• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Forum Upgrade

Antiyonder

Overlord
So ever since I came back a couple months ago, I've posted the occasional picture which all stay up for a few day, but then: https://forums.serebii.net/threads/whats-the-last-thing-you-buy.665336/page-13#post-19205023

Other posters who uploaded some like in that thread don't seem to have that happen.

Edit: Still waiting on an answer so I'm trying the pic links from my GameFAQs threads VS the usual Tapatalk pics. So I'll see in a couple more days if that helps.

Confirmed. So if any of you have a Tapatalk account, using photo links from them will after a few days result in a broken pic link.

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
I'm actually curious if there is any plans to bring back the post ranks that were part of the forums till a few years ago.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I liked seeing what new badge I’d get after so many posts.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Can ignored memebers see my profile and post messages on my wall?

OwensJB

So is anything being done about the username change feature? I submitted my request through the username change options on my settings page months ago but it's still pending and I haven't seen anyone else get their usernames changed yet.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Can ignored memebers see my profile and post messages on my wall?
Yes. Ignoring a member makes all of their content invisible to you. There's no way to make your content invisible to other users.
So is anything being done about the username change feature? I submitted my request through the username change options on my settings page months ago but it's still pending and I haven't seen anyone else get their usernames changed yet.
I'm not sure any of us were aware it wasn't working. Is anyone else having this issue?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Yes. Ignoring a member makes all of their content invisible to you. There's no way to make your content invisible to other users.

I'm not sure any of us were aware it wasn't working. Is anyone else having this issue?
It's the entire forum. Also only admins can approve the requests and not other staff members which is why everyone have not been able to get their name changes.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

So in that case, they can write something on a wall and then people will reply on that and I wont even know?...

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
It's the entire forum. Also only admins can approve the requests and not other staff members which is why everyone have not been able to get their name changes.
I thought Joe fixed that. Will prod him again.
So in that case, they can write something on a wall and then people will reply on that and I wont even know?...
The only thing you can't see are posts from people on your ignore list. So yes, if a bunch of people on your ignore list are having a conversation you wont see any of it. But if someone not on your ignore list replies, you can see that.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
There's an intrusive bottom cookie notification banner that stops me from immediately scrolling and always popping up every time I click on a new page here on these forums. This is what it says:

Cookies and other technologies are used on this site to offer users the best experience of relevant content, information and advertising. As a California resident you have the right to adjust what data we and our partner collect to optimize your experience. You can view more information on the specific categories of third parties that are used and which data is accessed and stored by clicking on "Manage Cookie Settings". For more information, please review our Privacy Policy.

Also, the Privacy Policy link leads to nowhere.