instrumental or the original version if this is going to play in Ash’s major battles. I listened to the full version and I’m not feeling it at all. The new electronic sounds and chorus just wasn’t a good add. Maybe it fits Shokotan’s style though this song ruins the hype that the original carries. Please keep it as an ending, I could see how it’ll fit as it. Had they kept it the same, only having Shokotan covering it, it wouldn’t be bad at all. This new version isn’t all that great despite Shokotan’s vocals...

But still better than Okazaki Taiiku so I give it a 6/10.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
They can remake the song but they better keep it all instrumental or the original version if this is going to play in Ash’s major battles. I listened to the full version and I’m not feeling it at all. The new electronic sounds and chorus just wasn’t a good add. Maybe it fits Shokotan’s style though this song ruins the hype that the original carries. Please keep it as an ending, I could see how it’ll fit as it. Had they kept it the same, only having Shokotan covering it, it wouldn’t be bad at all. This new version isn’t all that great despite Shokotan’s vocals...

But still better than Okazaki Taiiku so I give it a 6/10.
what do you have against okazaki? I now kinda want an okazaki version of type:wild just to know how it'd sound like

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Edit: Turns out I blamed the wrong person. The arrangement for this version of Type: Wild is actually Kenichi Maeyamada, not Hyadain. Sorry Hyadain :p
No, you had it right the first time. They're the same person.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Really meh remix. The background music is way too loud, and while Shokotan sounds alright, she's trying very hard to imitate the original. Just want this to be the ending, because it's not hype at all as an insert theme (guess could work for SM battles. A not very good theme complements SM's battles).

satopi

what do you have against okazaki? I now kinda want an okazaki version of type:wild just to know how it'd sound like
He can’t sing at all evidenced by the amount of auto tune he has used which ruins the song, songs that would’ve been way better had Rica sung them and he traumatized my vision the moment I saw that music video of Pose. He only sounds decent in “Your Adventure” but for the most part, I am not a fan of his vocals at all. (And I feel kind of bad for saying this but he’s really unattractive in appearance.) A Type: Wild version using his voice would be consisted of a lot of background sounds drowning the flaws of his voice mixed in with auto tune to the point where it sounds like a electronic train wreck until you realize that was a song. So basically, a XY opening theme excluding XYZ.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
He can’t sing at all evidenced by the amount of auto tune he has used which ruins the song, songs that would’ve been way better had Rica sung them and he traumatized my vision the moment I saw that music video of Pose. He only sounds decent in “Your Adventure” but for the most part, I am not a fan of his vocals at all. (And I feel kind of bad for saying this but he’s really unattractive in appearance.) A Type: Wild version using his voice would be consisted of a lot of background sounds drowning the flaws of his voice mixed in with auto tune to the point where it sounds like a electronic train wreck until you realize that was a song. So basically, a XY opening theme excluding XYZ.
Hey i like xy theme song and xyz too

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The new version of Type: Wild will be included on the Kaze to issho ni single

The single will also include a remaster of Pocket ni fantasy by Sachiko Kobayashi and Juri Ihata, ie "that song that was used in that combined music video/movie trailer for Mewtwo Strikes Back that silly people act like showcases a cut ending from the movie, pretending that Juri is Satoshi and Kasumi's daughter for god knows what reason". You know the one.

And in related news, Juri herself was at the movie's pre-premiere earlier today: https://twitter.com/shoko55mmts/status/1145252056875192320

JC317

Final thoughts on the new Type: Wild

- Of course they're gonna go with the rotating Rotom Pokedex on a purple background with Ash and Pikachu running, why go halfway with nostalgia when you can go all the way
- Having Ash's friends in Chibi form pop up one by one at the side of Rotom Pokedex's screen is a cute touch
- Getting Ash's friends to run as well for a single line of the song is really nice, the chibi forms on the side also switch around whenever a different person is running
- The final shot where Ash's friend all jump out for a group hug is really heartwarming. With this, I can really feel how the Alolan group are all friends with each other. This is not just Ash's adventure, but the whole group's adventure together as friends

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Wow, this was so good. The song isn't as good as the original version (not that the new version is bad, mind you), but visually, it's several times better.

Ash is far more animated than in the original (I think he only had like four cycles in the original), and they even include the others, so he isn't alone with Pikachu. Again with the Alola togetherness I love so much.

satopi

I liked the running scenes with Ash and Pikachu. It’s silly seeing Pikachu messing up Ash’s running cycle. Everyone else’s running cycle was cute as well as the small forms of Ash’s and his friends’ Pokemon on the Rotomdex. The Rotomdex shows a review of the episode and in the purple background, it’s the original 151 Pokémon I think(?) I didn’t pay too much attention to it. I liked the group hug at the end, it shows their love and friendship towards their group, especially Ash, the newcomer.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Ending got an update today. Meltan's changed to Melmetal as expected (not that it's easy to tell).

But they added extra scenes of Kukui, Delia, Team Rocket, the Aether group, and others I might've missed.

Ash and co. even got nice individual close-up shots.

D

Deleted member 384931

Ending got an update today. Meltan's changed to Melmetal as expected (not that it's easy to tell).

But they added extra scenes of Kukui, Delia, Team Rocket, the Aether group, and others I might've missed.

Quite interesting. But why now?

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC

Pretty nice, even better than before, and the close-up shots are amazing!
We've come a long way since this...
alola-ash-capa.jpg