• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Features/Mechanics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supersonicbro

While looking at the pictures shown on the front page, I noticed there was a blastoise in a firetruck, I know we had things like the machoke pokemon movers, but will this show more emphasis on the type of jobs they can do? Also there's an ambulance looking truck so maybe chansey will be shown too helping out?

Also it looks like the new pokedex is shown and it looks like it has a touch screen maybe.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
More pokemon with jobs would be cool. I just hope there are more pokemon in this poked ex because x and y had a very dissapointed low amount.

.Aerodactyl.

New Types Speculation Thread

For starters, there has been NO mention of a new type happening whatsoever. This is just for fun!

If you don't think that there should be a new type that is a completely valid opinion and feel free to share. Just please be specific with your comments and explain why you feel this way, don't just post "Eww, no. This is stoopid no new types pls." Because that's not really adding to the conversation. Remember that many people here are just having fun and don't necessarily think there ideas should/will happen.

So, here are my ideas! I don't think that they have to do a new type and won't cry if they don't add one, but it's still fun to talk about! I mostly want to see ice and ghost get a boost and most of my stuff will revolve around that. There aren't really a lot of types left they could even do.

Prism type:
A prism type or crystal type I think is doable and hasn't been done yet. I could see it being strong against fairy type (as many fable creatures in stories can be trapped in crystals) and perhaps one other type, like steel or something. I'd like it to be weak to ghost and ice, as ghosts can possess crystals and ice makes natural crystals that could freeze and shatter them. I know, it's a logic stretch but just what I want XD. I'd like Ghost and Ice to resist it too. It's my fav speculation for a new type, and they could even pay homage to the crystal onix and make it a new Pokemon that is an alternative evolution to onix or something :D

Space type:
A space or stellar type is what I thought fairy type could be before it was revealed, as Clefairy is thought to be from the moon/space and Pokémon like Deoxys come from there. With fairy type sort of filling that niche, I think it's less possible now. I could see it being strong against fairy and dark, resisting types like steel, ice and dark. Hard to think of a weakness and strength per-say cause the vacuum of space pretty much kills everything XD. I still want Ice to be effective against it but how do you logic that?

Sound type:
A sound or Audio type is a popular one already cause so many attacks and abilities are already sound based in the game. That might also make it a double edged sword, as since it is so embedded in the game already it might make it harder to split it apart. Meloetta, Exploud and Chatot are easy type retcon candidates (I could even see voltorb and electrode getting the type add on) but what about Pokémon like Audino and Wyvern who look like they should have it, but it would be hard to add on?
I don't even know where to begin in the type matchups for this one either XD. I'm sure someone out there has already logiced it out.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Yeah, I personally don't feel like there's any need for a new type. In five generations we've only had two introduce new types so it's not like it's a usual occurrence. That, and I recall both times new types were added there was another type that they were designed to balance out (Steel and Dark were made to balance Psychic, Fairy was made to balance Dragon). I don't think there's any one type that's become really overpowered and ruling the meta game currently, although admittedly I'm not on the competitive scene, so there's no urgent need for one right now. Eighteen types is plenty and the weakness and resistance system is already a bit complicated to remember to begin with as of Gen 6, I'd really prefer that they didn't introduce a new type just for the sake of having a new one.

.Aerodactyl.

Yeah, I personally don't feel like there's any need for a new type. In five generations we've only had two introduce new types so it's not like it's a usual occurrence. That, and I recall both times new types were added there was another type that they were designed to balance out (Steel and Dark were made to balance Psychic, Fairy was made to balance Dragon). I don't think there's any one type that's become really overpowered and ruling the meta game currently, although admittedly I'm not on the competitive scene, so there's no urgent need for one right now. Eighteen types is plenty and the weakness and resistance system is already a bit complicated to remember to begin with as of Gen 6, I'd really prefer that they didn't introduce a new type just for the sake of having a new one.

This is so true, which is why this is more for fun than for reality. The game certainly won't suffer without it. I'm trying to get competitive, but so far it doesn't feel unbalanced, I just feel like certain types, like ice and Ghost, could get some boost, but I'm biased cause Ice is a fav of mind. I will say I do like even numbers and 19 would make me squirmy and feel incomplete XD

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer

Besides agreeing with you, I must say that the entire Type chart is in need of a re-balance. Like, greatly buff Ice types on defensive coverages, nerf the coverage of Fairy types (make fairy type attacks just neutral to Dark types, and/or maybe make them neutral to dark types instead)

Red and Blue

It will probably be a few more gens before we get a new type. Fairy should satisfy us for a while

Chomper4

While looking at the pictures shown on the front page, I noticed there was a blastoise in a firetruck, I know we had things like the machoke pokemon movers, but will this show more emphasis on the type of jobs they can do? Also there's an ambulance looking truck so maybe chansey will be shown too helping out?

Also it looks like the new pokedex is shown and it looks like it has a touch screen maybe.

Where does it show a possible new Pokedex?

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
Maybe they will introduce Pokemon Jobs as a new feature? That ambulance is pretty convincing, imo. I mean, where else in the Pokemon world would you need an ambulance for? The pictures definitely says something about a new feature.

Supersonicbro

I'm 99% certain what is in the corner is just a sketch of what the individual doors should look like. Look at the sketch and the doors on the Pokemon Center and they have the same design.

oh wow you're right hahaha ^_^'

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
It would definitely be cool to have mini-games based around emergency services. Like making it to a burning building and extinguishing the fire in a time limit or saving and caring for sick Pokémon.

Navarch

I like the idea of the ambulances picking you up after you white out. All of your Pokemon have fainted, so the ambulance picks you up and brings you back to the Pokemon Center.

Fennekin1

oh wow you're right hahaha ^_^'

That's alright. You just made a quick conclusion to what you saw. I can see how you would think that was a pokedex.

As for Pokemon with jobs, I honestly would just like to see more Pokemon in the over world in general. I want more than just a Chansey behind Pokemon Center counters like the old games with maybe a handful of over world Pokemon here and there.

GalaxianEX

Pokemon with jobs go back all the way to Gen 1. Though I'm curious that it's getting more focus in the new games.

Status
Not open for further replies.