• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Game in 2010 [THIS IS NOT A SPECULATION THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Brave Birdy

The creator's maybe.Well Dragon's resist nearly every type. And I'm sure you won't have an Ice or Dragon type that early.

Which reminds me, whether this is a new gen or not, I would like to see ice type pokemon available much earlier in the game. Like maybe even around the time you fight the second gym leader, I'm tired of them being placed near the seventh gym.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Wouldn't it be funny if Satoshi and Dawn had yet to finish their Sinnoh journeys by the time these games came out?

It could happen.

I'm sure we'll be seeing some 5th gen Pokemon in the anime in the fairly near future. I'm guessing either just before or just after movie 13, but feel free to call me out on that.

DrJo

Pokemon Doc
I would hope they'd be able to foresee the unholy wave of nerd rage that would result in an inability to transfer Pokemon to the 5th gen games, and act accordingly.

With that you mean people that play pokemon are nerds??. I mean if they made people happy with the migrating stuff then they HAVE to help people keeping their pokemon from previous games.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Or they could make PBR2 in November or December.

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
You're forgetting.... HG and SS have been out for quite some time now. Japan will get the games sometime in Fall. That's a long time away. The 13th movie should have a 5th gen promo poke in it. I wouldn't be surprised if the new Ranger game had a 5th gen promo as well.
No, I knew it was out in Japan, and coming out in 2010 in Japan only, but it still seems rushed. I'm not complaining though, just saying lol. And I agree with the 13th movie.

Wouldn't it be funny if Satoshi and Dawn had yet to finish their Sinnoh journeys by the time these games came out?
Lol, that was my point.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
With that you mean people that play pokemon are nerds??. I mean if they made people happy with the migrating stuff then they HAVE to help people keeping their pokemon from previous games.

Sorry if you take offense; I don't consider "nerd" to be a pejorative term. I consider myself to be one of those nerds, as well. I'd certainly be upset if I couldn't migrate my Pokemon to the new games.

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
It also occured to me that they treat each new game like the gateway for newcomers. Hence, who can tell if they will introduce lots of new ideas, and not make a remake of Ruby/Sapphire?

Lemonade

Judging by what we've been told so far we can assume that there will quite a few changes in this new game, DS be damned. I for one would LOVE to finally see customizable trainers.

Also, I'd love it if you could revisit Hoenn in these games like you could revisit Kanto in HGSS. It's the only region not to be DS-ified and I want to see it. <3

On that note, difficulty levels. Dear Arceus lord in Heaven, difficulty levels.

If I want a challenge I should be able to start a new game in Lunatic mode and get my maidenly arse whooped through the rings of Hell and back by the champion. That's how it's supposed to be.

DrJo

Pokemon Doc
Sorry if you take offense; I don't consider "nerd" to be a pejorative term. I consider myself to be one of those nerds, as well. I'd certainly be upset if I couldn't migrate my Pokemon to the new games.

Dont worry i was just asking. Who wouldnt? youve spent a lot of time levelling those critters, and beacuse of the heavy competitive gaming it would be really annoying to loose them all from game to game. And i consider a nerd someone who doesnt has a social life something i assure you and i have and a lot of the posters here.

Would anyone like a poison/fire last stage starter?

zeno48

Zaker!
Someone in the region's cities will probably own one so you can't catch it.

Can you stop stating your opinion as a fact. Your acting like what you are saying is a fact and there has been no confirmation of that. People, wait until they give out more info. Ash is not done with the sinnoh league yet so if this were to happen then Dawn would already be going soon but there has been no indication of that.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Dont worry i was just asking. Who wouldnt? youve spent a lot of time levelling those critters, and beacuse of the heavy competitive gaming it would be really annoying to loose them all from game to game. And i consider a nerd someone who doesnt has a social life something i assure you and i have and a lot of the posters here.

Would anyone like a poison/fire last stage starter?

Poison/fire, huh?

Unusual dual types would be a good way to get in some of the different typing people have been wanting for starters. After all, we've had two fire/fighting final stage starters.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Poison/Fire= Has a lot of weaknesses and a x4 weakness against Ground-type moves. Maybe a good choice as an Exotic Pet not as a competitive battler.

DrJo

Pokemon Doc
Poison/Fire= Has a lot of weaknesses and a x4 weakness against Ground-type moves. Maybe a good choice as an Exotic Pet not as a competitive battler.

Abomasnow has a whole lot of weaknesses and i see it quite often at competitive battling.

Something tells me nintendo has found a new tradition with the fire/fighting starter... lets hope we dont have another one.

Chimchar15

Judging by what we've been told so far we can assume that there will quite a few changes in this new game, DS be damned. I for one would LOVE to finally see customizable trainers.

Also, I'd love it if you could revisit Hoenn in these games like you could revisit Kanto in HGSS. It's the only region not to be DS-ified and I want to see it. <3

On that note, difficulty levels. Dear Arceus lord in Heaven, difficulty levels.

If I want a challenge I should be able to start a new game in Lunatic mode and get my maidenly arse whooped through the rings of Hell and back by the champion. That's how it's supposed to be.

No way in hell do I want that! We've seen what happens when two regions occupy the same game, not very well balanced. Johto the main region of the game felt short and unfinished. I want this region getting all the spotlight. The will be RSE remakes to look forward to later on after Gen V is released so let's put a hold on Hoenn.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I was hoping for a new 3D game for Wii. I want a new 3D game, maybe it is for DSi ware. Who knows? Long story short, I do not want another generation, what more could they possibly add?

Status
Not open for further replies.