• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Forum Upgrade

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
What is the bookmarks tab for?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Will the avatar shape be turned back into a square shape? The circle shape bugs me and it feels like it cuts off too much of the image lol

No, that's another thing that you'll just have to get used to. That's the "in" trend right now as well.

What is the bookmarks tab for?

Where do you see it?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Not a huge fan of circle avatars (guess I'm old fashioned lol, just more of a square avatar fan). Like the new reactions though.

Not a fan of the circle forms as well. I'd rather than rectangle ones.

Anyway, I like the inclusion of reactions though there's less than the ones from the xenforum-using boards I'm a member of.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Not a fan of the circle forms as well. I'd rather than rectangle ones.

Anyway, I like the inclusion of reactions though there's less than the ones from the xenforum-using boards I'm a member of.

If you can get specifics we could probably get the same functionality as well.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I'm still waiting for more styles besides Default and Happy ;)

seems we cant get rid of the members online and latest posts sections like we could before. Unless thats part of the add-ons

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I mean, it's all very cool, but I would rather much like the ability to change my username. But yeah, besides that. Cool stuff.

Manchee

extra toasty
Don't worry, I'm going to be tweaking the style a bit more. I think making the overall bg darker will help and that's why things seem off

A darker background isn't the only part of the style that needs tweaking. Are you going to be looking into having someone who knows how to make/properly format forum styles update how the site looks? It's not difficult to make minor changes that can really improve the overall look (I've done it plenty of times before on other forums) yet since sppf left vBulletin years ago we've still not gotten a proper style.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
It's hip to be square with avatars now :V

[EDIT: Just on the default style atm, not Happy]

Personally (not officially) speaking, happy to have people help out with making new styles - agreed it's overdue. But we'll need to figure things out in how possible that is, organise, etc.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I don't think avatars are necessarily a place to put text to be honest. I do get the disparity. On one hand you see round avatars quite a lot nowadays, also on Discord, Whatsapp, Youtube, Twitter, and so on. And on the other hand rectangular pictures are just so much easier to edit and get right in imaging software, and things like snips from trading cards, screenshots, photos, and so on, they all start out as rectangular. It's an extra step to estimate and modify/adjust just how much of your picture is going to get cropped out.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
This is pretty common for modern web design, it's a much better use of screen real estate versus antiquated designs like what we had.

If you don't frequent other forums using up-to-date software it'll probably take some getting used to.

Yeah, this is the only forum I use anymore.

Anyways, if you don't mind explaining, how would you say it's a better use of screen real estate? I feel like it's the opposite, as much of the screen is taken up by either stuff that is larger than it needs to be or buffer space, meaning where you see a lot less of any given page at a time than you used to be able to with the more compact style.