• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Forum Upgrade

Lacuna

Goodnight
There were a few times I would see a thread glitch and someone's post will merge into another's.

I just thought I would mention that, and I wouldn't know if this went for anybody else.
I'm also occasionally having this issue, and I also use Firefox.
And funnily enough, it actually happened right on this very thread for me:
lEIYEzp.png
Looks to me like sometimes signatures don't load and it results in some weird offset?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Hey, I'm on a screenshot now!

Either way, I've noticed that issue as well. Seems to be something on xenforum as on another board I visit that has the system this issue sometimes occur.

Vernikova

Champion
I like the update. It looks nicer than the layout from before. The circle is a nice touch too.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I also would like to know if we will get another theme soon or not. Happy is pretty bland and the default is visually more interesting but those ads keep getting in the way and sort of ruin the enjoyment when you have to close the block literally every time you go to a new page. I get the ads help fund the site but they are just too distracting.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Both the :rolleyes: and thumbs down options could run into the issue of being abused. So I err on the side of caution with those two.
Just to point out the angry reaction is starting to get abused as well if someone doesn't agree with your posts, particularly in the Pokemon Anime section. Maybe it should be removed if possible because it is getting annoying.

Captain Jigglypuff

Just to point out the angry reaction is starting to get abused as well if someone doesn't agree with your posts, particularly in the Pokemon Anime section. Maybe it should be removed if possible because it is getting annoying.
I’ve noticed this too in a few other places especially after I said something that I knew that not everyone would agree with but nothing worth getting angry about. I think it was just my opinion on Iris’ training of Axew.

*Edit* I just remembered the very trivial comment that I said that made someone give me the Angry reaction. I said that I didn’t like Disney’ Tarzan that much because I hated how Phil Collins sang almost every single song in the movie and hearing his disembodied voice which never was used anywhere else other than the songs sort of ruins the movie as it isn’t really the characters saying how they feel or what they are thinking unlike every other Disney musical including Pocahontas and The Hunchback of Notre Dame. I don’t get why that would make anyone angry. Yeah I don’t like Phil Collins to begin with but I would be willing to have him write music for Tarzan and be more tolerable if he was singing all of them.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I think there’s something wrong with the mobile version of the site. The text box looks different and the “Serebii Forums” on the banner’s been replaced with “xenForo”

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
I think there’s something wrong with the mobile version of the site. The text box looks different and the “Serebii Forums” on the banner’s been replaced with “xenForo”
Oh phew, it's not just me. I was wondering if something happened with my connection or something.

Lacuna

Goodnight
The xenForo banner isn't happening to me on the mobile version, but it is happening to me on desktop... only on certain pages? Pretty sure it's just a bug from the upgrade.

I like the new text editor though, and the option to mark notifications as read/unread is very welcome.

There's also an option to set a profile banner image now, but every time I try to upload a picture it just gives me the vague "we ran into some problems" error. I'd say it could just be my slow internet but I'm not sure. (edit: I think that was the problem cause it's working now!)

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Not a huge fan of the editor. Wish the buttons were brighter. Maybe the color of the font on the green forum background. The white color really stands out. Maybe have it be black on the Happy theme. The grey button color just doesn't work well.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Not a huge fan of the editor. Wish the buttons were brighter. Maybe the color of the font on the green forum background. The white color really stands out. Maybe have it be black on the Happy theme. The grey button color just doesn't work well.
Same. I miss the function that allowed you to convert the quotes into HTML so you could edit for multi-quoting.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Same. I miss the function that allowed you to convert the quotes into HTML so you could edit for multi-quoting.
Well it might not be HTML but there is a feature that let's you convert the post to reveal the BB code. I don't know where it is on PC though. It looks like this: [ ] and left of the save feature on mobile (which looks like a floppy disk) that you can see by pressing the three dot column beside the undo button.

Captain Jigglypuff

The circles that pop up when you open the notification drop list is a bit weird. I am a member of other forums that use this site’s format and none of them have that circle thingy.