• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~New Frontier Team~

TyranitarFan

Professional Badass
yep. a whole new frontier team. how is it?

==Lead==(same as last time)
Metagross@Choice Band
Lonely (dont suggest adamant)
Clear Body
EVs:255 Atk/255 Hp
~Rock Slide
~Explosion
~Meteor Mash
~Earthquake

==Follow-Upper==
Dragonite@Lum Berry
Mild
Inner Focus
EVs:128 Sp.A/ 128 Atk/ 252 Spe
~Thunderbolt
~Wing Attack (gonna swap for earthquake later)
~Outrage
~Ice Beam

==Last Resort==
Tyranitar@Quick Claw
Brave
Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Hp/ 4 Sp.A
~Earthquake
~Crunch
~Dragon Dance
~Rock Slide

Yup. A real-live dragon dancing t-tar in 3rd gen. dont see that every day do ya?

how is it?​

Last edited:
So it's the same as your last team, except you've replaced Salamence with Dragonite and your Tyranitar is slightly different. What do you do when you're faced with a water-type? What are you struggling against?

JakeSteel

Has Not Changed.
Meta wants Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb or Agility for Rock Slide.

Split up your EV's for T-Tar into SPA a little bit.

Blaziken and Kingdra could probably sweep your team.

Meta wants Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb or Agility for Rock Slide.

Meteor Mash should knock out any Psychic or Ghost types in one hit, and Agility obviously shouldn't be used on the Choice Band set. Rock Slide can still be useful against Zapdos and Gyarados.

TyranitarFan

Professional Badass
So it's the same as your last team, except you've replaced Salamence with Dragonite and your Tyranitar is slightly different. What do you do when you're faced with a water-type? What are you struggling against?

dragonite's Sp.A is quite high and i have 1HKO a bladstoise before. ;) so thats my counter against waters.

and @ JakeSteel (i dont know how to quote 2 at a time :() no. dragonite will destroy blaziken and kingdra in 1 shot. ive done it before. not that hard, actually.

JakeSteel

Has Not Changed.
Meteor Mash should knock out any Psychic or Ghost types in one hit, and Agility obviously shouldn't be used on the Choice Band set. Rock Slide can still be useful against Zapdos and Gyarados.

Oh yeah, sorry, wasn't thinking... =S

dragonite's Sp.A is quite high and i have 1HKO a bladstoise before. ;) so thats my counter against waters.

and @ JakeSteel (i dont know how to quote 2 at a time :() no. dragonite will destroy blaziken and kingdra in 1 shot. ive done it before. not that hard, actually.

Lol, I think I was Suggesting Under the Influence when I made that post. I completely forgot Kingdra was a Dragon.

EDIT

Blaziken is faster than Meta before the Aglility.
Timid Kingdra outspeeds your Dragonite as well.

I'm not saying you'll lose, you probably won't if you switch, but I'm just saying.

Last edited:

That must've been a weak-*** Blastoise. And even if Dragonite could OHKO bulky waters (it can't), it'd never be able to switch into their attacks so any way you look at it, Dragonite's not a water Pokemon counter.

TyranitarFan

Professional Badass
That must've been a weak-*** Blastoise. And even if Dragonite could OHKO bulky waters (it can't), it'd never be able to switch into their attacks so any way you look at it, Dragonite's not a water Pokemon counter.

well... it WAS at battle 19 so i guess thats why it was weak. :(

M4zz

Banned
It could be a water counterer. Just have the correct attributes and moves (such as thunderbolt/thunder for non-ground waters, and Ice beam/Blizzard/Outrage for ground-waters)

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
I think Tyranitar having a Brave nature isn't a good idea. it would make him even slower so i suggest teach is scary face?

Maybe you could have either a Naughty, Adamant or Loney.

I think Tyranitar haveing earthquake when Metagross already having it is kinda useless to me. i mean what would happen if you were in a double battle and you have metagross and Tyranitar as partners? Tyranitar useing earthquake will bascially kill metagross since he is half steel. let metagross learn earthquake and teach Tyranitar a TM move of Hm move which will be good with it's nature.

I think Tyranitar having a Brave nature isn't a good idea. it would make him even slower so i suggest teach is scary face?

Maybe you could have either a Naughty, Adamant or Loney.

That's exactly the idea, Tyranitar is already pretty slow, so it's more likely to have to take a hit before dealing one out, so lowering its defensive stats might not be the best idea. Adamant will lower Crunch's power since it's a special attack. Scary Face is useless since it's completely outclassed by Dragon Dance.

M4zz

Banned
Tyranitar@????
Mild Nature
~Crunch
~Rock Slide
~Thunderbolt
~Dragon Dance

Covers both Attack and Special Attack