• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Form Speculation

Char1016

Pokemon Communist
I'm sorry to put a downer on people saying that there will be new Shellos and Gastrodon forms, but unless there is a time capsule trading system its not going to happen. Who says we're even going to be able to catch them in the game? For future generations and lands we might see new forms of the two, but probably not in this game.

This is right. I know I wrote something above about Shellos and Gastrodon but that was in case the developers really wanted to put them in. Shellos and Gastrodon are like Unown, they would need new sprites if anyone wants to take them to Sinnoh. And getting back to old sprites is meaningless. Right?

If there's a Bill's Time Machine, or anything that does not allow trading new stuff to DPPt, then that makes space for a lot of new things :)

Last edited:
For all we know, those beta sprites in D/P/P could be the new formes of Shellos and Gastrodon, but there would be one slight problem... They have no front... :(

XyronTheFalcon

I'm Back? YAY!
I wouldn't mind seeing the return of Shadow Lugia.. But that's just me.

Holy crap... yes.

In fact, they should make a handheld traditional remake of Pokemon Colleseum and XD for the DS!!!

I think Ho-Oh and Lugia could possibly get new formes. Maybe the Legendary Dogs as well?

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
I'm guessing that, if anything, Ho-Oh and Lugia will get new 'spiritual' formes.
Maybe the legendary gerbils will, as well.

Edit: Didn't see Xyron's post, beat me to it, except that they aren't dogs, they're gerbils.

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
New Forms

There's a possibility that Shellos/ Gastrodon might recieve new forms since three are beta sprites for them and the Pokedex entry states that they have different forms for different regions. There may also be a difference in Mantyke, since the Pokedex states that the design on it's back is different for every region.

Sableye King

The Ghost Guru
I'm not holding my breath for any new forms. Shellos would be the most likely one to get a new form, but we didn't get any in the Kanto remakes, so I doubt they make any in the Johto remakes.

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
If there are any, I think it would be Shellos (already well stated throughout the thread) beacause of the dex entry.

But, if any new rotoms WERE to appear, then it would be of types not already introduced- such as Ghost rotom, or rock rotom. (<even though they would have to find objects to match them)

Kenmei

Eien
They gave us Attack/Defense Deoxys in FRLG, Speed Deoxys in Emerald, Origin Giratina, Skymin and HousewifeRotoms in Platinum.

Could they add in some new formes for HGSS too?

Eevee received new evolutions in GSC and DPPt, though I doubt they're going to make any new ones for the same gen. But they could give Pokemon new forms.

They need Sink Rotom and Toilet Rotom and Coffin Rotom [Rotomb as I like to call that idea!] and other Useful-object-goes-here Rotoms. Maybe that rumored ice-forme Shaymin will appear in these games, since they DO have the Ice Cave.
Unown in the shape of numbers?? They have letters and ?! so why not?

Discuss possible new formes for Pokemon in HGSS here, and PLEASE explain your reasoning behind why or why not any certain Pokemon will get a new forme. Don't leave any one-liners please, aim for at least 3 sentences so others can properly analyze your ideas.
Rotom only takes control of electrical motors. Which, none of the things you said have them.

They have Unown ? and Unown ! not Unown ?!.

Shellos will get a new form since it changes on location in a region. What happens when you go to a new region?

Deoxys might, but most likely it wont.

I can't think of others that might.

Gridiron

Oh my, I very highly doubt there will be any new forms. No new Rotom appliances, no new Deoxys froms, no anything. The only possible forms (which really aren't forms in the way Giratina has forms) could be Shellos and Gastrodon, but that's if the data wasn't taken out of Platinum.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Hmm...
I'd say shellos is most likely, but, as mentioned, the DPP sprites for the third shellos forme don't have a front. Of course, I'm all for the idea that mantyke would have different patterns, and would just have the patterns revert when you traded it, then revert again when you traded it back... it would be simple to program, just a sprite swap.

What I'm slightly hoping for (Though it probably won't happen) is Oh-Ho and Lugia formes. Maybe they could do it kinda like girantina in Platinum... something to do with heart and soul? (Oh, speaking of which, at first, I was like 'Heart gold and Soul silver? Huh? Then I removed the gold and silver; Heart and soul.... OH, NOW I GET IT!)
Though, as I said, It has a low, at most 25% chance of hapenning...

Jigglypuff5000

I predict they'll be a Sea Forme for Shaymin, since his standard is pretty much the 'Land Forme', then there's the recent Sky one, so to complete the trinity they could make a Sea Forme.

They'll probably be at least one more form for Shellos, as it changes depending on the region.

Finally, Notched-Eared Pichu is very likely due to it's important movie 12 role and the fact the Pichu family hasn't had a gender difference added yet [IIRC].

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
If we really want to dwell on Lugia and Ho-oh forms who knows? If the new stockart tonight will be good old regular ones I doubt it cause they would want to show of the new forms more but you never know. I call dibs on Pure form and cleansed form .

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I can see Shellos will get as many as three new forms (Johto, Kanto, Sevii Islands) although I kind of doubt Shellos will have that many. Other than that, I'm not sure any other pokemon will get a form change. I want Sky Forme Regigigas just because I got all hyped up about it before Platinum came out and to be fair, I'd want them to put it in. As much as I'd like the other forms (Heart Ho-oh, Soul Lugia, Sea Forme Shaymin), it doesn't really make sense for those pokemon to have them (where did you get Sea Forme Shaymin from?). I wouldn't expect some awesome new forms in this game. Platinum's new forms were enough.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I can see Shellos will get as many as three new forms (Johto, Kanto, Sevii Islands) although I kind of doubt Shellos will have that many. Other than that, I'm not sure any other pokemon will get a form change. I want Sky Forme Regigigas just because I got all hyped up about it before Platinum came out and to be fair, I'd want them to put it in. As much as I'd like the other forms (Heart Ho-oh, Soul Lugia, Sea Forme Shaymin), it doesn't really make sense for those pokemon to have them (where did you get Sea Forme Shaymin from?). I wouldn't expect some awesome new forms in this game. Platinum's new forms were enough.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

EDIT: Where is this white rock everyone's talking about?

Last edited:

Adz

Poke Knight
Well Seeing as there is a white rock in Kanto somewhere! As revealed by Oak in Sinnoh, I feel that Shaymin may be obtainable here also. They would need a reason to introduce a Shaymin seeing as its not exactly a Kanto/ Johto pokemon so I would also agree that there is a posibility for the inclusion of the sea form Shaymin to complete the trinity!

What I thought would be awesome is that if slowpoke recieved a new forme according to the Team Rocket Slowpoke Tail Plot. I remember while playing Crystal that when you went into the slowpoke well that all the slowpokes had their tails despite team rocket supposedly cutting them off and selling them. So basically all the slowpokes in the well should have no tails right? And the only way to evolve one into a slowbro would be to attach a slowpoke tail (purchased from a team rocket grunt) and level slowpoke up. I'd love a tailless slowpoke. X3

Also as mentioned by other users, the idea of a shadow lugia would be awesome though I think the shadow lugia has just been limited to Gale of Darkness so far.