• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Forum Upgrade

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I was wondering about the reactions that we can use how there really is no reaction to show if you are confused which I think could be useful if someone needs you to explain something a bit more. I don’t think the face with a shocked look on it is quite right for confusion as being shocked doesn’t equate being confused. Also the Angry reactions being given out I think might be getting out of hand and perhaps a more annoyed face could work since some of the posts that got it seem like annoyance is more appropriate than anger as they are two very different emotions. Is it possible to tweak the reactions like this?
Tbh they should get rid of the angry one completely as it can and will be abused against posts that users don't agree with (its happening a lot in the Pokemon anime forums).

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Tbh they should get rid of the angry one completely as it can and will be abused against posts that users don't agree with (its happening a lot in the Pokemon anime forums).
Exactly. Annoyed would be a better fit and honestly the posts I’ve made that got an angry reaction made no sense as I just stated an opinion that others might not agree with and maybe annoyed them slightly but using the angry reaction implies I said something extremely offensive when that isn’t the case. I still don’t get how Me expressing my dislike for Phil Collins’ music and how Tarzan might have been more enjoyable to me if he wasn’t singing practically every song because that does get annoying after awhile and nowhere in that thread did I ever say that I disliked Disney’s Tarzan. I think it’s a really good adaptation that stuck to the original source material really well compared to other animated adaptations such as the Hunchback of Norte Dame or Pocahontas. I just don’t want to hear Phil Collins four times in an 88 minute movie with the only song not sung by him is performed by Rosie O’Donnell and is mostly an instrumental piece.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Okay, so the issue I had above is starting to become annoying. After a little while, fake notification numbers still show up until I have to press "Mark Read" to make them go away...for a while, before they come back. There has to be a fix for this.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Based on the very few people experiencing the issue it seems unlikely it has to do with the forum software. Did you try it in another browser or on another device to see if it's still the same behaviour?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Based on the very few people experiencing the issue it seems unlikely it has to do with the forum software. Did you try it in another browser or on another device to see if it's still the same behaviour?
Yeah, I'm not changing my Firefox browser for another one just to come here. It'd be annoying.

Maybe someone else who uses Firefox to come here may have a solution with a complete fix?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah, I'm not changing my Firefox browser for another one just to come here. It'd be annoying.

Maybe someone else who uses Firefox to come here may have a solution with a complete fix?

That's just it, I've always used Firefox and never experienced the issue. So it would helpful to diagnose if it's your browser, your account, your computer etc. Because it's certainly not an issue with Firefox in general.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
That's just it, I've always used Firefox and never experienced the issue. So it would helpful to diagnose if it's your browser, your account, your computer etc. Because it's certainly not an issue with Firefox in general.

I use Firefox as well and forums work just fine.

Captain Jigglypuff

I just noticed something interesting that I’ve seen before done on this site or any other forums that I used with this format. Ragnarok4 somehow managed to change the background of the thing that comes up when you click on their username. How is this done? I haven’t seen anyone else figure out this neat trick on here.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
I just noticed something interesting that I’ve seen before done on this site or any other forums that I used with this format. Ragnarok4 somehow managed to change the background of the thing that comes up when you click on their username. How is this done? I haven’t seen anyone else figure out this neat trick on here.
I think you're probably talking about the profile banner.
You can upload a banner in your account details.
You can see my banner too by just clicking on my avatar above.

Captain Jigglypuff

I think you're probably talking about the profile banner.
You can upload a banner in your account details.
You can see my banner too by just clicking on my avatar above.
So has this been a thing since the most recent update?

Antiyonder

Overlord
So ever since I came back a couple months ago, I've posted the occasional picture which all stay up for a few day, but then: https://forums.serebii.net/threads/whats-the-last-thing-you-buy.665336/page-13#post-19205023

Other posters who uploaded some like in that thread don't seem to have that happen.

Edit: Still waiting on an answer so I'm trying the pic links from my GameFAQs threads VS the usual Tapatalk pics. So I'll see in a couple more days if that helps.

Last edited: