• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Game in 2010 [THIS IS NOT A SPECULATION THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

halloweenghost

It's actually a good thing it's on the same system as we won't have to spend alot of cash buying a new system and a new game.

*thumbs up* Deffinatly.. I don't have to buy a new system for the fifth gen... I truly hope it is..majority points to yes but you never know :p

*level up*

mockingjay

swift and lol
The DS is still popular. I still hope that they improve the graphics, even just a little.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
wow, this is awesome news :)
new pokemon, new land, exciting. :D

Atlidevil

Game Hoarder
.....GOD ****ING DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!! I JUST got Platinum my first 4th gen game exactly a month ago and now the 5th gen is maybe on its way.

mockingjay

swift and lol
Platinum has been out for ages, it's your fault. Also, this is released in Japan late 2010, so it'll probably be a Q2 2011 release for the US.

uhhhhh

Too sweet
.....GOD ****ING DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!! I JUST got Platinum my first 4th gen game exactly a month ago and now the 5th gen is maybe on its way.

You still pretty much got 8 months left.

Anywhoo, I'd like to see how GF pulls this one off, if it IS going to be Gen V.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I hope it`s a Gen 5 game.Ever since the release of R/S,A new main game was made ever 4 years in Japan.
R/G=1996
G/S=1999
R/S=2002
D/P=2006
GenV=''2010''

I bet we will see this game come out here in 2011.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It's quite obvious that it's a 5th generation. End of this year seems fair, hopefully the Filler saga is mid way around that stage, so we can have the 5th generation series mid 2011.

It does not have to start in mid 2011. Ash can finish Sinnoh league in sep 2010 and then begin the new journey.

Prisimviere

Not Returned.
I hope it`s a Gen 5 game.Ever since the release of R/S,A new main game was made ever 4 years in Japan.
R/G=1996
G/S=1999
R/S=2002
D/P=2006
GenV=''2010''

I bet we will see this game come out here in 2011.

I agree about this pattern because I also noticed this one.

Hurricos

Shiny Collector
It seems that Pokemon will never end, this is awesome news that a 5th generation of pokemon is starting but, we'll have to wait for more confirmation before getting our hopes up.

rocky505

We'll have to wait until Feb 13,14,15 for anymore news.

firelovindocker

Lol, people shouldn't be to excited too early. If anything these new pokemon will be a new celebi form, or more deformed pokemon like NE pichu. And this new land will probably be a small island where you do gyms or a battling tournament.

Hell, this could a new place with only few gen.5 pokemon like XD had munchlax and bonsly (I think it was XD).

Idk I'm really excited too, but it throws me off that we've had no recognition of 5th gen. Pokemon and suddenly there'll be a 5 gen game in like 9 months or something.

It's just strange

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Lol, people shouldn't be to excited too early. If anything these new pokemon will be a new celebi form, or more deformed pokemon like NE pichu. And this new land will probably be a small island where you do gyms or a battling tournament.

Hell, this could a new place with only few gen.5 pokemon like XD had munchlax and bonsly (I think it was XD).

Idk I'm really excited too, but it throws me off that we've had no recognition of 5th gen. Pokemon and suddenly there'll be a 5 gen game in like 9 months or something.

It's just strange

Yes I still don't get how there is no 5th gen. pokemon and a game for it has been announced. I have a feeling that soon we will get 1 new pokemon.

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
Prehaps they are keeping it on the d-low and then out of the blue announce it!

rocky505

Wait till mid Feb. and they'll probably reveal one.

Saph

Rapscallion
Technically, this isn't the first time two generations were released on the same system. Red, Blue, Green & Yellow shared the Game Boy with Gold & Silver, only Crystal was a Game Boy Color exclusive.

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
maybe... numerically 3 could be the end of a cycle. what I mean is: Red and Blue could be played in the same handheld as Gold and Silver, so, maybe Diamond and Pearl will be playable in the same handheld as the new generation.

and last time I said it would take one more year for a new generation, we got the 4th out of nowhere so... yeah, I think it's a 5th gen. also, I agree with the years pattern.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Like in an earlier post I made,I list the NewGen list for Japan.Now,Here is the Us new Gen list.
R/B=1998
G/S=2000
R/S=2003
D/P=2007
GenV=2011.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Eh, patterns are made to be broken. =P

But anyways... http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir/?p=237 Masuda's blog, which google translate (clumsly I might add...) indicates it's going to be Game Freak, I gather. IGN correct it seems?

Still who knows, vague chance it's not a 5th gen game. XD Vague but we'll find out for sure soon enough.

Begs the question though - what console exactly? DSi exclusive maybe? Or for all DS systems? Maybe (I doubt it) the next 'DS' wil suddenly appear and it'd be a launch title? =/

Status
Not open for further replies.