• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Features/Mechanics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

I'm glad Amie is back and thrilled it is improved on :)

Wonder if super training is coming back too? Idc if it does or not but it would be nice to have an easy access to some evolution stones.

It's not been confirmed but it'd be very strange to bring in the ability to change your Pokemon's IVs but leave out the ability to track & increase your pokemon EVs

I mean yeah there's better, quicker ways to do the EV management, but pulling the curtain back and letting you see it was still a big enough deal.

LoveMcQueen5683

It's not been confirmed but it'd be very strange to bring in the ability to change your Pokemon's IVs but leave out the ability to track & increase your pokemon EVs

I mean yeah there's better, quicker ways to do the EV management, but pulling the curtain back and letting you see it was still a big enough deal.

Omg I forgot about the ev tracker. Nevermind I need it back

.Aerodactyl.

Am I the only one excited for the customization updates? Looks like more hair colours, styles and clothes! We can actually take off our had and wear glasses now, and the guys look like they didn't get completely left in the dust by the girls.

Do we have any word on what those coins are and how we get them?

shadowF

I was wondering so we will not be able to use Pokemon Bank at all in Pokemon Sun and Moon in the first two months? No transferring my pokemon X pokemon over?

R_N

I was wondering so we will not be able to use Pokemon Bank at all in Pokemon Sun and Moon in the first two months? No transferring my pokemon X pokemon over?

seems like it
Starting in early 2017, it will support Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon as well.

I wonder if they had difficulty with the update? It was originally slated for this year, presumably with sun/moon.

BlitzGirl41

Where is everyone getting "PokeRefresh cures status conditions" from? From what I saw, PokeRefresh is an update to Pokemon Amie, but instead of petting you wash, dry, and groom them like you would a real-world pet.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Where is everyone getting "PokeRefresh cures status conditions" from? From what I saw, PokeRefresh is an update to Pokemon Amie, but instead of petting you wash, dry, and groom them like you would a real-world pet.

It says on the Pokemon main site, but also in the trailer I think you see them cure paralysis too? :D

AmethystLeslie

Not only that, but it looks like that after maxing out our Pokèmon's affection, it will be able to withstand a move that otherwise would have knocked it out.

That was in Gen 6.

I'm so glad they're improved the character customization, there's so much more choices now. Being able to dye clothes other colours, wear glasses on your face rather than on the hat, being able to remove the hat, wear makeup, more hair colours, it's fantastic :D

.Aerodactyl.

I'm so glad they're improved the character customization, there's so much more choices now. Being able to dye clothes other colours, wear glasses on your face rather than on the hat, being able to remove the hat, wear makeup, more hair colours, it's fantastic :D

I agree, the games definitely needed this. Now that they want global releases with a theme of unity and talking together with others and connecting, we really needed to be able to design ourselves. And, now seeing the trainers in battles helps keeps things from getting stale. You really get to show off your design and appreciate your opponent's

BlitzGirl41

I agree, the games definitely needed this. Now that they want global releases with a theme of unity and talking together with others and connecting, we really needed to be able to design ourselves. And, now seeing the trainers in battles helps keeps things from getting stale. You really get to show off your design and appreciate your opponent's

Good point! Though I will never play online battles against other players, I do still like that idea, that you can really advertise your character. :)

BlitzGirl41

How come you don't want to battle online?

Never have received any enjoyment from playing against other human beings in video games, that's all. It stresses me out and I am not competitive so therefore I do not have the required level of skill to beat someone.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Everything with custmization looks cool. However, I was really hoping boys could get satchels, but we seem to be restricted to backpacks only... :(

But ah well, most of the backpacks do look pretty cool.

And Poké Refresh... Cool as well, love the improvements. However, the fact that now you can heal status with it seems a bit overdoing it, IMO. I'll only use that feature when I'm desperate.

noakai

The one-two punch of customization being back and expanded to include dying, no hats and glasses has me excited, especially since we now see our trainers behind Pokemon as they battle so we'll see our character a whole lot more now.

.Aerodactyl.

Everything with custmization looks cool. However, I was really hoping boys could get satchels, but we seem to be restricted to backpacks only... :(

But ah well, most of the backpacks do look pretty cool.

And Poké Refresh... Cool as well, love the improvements. However, the fact that now you can heal status with it seems a bit overdoing it, IMO. I'll only use that feature when I'm desperate.

That's funny...I was hoping girls could get backpacks XD I hate carrying a purse...like you're running around an entire region on foot. I want to back pack it. My shoulder would kill me if I did that with a one strap bag.

I like the refresh... I really can't wait to play with my Pokémon again :D

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
Pokerefresh is interesting, though I feel like it's going to be a lot simpler and faster to just spend a paltry amount of money on antidotes/etc or just stop by a Pokemon Center. Rubbing the screen for a few minutes seems like it'd get tiring.

That said, very looking forward to customization. SM will be my first game playing the female option after being disappointed in the customization for males in XY. Hoping for nice dress options, and creative head-wear.

Sulfurian

I think I read somewhere that Rotom's pokedex will allow you to communicate with pokemon in a special way or something like that. Maybe that comes into play with refresh?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I will abuse this refresh feature by blow drying my Oranguru on an hourly basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.