• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Forum Upgrade

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
No, jump to new jumps to the first unread post in the thread, not to the end.

Okay, this furthers my point. We need functionality which makes us more capable of jumping pages on top of the page (rather then at the bottom).

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi! I've tried it for a week now. It's still impractical if the only place you can 'go backwards in a thread' is down at the bottom of a page (on mobile).

Considering that obviously there's a loss of functionality there, I don't get what you're trying to say here. Old forums: We can go backwards at the top of the page. New forums: Scroll down to the bottom of the page before you can select a page number. How is this not a loss in functionality? How does the forum upgrade have nothing to do with this?

"Jump to new" also doesn't function as it should. I refresh the page (to make sure I'm up-to-date) and click Jump to New. It jumps to the bottom of the page and there it says: 1114 of 1116. Shouldn't it have brought me all the way up to page 1116?

What I described was purely on mobile, click the date and not the thread title and you'll be brought to the most recent post.

I don't often browse on mobile but from what I remember the page switcher was only at the bottom on XF 1.0 as well, but I could very well be wrong there. Otherwise, I do get that it's a bit inconvenient, but it doesn't take very long to just scroll to the bottom of the page on a phone. If you're browsing on a non-touchscreen device then it would certainly be a pain, but so would using the web in general. To my knowledge, as simple as this feature may seem, it's not something that could easily be implemented if at all.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
No, jump to new jumps to the first unread post in the thread, not to the end.

And I love this function. It's quite helpful to get up to date with what's being discussed.

I can see why it's not everyone's cup of tea though.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
There were a few times I would see a thread glitch and someone's post will merge into another's.

I just thought I would mention that, and I wouldn't know if this went for anybody else.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
There were a few times I would see a thread glitch and someone's post will merge into another's.

I just thought I would mention that, and I wouldn't know if this went for anybody else.
Do you have any screen shots of it?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
It looks like the buttons are overlapping there.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Do you have any addons installed that might alter the content of a page? Such as an adblocker?
I do not believe so. I have no current ad blocker.

I should say that this is Mozilla Firefox.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Wow, my sign made to twitter!

Look, mom, I'm famous!
Yeah, famous to about 35 people who actually follow me.

To mods/admins: This could just be a problem on my end, and it doesn't happen all the time, so if that is the case, then it probably isn't a big deal.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Yeah, I also use Firefox and I haven't seen this happen. Very odd. What version of Firefox?
It was 81.0 before, and I just now updated it to 81.0.1 when prompted.

I guess I'll see if it happens again.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Okay, I saw it again. I saw the "like" indication at the bottom of the previous post blending in the next post.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
One thing that I do think needs fixing is making it so the names "Sticky Threads" and "Normal Threads" stick out better rather than being normal text. This is mainly because it can be hard to ascertain which list of threads are Normal and which ones are stickied. It'd make a a page(s) of list of threads much easier/nicer to look at too.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
One thing that I do think needs fixing is making it so the names "Sticky Threads" and "Normal Threads" stick out better rather than being normal text. This is mainly because it can be hard to ascertain which list of threads are Normal and which ones are stickied. It'd make a a page(s) of list of threads much easier/nicer to look at too.
I’ve noticed that too. It seems most forums using this set up has the same issue. Can we have the text in the title of a Sticky either remain permanently bolder or a different color?