• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Forum Upgrade

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
If you can get specifics we could probably get the same functionality as well.

I dunno if that's what you are looking for but I meant these:

69cd241354852340.PNG

It's the ones we use on Rangerboard.

Granted the greeny ones might not be a good idea for this forum all things considered lol

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah, this is the only forum I use anymore.

Anyways, if you don't mind explaining, how would you say it's a better use of screen real estate? I feel like it's the opposite, as much of the screen is taken up by either stuff that is larger than it needs to be or buffer space, meaning where you see a lot less of any given page at a time than you used to be able to with the more compact style.

Modern devices have a lot more screen-space than older ones did, the reason older web-design was so much more compact was to fit more information on those tinier resolutions. Now it can spread out more, makes it nicer to look at that way, less stuff bombarding you. A lot of more modern web design could be summed up as frivolous, and ultimately it is, but that's human evolution. Form over function.

69cd241354852340.PNG

Granted the greeny ones might not be a good idea for this forum all things considered lol

Do you know if it's an addon that's in use, or were they added in manually in the admin control panel or something?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
It would be cool if we had some Pokemon related emoticons. I miss the ones we had here.

Glad the avatars got changed back to squares since I dislike circle ones as well.
This'll take some time getting used to, but I had the same with the previous forum update. I'm not a great fan of change by default.

Hate the emojis though. But I'm still one of those old fashioned people who prefers to type that instead of having an actual emoji.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The avatars are now a bit better but I still like the old format better :(

Do you know if it's an addon that's in use, or were they added in manually in the admin control panel or something?

No idea.

But I assume those emotes are standard on xenforum interface so it's probably a matter of finding out where they are.

Wish I could help more but I have almost no knowledge on this field.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I actually really liked the circle avatars. In fact, it was probably the only thing I particularly liked about the forum in general..

Right now, it just looks pretty bad on mobile, which is a shame because it didn't before. However, I think that with some sizing and colour adjustments, it could look okay..

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I actually really liked the circle avatars. In fact, it was probably the only thing I particularly liked about the forum in general..

Right now, it just looks pretty bad on mobile, which is a shame because it didn't before. However, I think that with some sizing and colour adjustments, it could look okay..

Really? I find this mobile layout vastly superior to XF 1.0. Looks way better and performs way better.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Glad the avatars got changed back to squares since I dislike circle ones as well.
This'll take some time getting used to, but I had the same with the previous forum update. I'm not a great fan of change by default.

I'm still not over the old avatar situation from switching to new forums myself.

I liked having hundreds of default ones to pick from.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Really? I find this mobile layout vastly superior to XF 1.0. Looks way better and performs way better.

Really? It's actually quite horrid and impractical in performance.

Lets say I want to go to the Anime Spoilers section and I click on the Pokémon Speculation Thread. First off, I google that page because it brings me there faster. Then I click on the actual thread. That brings me to page 1 of a 1000+ page thread. I need to scroll down the entire page to click the '>>' button to go to the most recent page. Please find a way to put that button on the top of the page.

Also, just a 'top'-button in general is lacking both on mobile and desktop versions.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Page jumper on the top for mobile would be nice. It is there on desktop. There is a top button on desktop. It's on the bottom right of the screen (up arrow button). It just hides itself after a while if you're not scrolling. Alternatively, just use Ctrl + home to jump to the top of a page. Ctrl + end jumps to the bottom of a page.

If you've got a favourite thread you like to follow you can also just put it on your watched thread list, then you can jump straight to the first unseen post from your alerts on either mobile or desktop, or through the watched threads interface.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I do have a question with the new emoji reaction system.

Let's say someone made a post on the "Worst thing to happened to you today" thread saying that their long-time dog died, and someone reacted with a laughing emoji, could that person who posted the reaction be reported?

I ask because I would hate for such as system to be abused.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I do have a question with the new emoji reaction system.

Let's say someone made a post on the "Worst thing to happened to you today" thread saying that there long-time dog died, and someone reacted with a laughing emoji, could that person who posted the reaction be reported?

I ask because I would hate for such as system to be abused.
I would say that reaction could have been a mistake. I’ve given wrong reactions on Facebook before because my finger slipped and selected the emoji right next to the one that I wanted. I would suggest asking the person in private about the questionable reaction and go from there.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I would say that reaction could have been a mistake. I’ve given wrong reactions on Facebook before because my finger slipped and selected the emoji right next to the one that I wanted. I would suggest asking the person in private about the questionable reaction and go from there.
Yea that would be a start, but it could be a case by case thing, depending on the situation as well.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Okay, that part makes sense, and I do feel like context is important.

If it was one-time by a friend of mine, I would assume it was just an accident.
However, if it was a repeated offense by someone who has made it clear that they don't like me, then I would think otherwise.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Really? It's actually quite horrid and impractical in performance.

Lets say I want to go to the Anime Spoilers section and I click on the Pokémon Speculation Thread. First off, I google that page because it brings me there faster. Then I click on the actual thread. That brings me to page 1 of a 1000+ page thread. I need to scroll down the entire page to click the '>>' button to go to the most recent page. Please find a way to put that button on the top of the page.

Also, just a 'top'-button in general is lacking both on mobile and desktop versions.

Click the date, not the thread title. It brings you right to the end. Alternatively, click the "Jump to new" button right at the top to go to new posts since you last viewed the thread. Regardless, these specific issues have nothing to do with the forum upgrade. We haven't lost any functionality as far as this kind of thing goes, and it's an issue with forum software in general.

As far as Googling goes, there's really not much we could do there besides start deleting a ton of stuff. We have a lot of content, a downside is it becomes more difficult to scroll to certain things. If there are threads you frequent, then you should make use of the bookmarking features of the forum, or just bookmark it in your browser itself.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Lol I can see the ratings getting disabled eventually. Remember the return of reputation years ago? That didn't last long because of how it got abused. Although I've noticed only six reactions show up for me compared to this:

69cd241354852340.PNG

That by design, or what? Had no plans on using them, personally, I'm just curious if certain ratings are locked out.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Im surprised everyone hates round avatars since all the major social media platforms like Discord, facebook, youtube and more have moved on to using Round ones
Not everyone likes so much cut off of their avatars. And even though most platforms have moved onto them, doesn't make them a good move or choice for everyone, some of us just put up with them due to having no choice to use the other ones instead.