• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Form Speculation

Mawile412

Problem
On-topic: maybe people could stop suggesting that every past Legendary, ever, should/will get a new forme. Come on, people. Mewtwo? Celebi? The beasts? The Latis?

i agree. ho-oh and lugia will not get new forms. ever. it's a stupid idea that will never happen. why does everyone think every ledgendary should get new forms?

superdonut

GaGa Ooh Lala
...If people can't speculate about new forms, I really don't see the point of this thread.

ijea4444

They gave us Attack/Defense Deoxys in FRLG, Speed Deoxys in Emerald, Origin Giratina, Skymin and HousewifeRotoms in Platinum.

Could they add in some new formes for HGSS too?

Eevee received new evolutions in GSC and DPPt, though I doubt they're going to make any new ones for the same gen. But they could give Pokemon new forms.

They need Sink Rotom and Toilet Rotom and Coffin Rotom [Rotomb as I like to call that idea!] and other Useful-object-goes-here Rotoms. Maybe that rumored ice-forme Shaymin will appear in these games, since they DO have the Ice Cave.
Unown in the shape of numbers?? They have letters and ?! so why not?

Discuss possible new formes for Pokemon in HGSS here, and PLEASE explain your reasoning behind why or why not any certain Pokemon will get a new forme. Don't leave any one-liners please, aim for at least 3 sentences so others can properly analyze your ideas.
Rotom forms have to be electrical, rotom can't posses clay/metal/wood. Unkown ! and ? were already programed into the game RS before FRLG. There were no other Unkowns programmed in DPP so no unkown forms.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
Let's review which ones got new forms already...
Giratina in plat.: The third of the trio, going along with the previous mascots.
Giratina's most appropriate counterpart? Celebi. Just a wild guess...
Maybe an ice forme? it seems to fit somehow

Celebi and Giratina are in no way related, so they are the most inappropriate counterpart. I could see Heatran and Jirachi before I saw Celebi and Giratina.

And Celebi does not need a new form, it's perfect how it is. Even if Nintendo did run out of enough ideas to want to give Celebi a new form, it most likely wouldn't be ice.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
i hopw they put in a ghost form of eevee

It'd be cool, but "forms" of Eevee are evolutions, and we can be pretty sure there won't be any new Pokemon.

It seems the most speculated candidates are Shaymin, Celebi, Lugia and Ho-oh. I'm not sure about any of these, but it seems Shaymin is most likely as it's already a Pokemon with multiple forms. If even that, but I'm not counting on seeing new forms.

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
Some of you need to get real, there won't be any new forms of the legendary's, and if there were to be new forms, they would probably just be Shellos.

Not all/legendary Pokemon need forms.

dexter

I was thinking there could be a new forme for Heatran since it has not been featured yet, and will be in the 12th movie. Now this forme can be kind of unique, what I mean by that is, it will be a temperary forme, exactly like all of CASTFORM's formes. Heatran should only be able to change formes during battle, just like castform. To activate this forme, a new attack, or an ability, such as when Heatran's HP is low, it will change forme, not get stronger, but it will change forme to even out the stats, which is pretty smart idea because you wouldn't want a slow speed when you're about to faint. So the stats will be equalled, I would say that almost every stat would be around 100, higher, or lower.

The appearance of this forme can overtake a dragon, because Heatran's name is a possible combination of Heat and Dragon [From Dran in heatDRAN; as stated from bulbapedia]. Currently Heatran is based on a mythical salamander [stated in bulbapedia], so it would be a good transformation from salamander to dragon! Now during the movie, the way it will transform is different then Giratina's Altered forme to origin forme, and vice versa. It won't LIGHT UP and be all enchanting and whatever, but instead, if you have read Heatran's pokedex entry or the bulbapedia entry on Heatran, you will see that it says:

Heatran's body is so hot that the metal on its body melts and that is why it is somewhat "disfigured."

Well, when Heatran transformes, its body will become very hot, and it will glow red and black, just like molten lava, and it will become DRAGON FORME! The neck could be longer, slimmer body, more reptile-like appearance, bigger, could have wings, maybe, but not nessacary at all.

Now this of course is not possible to happen in Pokemon Platinum because it has not been programmed into the game, and was never planned initially for it, but could be planned for the upcoming remakes of Heartgold and soulsilver! Just suggest some ideas on this please, thanks.

I have made 2 earlier posts on page 27 and page 35, please go read them! they are quite interesting, thanks.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Well, the Heatran idea is interesting, at least, and it's no more implausible than a lot of the other stuff here. Steel/Dragon then, maybe?

superkal388

Kanto SuperTrainer
i really dont think we'll be seeing any new forms this time around, we pretty much got our fill with platinum...

To activate this forme, a new attack, or an ability

Oops. Wrong gen, buddy.

The whole idea is interesting and all, but I can ensure you it will NOT happen with a new move/ability. Maybe an item. Maybe.

Fizz

I was browsing /v/ a few days ago, and saw what appeared to be a scan of a silhouette of a new Heatran Form. Did anyone catch that, or know if it was a fake? The poster said it came from 2ch...

Johto King

2nd gen all the way!
The only forms i can see changing is gender changes

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
The only forms i can see changing is gender changes

And that would be fine - Great, even! We need to learn to accept what Nintendo gives us, because weather we like it or not, they worked hard on it. Gender changes are more likely than anything else I've seen on this thread so far.

HO-Whops

I think shellos/gastrodon is going to get new forms, some of you say: They don't live in Jhoto.
But what if you catch like " Northsea Shellos" in like safari zone in Johto and "Southsea Shellos" in safari zone in kanto?
I don't think you can get them until after you've beaten the E4, then it's going to be like in emelard = new areas in the safari zone.

I doubt the sevvii isle but i hope they will be in the game.
But it will just be like gamefreak to delete the whole kanto!?

Yeah brainstorm or something ._.
look here, the seviii isle wasn't in RBY but they were in FRLG, so why not ad some new areas?
You know the DPPT dragons and Jirachi will be in the game, so we all now that there is som mayor changes. - live with it.
There will be no new pokemons cuz all new pokemon will be in the 5th gen that i hope will come next year.

SuperSilver

I think shellos/gastrodon is going to get new forms, some of you say: They don't live in Jhoto.
But what if you catch like " Northsea Shellos" in like safari zone in Johto and "Southsea Shellos" in safari zone in kanto?
I don't think you can get them until after you've beaten the E4, then it's going to be like in emelard = new areas in the safari zone.

I doubt the sevvii isle but i hope they will be in the game.
But it will just be like gamefreak to delete the whole kanto!?

Yeah brainstorm or something ._.
look here, the seviii isle wasn't in RBY but they were in FRLG, so why not ad some new areas?
You know the DPPT dragons and Jirachi will be in the game, so we all now that there is som mayor changes. - live with it.
There will be no new pokemons cuz all new pokemon will be in the 5th gen that i hope will come next year.

Of course there won't be any new pokemon, there weren't in LG/FR. But, if they add any new areas beyond what will be added to Jhoto, it would be like a battle frontier, and there won't be any Sevii islands. Maybe they'll open up some things that were inaccesible in G/S, like Silph Co, the Radio Tower in Lavender, and the Cerulean Cave.

Of course there won't be any new pokemon, there weren't in LG/FR. But, if they add any new areas beyond what will be added to Jhoto, it would be like a battle frontier, and there won't be any Sevii islands. Maybe they'll open up some things that were inaccesible in G/S, like Silph Co, the Radio Tower in Lavender, and the Cerulean Cave.

Guys, we have a new area speculation thread, you should probably go there since this is about new forms, not new areas... If you were talking specifically about new forms found in new areas, then you would be back to the purpose of this thread...

markos012

i hope they make a ghost form of eevee that would be brill i thought leafeon and glaceon were pointless or at least could have been made to look alot better

pirate_fox673

Tetris Addict
Shellos/Gastrodon, definitely. Other than that, I have no idea.

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
I don't see them making any kinds of new forms. This is a remake of a old game. You have to have some kinda of structure. The biggest change is 2nd generation [is that right?] to the fourth. I mean come on? New bird, latios/as, Deoxys, everything has new forms? Yes there's a chance but you can't just have a coffin Rotom roaming around. The Hoeen legendarie has structure to it. Why Hoeen is in Johto I don't get. But just to give every pokemon you see a new form? It doesn't work that way. Sorry a pet peeve of mine. I know I've dreamed about it too but giving Sinnoh Pokemon a new form in Johto. How do you exect this to be compatible with the rest of the games?

Say whatever ya want and I'm sure some of my points are off or wrong but this is what I think. It just won't happen. Some gender differences MAYBE. That's all I expect

chubac6

Pokemon Master
I don't see them making any kinds of new forms. This is a remake of a old game. You have to have some kinda of structure. The biggest change is 2nd generation [is that right?] to the fourth. I mean come on? New bird, latios/as, Deoxys, everything has new forms? Yes there's a chance but you can't just have a coffin Rotom roaming around. The Hoeen legendarie has structure to it. Why Hoeen is in Johto I don't get. But just to give every pokemon you see a new form? It doesn't work that way. Sorry a pet peeve of mine. I know I've dreamed about it too but giving Sinnoh Pokemon a new form in Johto. How do you exect this to be compatible with the rest of the games?

Say whatever ya want and I'm sure some of my points are off or wrong but this is what I think. It just won't happen. Some gender differences MAYBE. That's all I expect

I fully agree with this post. PErhaps they could add many more gender differences? Although, there can't be too many differences. Unless.... :eek: