• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Form Speculation

-XD001-

The Shadow One
I wouldn't mind seeing the return of Shadow Lugia.. But that's just me.

Chimecho3000

Mantyke can get a new form....well pattern (look at dex).

Last edited:

Spirit of Darkness

If they want to go on with the description of Shelloes then there will be one for sure.
I bet that there will be a new thing about Unown.
Eevee will get new evolutions and I think that more electric appliances will be found for Rotom.

Beotium

Mew-Overlord
Perhaps in the Alph ruins you find something special for the 3 legendary beasts..In Crystal Suicune and the Unown were together in the Intro so it's surely a possibility.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I heard that dunsparce was going 2 get a new evolution. If u battle competitively you will be pretty excited about that mainly because dunsparce functions like a uu togekiss with paraflinch.

NO.

Dunsparce doesn't NEED an evolution, it's fine as is.

I agree with whoever said that Mantyke will have another variation exclusive to johto. Kinda like Arbok.

Toilet Rotom would be hilarious, but no motor in a toilet, so....

Theoretically, any Pokemon can be given a new form in this game, so long as it's interchangeable. So no new Unown form. New Shaymin/Regigigas/Darkrai/insert legendary here form, possibly, in the same vein as Deoxys when traded among generation III games...

And as for Nintendo not including patches for previous games save the Berry Glitch, I'm not definitely saying that it will happen. I'm just saying that there's a first time for everything. Really, I hope this happens more with items than with Pokemon. THis way they can implement Kurt's apricorn Poké Balls, RageCandyBars, SlowpokeTails, and apricorns. As I recall, wasn't there some unused item data in D/P/P anyway? As in, space for additional items that could be introduced by HGSS? I hope so. I really do. I loved Kurt's Pokeballs. True, some of them (the Lure Ball, the Friend Ball) would be kinda obsolete (the Dive and Net Balls, the Luxury Ball)... But then again, the Net Ball kinda makes the Dive Ball obsolete as the Dive Ball only works on water, and water types are almost all you're gonna find there, unless something's roaming on that route and you find it while surfing, or if you're surfing in one of them areas where you find Golbat on the water.... But those are rare cases... Plus, the Level Ball, the Love Ball, the Moon Ball, none of those have their effects replicated in any other ball. But I digress.

NO.

Plus, the Level Ball, the Love Ball, the Moon Ball, none of those have their effects replicated in any other ball. But I digress.

The Level Ball's possible upgrade could be the Nest Ball, which makes it easier to capture Pokemon with a lower level than your Pokemon.
The Love Ball is very similar to Luxury Ball found in Generation III and Generation IV.
The Moon Ball has a better version found in the Dusk Ball, which makes it easier to catch Pokemon in Dark areas, such as Caves and at Night.

aclover

VICTORiOUS
hey umm what about mantyke...?
its pokedex entry sez that its design varies between reigon to reigon
but the manyke in the manaphy movie was sinnoh so..

Last edited:

iAmDewgong

Not too shabby
> The Love Ball is very similar to Luxury Ball found in Generation III and Generation IV.

Erh? The Luxury Ball just helps with friendship. The Love Ball makes catching mons of the opposite gender easier. (Like, your female Totodile will have a great chance to catch a male something)

Not similar.

Char1016

Pokemon Communist
Shellos and its evolution might get new formes, and for trading it's not very hard. Shellos from Kanto becomes east Shellos in DPPt and Johto Shellos becomes West Shellos :) Maybe.

And if anyone wants to hear stupid thoughts, here are 2 :p Lugia becomes the Ghost/Psychic soul-like Pokemon, and Ho-Oh becomes a Heart? xD No, maybe a phoenix?.. ... :)

aclover

VICTORiOUS
i was thinking that shellos thing too

Mudster

Master of the Legend
I'm sorry to put a downer on people saying that there will be new Shellos and Gastrodon forms, but unless there is a time capsule trading system its not going to happen. Who says we're even going to be able to catch them in the game? For future generations and lands we might see new forms of the two, but probably not in this game.

Rotom is definitely a more viable alternative, though whatever formes are introduced (if there are any), they will probably non transferrable to previous games, as with Giratina, Shaymin and Rotom in the past. Obvious candidates for new formes will be legendaries such as Lugia and Ho-oh, though I along with others am doubtful of this.

Like it or not people, I think forme changes are going to be more common as Pokémon expands. Generation II introduced pre-evolutions and evolutions to existing pokémon. No-one has really said a lot about that. Generally speaking, forme changes give an extra dimension to certain pokémon.

There may be more gender differences, as this wouldn't pose a problem when trading with other games. At the end of the day, this is only a sprite change.

aclover

VICTORiOUS
they could do a rotom tower form like a radio tower whick learns uproar and is 90 feet tall. lol or radio form

bremcv

Master Trainer
I'm thinking that Ho-oh and Lugia will get new forms.(Like a few other people here) Since there are heart wings for HeartGold and a mysterious creature like a soul on SoulSilver. I think that there will be 2 new items in the game. The Heart of Gold and the Soul of Silver. These will either give Ho-oh and Lugia their new forms or power them up.I really don't know, but it's a good guess,right??

I see Rotom getting new forms and catching it in the Radio Tower post-National Dex.
Jumbo Jet Form- Great in attack and kind of slow.Move-Brave Bird
Radio/Boombox-Great in Defense and makes a good special attacker.
Computer-Great mixed attacker with balanced stats(Couldn't think of mover for the last 2)

I could also see Shellos/Gastrodon getting new forms.1 for Kanto and 1 for Johto.

Prof.Oak said something about a white rock in Kanto.Nothing like that currently exists.Maybe like Serebii said before we will get an event with a white rock on route 25 that goes east. We could get a sea form of Shaymin. Maybe the route will go on for so long, it connects to the flower paradise in Sinnoh. 3 regions in 1 game!(Not really)Still hoping for the Shaymin in Kanto though.Another Shaymin form would be awesome.

goinGreen

<-I herd u Liek me?
Regigigas could get a Dark Forme, which would be nice. It'd be the final "Regi" since the other regi-types are all weak to fighting type attacks. If we don't get a dark-type regi pokemon here, expect one in the next generation.

Shaymin needs a new forme too. The Kanto White Rock needs a way to make its Shaymin special. I'd personally like an Oshaymin with the inclusion of the Whirl Islands. An Ishaymin would be nice instead with the Ice Cave, but we don't need to give it another forme weak against rock and double the fire weakness, plus it'll probably be a place to evolve Eevee instead.

Shellos needs a new forme as well. Or two, for that matter. A Johto forme and a Kanto forme. Johto's would be yellow, Kanto's would be red. Gastrodon formes follow.

Unown formes are going to be in without a doubt.

I doubt we'll be getting new rotoms, but Saw-Rotom would be interesting for a steel-attack rotom... maybe watch-rotom or laptop-rotom for psychic-attacks, Pokegear-Rotom for a metronoming rotom (interesting idea, no?)

I can't add too much else. Maybe a Celebi forme which can only be activated in the Ilex Forest and it remains in that forme until it faints, or there can be a special flower in that forest to turn it into a different forme.

But unless there is a time capsule trading system its not going to happen.

I don't think you need a Time Capsule to trade between D/P/P, but anyway none of this has been comfirmed so far. So I think it's best to wait until someone has shed a little more information on this topic.