• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Forum Upgrade

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
...On a more serious note, am I the only one seeing new notifications but they later disappear as the site's page downloads in full?
Oh I thought it was just me again too. I see there's a notification but then it disappears as it turns out to be an old one...

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The notification alert has seemed to be act very strangely particularly with the circles for unread notifications being extremely distracting and annoying.

Lacuna

Goodnight
I can't test it myself, but in theory... is it possible it might be browser-related?
I'm on Firefox 85.0 and the notifications tab has been acting completely normal for me, but if it's happening at random on any browser then that's definitely an issue. :confused: My other guess is it's maybe just some cache weirdness.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

OwensJB

It should immediately change it.
Really? When I tried changing my username the day of the update and I got a message saying "You recently requested to change your username to JakeOwns and this is currently awaiting approval by a moderator." The same message still appears when I look at my account details page.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Really? When I tried changing my username the day of the update and I got a message saying "You recently requested to change your username to JakeOwns and this is currently awaiting approval by a moderator." The same message still appears when I look at my account details page.
I'm getting this as well.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Maybe the change username function still needs tweaking? I haven't seen anyone's username requests show up at all. I have no idea what's going on too be honest.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

I'm getting this as well.

Maybe the change username function still needs tweaking? I haven't seen anyone's username requests show up at all. I have no idea what's going on too be honest.
This all being the case, I'm assuming Serebii configured the plug-in to require Admin approval, because I can also not see any name change requests the in approval queue.
Firefox. Even went all the way in where I can just specifically delete cache.
Very strange, perhaps there's an add-on that's causing it? I'm also using Firefox and haven't had the issue at all.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
This all being the case, I'm assuming Serebii configured the plug-in to require Admin approval, because I can also not see any name change requests the in approval queue.
I think you're right.This seems to be the most likely case for sure.

Firefox. Even went all the way in where I can just specifically delete cache.
I use Firefox as well. Have you tried Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge? As Hydrohs pointed out there's definitely a good chance that some sort of add on is interfering. Usually I'm on mobile most of the time because of work and I don't experience these issues. I just tested out Firefox on my laptop and everything seems to work fine. This is a very strange issue.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I use Firefox as well. Have you tried Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge? As Hydrohs pointed out there's definitely a good chance that some sort of add on is interfering. Usually I'm on mobile most of the time because of work and I don't experience these issues. I just tested out Firefox on my laptop and everything seems to work fine. This is a very strange issue.
I'm not using Chrome's heavy file size browser and Edge behaves slow to me. Firefox is just all around better.

By the way, the false notification number is now at 31.

This issue only started happening after the forums were upgraded.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Regarding name changes, brought it up with Serebii. He's going to look into changing it so at the very least any staff member would be able to approve. So those of you who are wanting a name change, sit tight a bit longer.
Thanks! Would you be willing to give an update on this if/when it happens (having any mod approve a username)?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Well it might not be HTML but there is a feature that let's you convert the post to reveal the BB code. I don't know where it is on PC though. It looks like this: [ ] and left of the save feature on mobile (which looks like a floppy disk) that you can see by pressing the three dot column beside the undo button.

It does show up on PC. And it works just how I wanted.

Thanks!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I was wondering about the reactions that we can use how there really is no reaction to show if you are confused which I think could be useful if someone needs you to explain something a bit more. I don’t think the face with a shocked look on it is quite right for confusion as being shocked doesn’t equate being confused. Also the Angry reactions being given out I think might be getting out of hand and perhaps a more annoyed face could work since some of the posts that got it seem like annoyance is more appropriate than anger as they are two very different emotions. Is it possible to tweak the reactions like this?