• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Form Speculation

dragon_eye_2006

Hilo Thar!
Oh yeah Shellos! It's entirely possible it could get a new form, though whether or not anyone will care is another story. After all Shellos was not the most OU pokemon in DPPt. An iron rotom (steel/fire) or jackhammer rotom (rock) or something like that would be cool, but it's not gonna happen. A man can dream though...

Oh yeah Shellos! It's entirely possible it could get a new form, though whether or not anyone will care is another story. After all Shellos was not the most OU pokemon in DPPt. An iron rotom (steel/fire) or jackhammer rotom (rock) or something like that would be cool, but it's not gonna happen. A man can dream though...

Rotom already has six formes including the original... does it really need any more? Besides, there's already a fire one, and rock and steel aren't really special attack-oriented.

And Shellos probably won't get a new forme. Remember, Shellos' formes are permanent and are set when you encounter it. The chances that Shellos will be available in the wild aren't high, either.

I don't think we'll be getting any new formes. Silhouettes would have probably been revealed by now, anyway.

Calm PokeMaster

Hmm. how about Bike Rotom,Calculator Rotom and Water Shaymin.That would be fun.

BCVM22

How about bikes are not electical appliances and calculators do not lend themselves particularly well to any type.

What would be fun is a little - just a little - common sense and restraint in suggestions.

Saph

Rapscallion
I think Shellos/Gastrodon are going to get new formes, one for Johto and one for Kanto. But I think that is going to be the extent of it.

Umbreon of the Moon

At the moment I don't think there will be any new forms (unless you count the two new pichu's) as Nintendo would have probably hinted at it by now to get some more hype about the game. If Nintendo do suddenly decided to put in new forms then I would only see Shellos getting a new form and possibly Deoxys(sp?) as Shellos' dex entry states that it has different forms depending on which region it is in(I think...) so since we are in a different region then there would be a new Shellos. As for Deoxys there could be new forms, but the could also just use Attack and Defence again as we are visiting Kanto(I think... whatever one was in LG and FR). I hope this makes sense.

dexter

In today's update of CoroCoro which was leaked by 2ch.net, it says that Ho-oh and Lugia have a special ability! This could possibly mean new formes for them...

In today's update of CoroCoro which was leaked by 2ch.net, it says that Ho-oh and Lugia have a special ability! This could possibly mean new formes for them...

What about it means they have a special ABILITY?

dexter

Heatran's New Forme

NOTE: THIS POST WAS MOVED FROM THE SPECULATION THREAD TO THIS THREAD.

I just wanted to seperate this from the New Forme Speculation thread so we can focus a bit on the not-so-talked-about Heatran!

Heatran should get a new forme because it hasn't been featured in any films yet, and it may be introduced real soon, but late for the upcoming 12th movie which features heatran!

Sure, you like Heatran, but don't you think it could be a bit better? Stat-wise, of course. For this new forme, the base stats should be pretty evened out, just like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, and Land Shaymin's stats, except stronger in some areas and weaker in others. The way Heatran should change formes should be unique to all the others, like instead of holding an item, why not be able to change forme with an attack? or maybe an ability? or possibly, I DON'T KNOW! That's where you come in and suggest ideas!

Appearance: Since it is stated in Bulbapedia and its Pokedex entry (I think) that Heatran's body is disformed alittle because its body is so hot. Now Heatran can use an attack or ability (For example, when its HP is low, it will change formes to average the stats out so it can do better in Battle) that changes it into a so called "Dragon" forme! It will glow red and black as if it were molten lava, which it is also. But did you know that it is based on a mythical salamander [As stated by Bulbapedia]? Well, at the end of its transformation, it will be longer, slimmer, taller, and more reptile-like! And could possibly have wings!

So the basic information on Heatran's new forme so far is this:

Name: Draco/Dragon forme
Type: Fire/Steel or vice versa (It could have the same exact typing)
OR Fire/Dragon (Remember that Fire is its main type)
Height: Taller than it is now!
Weight: Lighter since it will have a more slimmer, broader figure
Ability: ??? - Heatran transforms when HP is low (or something else)
Movepool: More dragon-type moves and possibly flying if you guys want
Base stats: 600 total, HP 94, Attack 104, Defense 84, Special attack 130, Special Defense 84, Speed 104

Notice that the Speed is a lot faster for a more versatile Heatran!
Alittle higher HP, higher attack for those Physical attacks, Lower defense to even it out just like Heatran is currently, Special attack will stay the same, Special defense will be lower so Speed will be so much higher! Notice that the stats aren't that low! And is a lot more versatile.

Emp

I hope not, are they really needed?

I understand releasing the a form of a new Pokemon (Rotom, Giratina etc), but the GenII legends where made over ten years ago. I think they look fine, and there doesn't really seem like a good reason to revamp them :\

the elite trainer

Warrior Of Darkness

Phantom Wolf DX

Didn't it state somewhere that the first "appliance" Rotom possessed (sp.??) was a toy robot? If so, that would be interesting. It could use Close Combat when it possesses that toy.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
New Shellos and Gastrodon forms seem likely, as well as a new idea of mine:Sandstorm and Fog Castforms. I mean, they have Sun, Rain, and Hail forms, so why not Sandstorm and Fog too?

Prominence

New Shellos and Gastrodon forms seem likely, as well as a new idea of mine:Sandstorm and Fog Castforms. I mean, they have Sun, Rain, and Hail forms, so why not Sandstorm and Fog too?

Don't you guys get it? There's not going to be a new Shellos form. If you read the ingame dialogue, you'll see that Shellos WEST from Mt. Coronet are pink/white and Shellos EAST from Mt. Coronet are blue/green. Depending on the location of the Johto region, wich is either West or East from Sinnoh, the Shellos will be either pink/white or blue/green.

Sandstorm really isn't a weather condition though in real life, it's just the wind blowing the sand everywhere really hard, and if they were going to do a Sandstorm and Fog Castform, wouldn't they have done it in Gen IV, when foggy weather conditions were introduced?

Although I agree with what you said at the start, Shellos and Gastrodon forms would make nice additions.

Mudster

Master of the Legend
Don't you guys get it? There's not going to be a new Shellos form. If you read the ingame dialogue, you'll see that Shellos WEST from Mt. Coronet are pink/white and Shellos EAST from Mt. Coronet are blue/green. Depending on the location of the Johto region, wich is either West or East from Sinnoh, the Shellos will be either pink/white or blue/green.

This is the one of the most sound bits of reasoning in this thread. Shellos and Gastrodon forms will not be introduced in this game, as it is still Gen IV. In Gen V, maybe, but not now.

All forme changes that have been added after the original games of a generation (i.e. Deoxys, Giratina, Shaymin, Rotom) have included a physical change and a change in stats. Any forme changes that get added now would have that same factor. Obviously this will be confirmed when coro coro is actually out, but according to one website, Ho-oh and Lugia have a "hidden ability". Whether this means a new forme or not I don't know.

I like the sound of some people's ideas for Heatran to get a forme change, as I too agree it is kind of forgotton.

Hmm. how about Bike Rotom,Calculator Rotom and Water Shaymin.That would be fun.

Well, Sky Shaymin was called Skymin by fans. What are they gonna call this one? Seamin? Not a smart move. :x