• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Features/Mechanics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzroen

Dragon Trainer
If HM's are really replaced with Pokeride, I wonder if the old HM's will be turned in TM's. It'd be a shame if we lost moves like Surf and Fly.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
If HM's are really replaced with Pokeride, I wonder if the old HM's will be turned in TM's. It'd be a shame if we lost moves like Surf and Fly.
We've already seen Surf used by Wishiwashi, so the moves themselves are probably still here.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

They'd never not make Surf available. Just no. Whether you can still surf on your own pokémon I don't know. I'd want to. I dislike being forced to fly on a Charizard and Surf on a Lapras if they aren't part of my team. Maybe if there's some sidequest to save them from Team Skull, but otherwise not really. I'd rather Fly on my Oricorio and Surf on my Wishiwashi.. ^.^

HydroBR

it almost looks like it could be a transmitter ball or something. Like the machine you use to call the transport pokemon is in his right hand and then the ball transmits the pokemon to him with new technology and that's how he summons it. That'd be neat anyways!

That sounds reasonable. I mean, transporting Pokémons out of your team instantly has been a thing since Gen 1 (by reaching the 6 Pokémon cap), so making it work the other way around, specially if it's temporary and likely "rental" isn't much of a stretch.

They'd never not make Surf available. Just no. Whether you can still surf on your own pokémon I don't know. I'd want to. I dislike being forced to fly on a Charizard and Surf on a Lapras if they aren't part of my team. Maybe if there's some sidequest to save them from Team Skull, but otherwise not really. I'd rather Fly on my Oricorio and Surf on my Wishiwashi.. ^.^

I believe they'll still let us use our own Pokémon to Surf, Fly and stuff, with the good old generic black bird/fish animation, even better if HMs become TMs (there are already non-HM moves that work on the field, not a problem there)

If not, I'm actually fine with that, I never liked HMs, having to constantly manage HM slaves via PC was a pain. Also, the idea of those Pokémons of PokéRide not being random generic ones, but actually the ones we find on our adventure, save from Team Skull or anything like that sounds awesome :)

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
In regards to how these "Festival Coins" are used, I kind of feel as if they're an exclusive currency for if you want to dye your clothes. From memory (which could very easily be wrong), I think we only saw them in the dyeing segments. So it would be regular money for the clothes, and Festival Coins for optional additions.

As for how they'd be earned... No idea. Certain sidequests maybe?

sheld999

In regards to how these "Festival Coins" are used, I kind of feel as if they're an exclusive currency for if you want to dye your clothes. From memory (which could very easily be wrong), I think we only saw them in the dyeing segments. So it would be regular money for the clothes, and Festival Coins for optional additions.

As for how they'd be earned... No idea. Certain sidequests maybe?

most likely or there prob be some kind of comp or something on the lines

scififan21

I'm guessing they'd be earned in a mini-game type deal? Just a guess based on what they're called.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
prob by throwing the poke into the ocean
Eh, I doubt that. We've seen the payment for throwing Pyukumuku into the ocean, and it's the normal standard money in the Pokémon world.

sheld999

Eh, I doubt that. We've seen the payment for throwing Pyukumuku into the ocean, and it's the normal standard money in the Pokémon world.

oh real ? forgotten about that. hmmm its a strange one about fest coins

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
When I was looking at the Pokemon website earlier, I saw a small detail where they elaborated that Pulverizing Pancake is a transformation of Giga Impact, which made me think, do each of the exclusive Z Moves need a certain move to be activated. If so, I can see Stoked Sparksufer and Catastropika both needing Volt Tackle and Extreme Evoboost could be Eevee using Helping Hand on itself almost(well technically it would be the 8 evolutions using Helping Hand on Eevee but lets not dive into technicalities), anyways, just a thought.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
When I was looking at the Pokemon website earlier, I saw a small detail where they elaborated that Pulverizing Pancake is a transformation of Giga Impact, which made me think, do each of the exclusive Z Moves need a certain move to be activated. If so, I can see Stoked Sparksufer and Catastropika both needing Volt Tackle and Extreme Evoboost could be Eevee using Helping Hand on itself almost(well technically it would be the 8 evolutions using Helping Hand on Eevee but lets not dive into technicalities), anyways, just a thought.
Volt Tackle certainly seems to match Catastropika, and it would be cool if the same move activated A-Raichu's too. Helping Hand for Extreme Evoboost is one I haven't seen suggested before, but certainly makes sense. As it's the only non-attacking one we've seen so far, it would make sense for it to be a status move, and Helping Hand definitely makes sense thematically.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Volt Tackle certainly seems to match Catastropika, and it would be cool if the same move activated A-Raichu's too. Helping Hand for Extreme Evoboost is one I haven't seen suggested before, but certainly makes sense. As it's the only non-attacking one we've seen so far, it would make sense for it to be a status move, and Helping Hand definitely makes sense thematically.

I kind kind of see Stoked Sparksurfer as an evolution of sorts for Catastropika, so it would make sense that when Pikachu evolves, you dont need to learn a completely different move to activate Raichu's Z Move

Anyways I think that Z Forms will happen in one way or another, I would like it if the boost was greater than a Mega Evolution, but they only lasted one turn before reverting back. Also I couldn't see a Pokemon adopting a Z Form using a general Z Move that can be used by any Pokemon, so if Z forms do happen, they will definitely use the Signature Z Moves, as it wouldn't make sense if Rowlet's final evolution can transform using Bloom Doom if Lurantis cannot

Last edited:

KillerDraco

Festival Plaza confirmed, and appears to be Join Avenue 2.0. Poke Pelago seems like an interesting couple of minigames, too.

Seven of Arcanine

RK9 Unit Trainer
Pelago consists of three islands according to the image. The one not described shows a bunch of pokemon picking berries, so I guess it's fairly obvious what its purpose is.

SmartD

I figured Festival Plaza was something of a successor to Join Avenue from B2W2; with a bit of Wi-Fi Plaza from the Gen IV games. Are Festival Coins are separate currency from the regular currency in the main games?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
So, BP will be making a return (no big shock there), and it will be used to purchase certain Mega Stone. Man am I glad that I've been building up BP in Pokemon Bank (I have about 390 BP ready to transfer, and who knows how much I'll have come January).

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
So, BP will be making a return (no big shock there), and it will be used to purchase certain Mega Stone. Man am I glad that I've been building up BP in Pokemon Bank (I have about 390 BP ready to transfer, and who knows how much I'll have come January).

haha; me too. not that I need any more on my x file... after not having played for like a year, I transferred points from pokemon bank and got more than I could ever use (unless I buy a whole bunch of ability capsules). nice to know I'll have something to spend them on. I'm more worried about festival coins for clothes at this point... how long is it going to take me to complete my wardrobe? I like to collect everything, and even with lumiose expensive clothes it's quite possible to get the rest of them all that you didn't pick up earlier at the end of the game when you don't have too much else to spend cash on and can spam the battle chateu for more.

Glad to see Your Time being introduced. Timer stalling has been a bit of a problem in the past so it's nice that they're addressing that.
Probably won't help people that find official formats too fast-paced though.

LoveMcQueen5683

Glad to see Your Time being introduced. Timer stalling has been a bit of a problem in the past so it's nice that they're addressing that.
Probably won't help people that find official formats too fast-paced though.

I didn't understand it very well with the way it was explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.