• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Form Speculation

Adz

Poke Knight
I dont think they will give any of the GenII pokemon new forms. Simply for the reason that they have been out too long and fans would probably go crazy!! They are well established unlike the ones that got new forms in Pt!! They were GenIV pokemon!! But, seeing as GenIV is pretty much the evolution/form Generation and Gen two was the breeding Generation! Maybe they will intertwine these two together for HG/SS?!

The only new forme i can really see coming is Shaymin because of the white rock in Kanto!! But maybe this white rock will lead to celebii or something so I dont know!!

I'm doubting the appearance of any Shellos forms UNLESS there is a new island other than that there wont be many/any GEN III or IV pokemon in the games either unless they are related in someway to GEN I/II pokemon!! Simply imo.... because Nintendo want you to buy both sets of games so you can Catch them all!! If there were a lot of Gen IV pokemon available in HG/SS then people that dont have DPPt would not bother to get them...

Pokemon that COULD get new forms: Shaymin, Arceus in some sort of spirit form?! Or Origin form?! As the new info today reveals its creation of Sinnoh it may be possible that trading the event Arceus will somehow awaken a spirit form when brought to HG/SS?!

Mudster

Master of the Legend
You missed the point completely. Someone else can explain it to you if they like.

The way I understood it is this: whilst yes there is a sprite for ???-type Arceus, there is no way of obtaining ???-type Arceus in the game, therefore it cannot exist. Possible reasons for this have been suggested like the games programming needing to have that sprite in there for some reason, though as it is unobtainable for the player, it may as well not exist. (Sorry BCVM22 if this isn't what you meant)

Back on topic, I think Rotom could have a camera forme that knows flash cannon and a toy robot forme that knows some fighting move.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
^ The toy robot would make sense as it is mentioned by Charon in his diary that his Rotom possessed a toy robot at one time. It could have dynamic punch or something as it's move.

And to settle the Arceus thing once and for all: In the first gen there were 16 types including the last one- ??? which was invented for curse. In gen two when they added Dark and Steel they became types 17 and 18. When they came to make a pokemon that could have any type, they had to make a ??? type because it had numbers either side and therefore could not simply be cut off of the end of the sequence. However, there is no ??? plate in the game and no other way of obtaining a ??? type Arceus and so, effectively, it does not exist.

Last edited:

Cruisercard

??? Arceus eh? But wouldn't it be like, go- never mind.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
There is no ??? Arceus and never will be

drake13

Ryukishi
The way I understood it is this: whilst yes there is a sprite for ???-type Arceus, there is no way of obtaining ???-type Arceus in the game, therefore it cannot exist. Possible reasons for this have been suggested like the games programming needing to have that sprite in there for some reason, though as it is unobtainable for the player, it may as well not exist. (Sorry BCVM22 if this isn't what you meant)

that's what i'm saying to him...i know that we cannot get it in the game but on his last post he ASKED if there's a sprite for it, so i gave him the sprite...i didn't do something wrong, did i???

BCVM22

but on his last post he ASKED if there's a sprite for it, so i gave him the sprite...

Not what I said at all. I said "don't tell me there's a sprite for it" because yes, I bloody know there's a sprite for it and I knew full well that would be your first response upon being told there's no such thing as an actual ???-type Arceus (which there isn't).

Mark_Chaos

WARP EVOLUTION!
I think the ???-type Arceus was programmed into the game to keep it from crashing. I also do my research so that may be another reason.

HGSS

The remake!
i think that as long as they put in a time capsle they can put in any kind of new moves, formes, attacks, and even items!

i think that as long as they put in a time capsle they can put in any kind of new moves, formes, attacks, and even items!

Yes, but in Gold and Silver, you couldn't have new Pokemon or new moves, and your Pokemon weren't allowed to hold items. So putting a Time Capsule in would be a waste if it was done like that.

BCVM22

I think that evee should get a new form, FLYING!!!

Which isn't going to happen in this game.

Listen up, future chodes. If you intend to post in this thread, keep this in mind:

THERE AREN'T GOING TO BE ANY NEW POKÉMON, NEW ATTACKS, NEW REGIONS OR ANYTHING ELSE LEGITIMATELY NEW IN THIS GAME. IT IS NOT A NEW GENERATION AND TO KEEP SUGGESTING THE AFOREMENTIONED IS SIMPLY IDIOTIC. GIVE IT A GODDAMN REST AND USE YOUR GODDAMN COMMON SENSE.

First person to say "we're just speculating, man" gets slathered in cow's blood, dragged into the forest and left with the first wolf pack I find.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
Geez. You guys are like children. BCVM is like your babysitter. Can't everyone realize once and for all that there will be no new Pokemon? Obviously, there will be a new (SMALL) area (NOT REGION) but there won't be too many substantial updates. So stop saying it. You'll look dumb. The only thing close to a new Pokemon that IS possible to be inclded in HG/SS = new forms.

And this is the sprite for ??? Arceus. The one that does not exist because you cannot play it. Therefore nonexistant.
mystery.png