• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Forum Upgrade

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Hey guys

We've done a much requested upgrade of the forums. At the moment, as the styles didn't carry over, we're still trying to get the perfect mesh of colourings for everything so some things may seem slightly harder to read/see for the next couple of days. Feel free to use this thread to point it out.

We're also having a small problem with addons so some minor features may be missing until we have resolved this

We'll be continually tweaking over the next few days so hopefully everything will work out.

Thanks for your patience

~Serebii

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I know it's too late, and this isn't going to change, especially for one person's opinion, but I'm not really liking this new layout. Everything is way to big and spread out. It feels messy. Before everything was neat and compact, but now everything is in oversized boxes with large amounts of padding in between, which take up too much space to be appealing.

I appreciate the attention being paid to forums, but it's a bummer that they feel so messy, to me at least, now.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Not a huge fan of circle avatars (guess I'm old fashioned lol, just more of a square avatar fan). Like the new reactions though.

Just curious but does the angry reaction negatively affect our reaction score? Because if it does then people are going to abuse that to get back at members that they don't like.

I was wondering about that too. Could see it being abused.

Lacuna

Goodnight
I know it's too late, and this isn't going to change, especially for one person's opinion, but I'm not really liking this new layout. Everything is way to big and spread out. It feels messy. Before everything was neat and compact, but now everything is in oversized boxes with large amounts of padding in between, which take up too much space to be appealing.

I appreciate the attention being paid to forums, but it's a bummer that they feel so messy, to me at least, now.
Definitely seconded this. I'm not entirely sure on how XenForo works so I'm not sure if this is possible to implement, but it would be a lot easier on the eyes if the width of the posts was just scaled down a bit. When a post or a forum list takes up 80% of your screen, it's a bit hard to take in what exactly you're looking at.

Having reactions and an easier way to preview posts now is pretty cool. I miss the square avatars, though of course that's just my own personal taste. =P

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!

Yeah, and the colours look slightly off, too. I can't put my finger on it though.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I like refresh buttons and a timer add into.
Don't worry, I'm going to be tweaking the style a bit more. I think making the overall bg darker will help and that's why things seem off

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Not a fan of the layout but I guess I just need to get used to it. Bit vary of the like button becoming like Facebook considering how the forums can get. Hopefully get used to this style soon, I mainly use mobile to browse through here and well it isn't ideal rn I'd say

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I just want to say that I 100% appreciate the work going into improving the forums, however I have to admit that I'm not exactly a fan of the new layout, especially on mobile which I use basically all of the time, since everything is just too big and spread out in some places, while the headers just seem crammed in as an afterthought. Hopefully with some tweaking it'll look a bit more appealing, but I don't know, I just prefer how it looked before I guess..

But still, thankyou for putting time into trying to improve it, I don't want to seem ungrateful.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I just want to say that I 100% appreciate the work going into improving the forums, however I have to admit that I'm not exactly a fan of the new layout, especially on mobile which I use basically all of the time, since everything is just too big and spread out in some places, while the headers just seem crammed in as an afterthought. Hopefully with some tweaking it'll look a bit more appealing, but I don't know, I just prefer how it looked before I guess..

But still, thankyou for putting time into trying to improve it, I don't want to seem ungrateful.
I am on tab and look ok to me

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Are username changes a part of the missing add-ons?

Not at this point, no.

Definitely seconded this. I'm not entirely sure on how XenForo works so I'm not sure if this is possible to implement, but it would be a lot easier on the eyes if the width of the posts was just scaled down a bit. When a post or a forum list takes up 80% of your screen, it's a bit hard to take in what exactly you're looking at.

Having reactions and an easier way to preview posts now is pretty cool. I miss the square avatars, though of course that's just my own personal taste. =P

This is pretty common for modern web design, it's a much better use of screen real estate versus antiquated designs like what we had.

If you don't frequent other forums using up-to-date software it'll probably take some getting used to.