• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Features/Mechanics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkerShining

Ooh, I can already tell that I'm going to love the Festival Plaza. I certainly do get a Wi-Fi Plaza from Gen IV/Join Avenue from Gen V vibe from it, and I'm looking forward to learning everything about the features it has to offer and what items and such you can get from it!

Same goes for Poké Pelago. It looks like another really interesting feature, and I look forward to learning all about it!

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
Glad to see Your Time being introduced. Timer stalling has been a bit of a problem in the past so it's nice that they're addressing that.
Probably won't help people that find official formats too fast-paced though.

I feel like there should be an option to choose whether or not, or by how much to do time limits. I mean, I don't normally spend near a minute picking a move, but occasionally there are those tough decisions where you want to stop and think for a sec and check a few things without feeling extra pressure. I generally dislike time limits on things, whether or not I have trouble meeting them.

shadowF

Wait this might be a stupid question but how can you gain a lot of BP in Pokemon Bank? Because if we can store a lot then I am saving them up for Pokemon Sun and Moon!

Aetius

I gotta say that these new additions are wonderful!

Festival Plaza: I'm getting positive vibes from this new feature.
Maybe it's because it reminds me of the Join Avenue from B&W!
It also looks like we will get the chance to acquire a great deal of FC by completing the requests of other players.
Not only that, but we will also be able to do lots of different activities in it!

Pokè Pelago: The mini-games shown in this new feature are similar to the ones found on the Global Link, which is nice honestly.
My favourite island has to be the one that allows you to catch wild Pokèmon!
I do hope that some of the Pokèmon captured here, will be able to have their HA!
Also the remaining two islands seem to be intriguing!
I suppose that we can raise our Pokèmon's EVs there! :D

Your Time: I've seen many people raging over the fact that some players adapted a stalling approach to their battles...
I suppose they will be happy now, so good for them I guess...

BlitzGirl41

So...can anyone explain to me what these two new features actually do? I can tell that one is a way to earn points to spend on things, and the other is some place to plop your boxed Pokemon. Just seems like more new features being introduced on top of the mountain of features that have come into these games, overly complicating everything. I'm feeling too overwhelmed already. :(

Xuxuba

I hope they are just choosing not to mention this game's battle facility. I also hope it's way better than the boring Battle Maison. As one of the several people who prefer in-game battles rather than online battles, features like that are really important to me.

R_N

So...can anyone explain to me what these two new features actually do? I can tell that one is a way to earn points to spend on things, and the other is some place to plop your boxed Pokemon. Just seems like more new features being introduced on top of the mountain of features that have come into these games, overly complicating everything. I'm feeling too overwhelmed already. :(

The Plaza is like BW2's join avenue mixed with the fun fest missions & Platinum's online plaza. There are shops that let you buy certain items (or item bundles) and mess with your pokemon stats/etc, minigames to earn festival coins (to buy stuff or to dye your clothes) and you can partake in missions to also earn festival coins. You can also interact with other trainers if you're connected online and do battles, trades, etc.

pokelego uses pokemon in your PC to do stuff on different islands. You can plant & harvest berries, send them on expeditions to find rare items, train them on facilities and a few other things.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
These two versions are so chock-full of content, it makes you think they sacrificed "Pokemon Z" to empower them more.

The way you describe it, it sounds like they placed a copy oz Z of an alter and stabbed it while chanting or something.

BlitzGirl41

The Plaza is like BW2's join avenue mixed with the fun fest missions & Platinum's online plaza. There are shops that let you buy certain items (or item bundles) and mess with your pokemon stats/etc, minigames to earn festival coins (to buy stuff or to dye your clothes) and you can partake in missions to also earn festival coins. You can also interact with other trainers if you're connected online and do battles, trades, etc.

pokelego uses pokemon in your PC to do stuff on different islands. You can plant & harvest berries, send them on expeditions to find rare items, train them on facilities and a few other things.

All right, I guess that helps...a little. I never played BW2 or Platinum and I do very little, if anything, online in Pokemon games.

scififan21

I'm glad to see these new features and finally see how Festival Coins are used. My boxed Pokemon don't have to be bored anymore either. Lol.

.Aerodactyl.

All right, I guess that helps...a little. I never played BW2 or Platinum and I do very little, if anything, online in Pokemon games.

I think you don't HAVE to use these features either...so if you still want the game but don't like all the new aspects you can certainly just ignore them. Their might be one obligatory explanation/tutorial you have to go through, but after you could play the whole game skipping it. Same with mega evolution, z-crystals &, moves, Pokémon refresh, hyper training, etc. About the only necessary ones are probably gonna be Ultra Beasts (whatever they do), the Rotomdex and pokeride.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste

From they way I understand it the Festival Plaza is a online thing that is like Join Avenue from 5th Generation with possibly the functions of the PSS and Secret Bases mixed in as well. The Poke Pelgao is kind of like the Sinnoh Underground I think where you can get items and such.

scififan21

I'm going to avoid anything demo related, I managed to avoid spoilers for the OR/AS demo until I looked something up on purpose. I'm not too worried about it myself honestly.

.Aerodactyl.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone else worried about people datamining the demo after it's release & spoiling everything just like they did for the OR/AS demo?

YES. Thanks for bringing this up. I am both STOKED to play the demo and can't wait, but worry about data mining. I mean, they have to have learned their lesson though right? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!

At least in the brief description about the demo, it does seem to have a story completely unrelated to the Sun & Moon plot. Maybe theyade a whole mini island not even in the main game for the demo.

B. Thunder Tiger

Really love the Poké Pelago. Really nice addition. This means all the Pokémon in my boxes don't feel lonely anymore, and may even grow stronger and find items for you. I don't know about everyone else, but Sun and Moon are really changing the game around. No longer are they just your generic paired version of games with slight differences here and there. They're introducing a lot of new stuff to the whole deal, even giving us things like being able to alter/strengthen one's IVs, something no one would have expected prior to its reveal.

AmethystLeslie

Wait this might be a stupid question but how can you gain a lot of BP in Pokemon Bank? Because if we can store a lot then I am saving them up for Pokemon Sun and Moon!

By not using it for a little while, of if you DO use it, you can choose not to redeem for now, and let it pile up even more. Pokebank also allows you to get PokeMiles in the same way, just choose PokeMiles instead of Battle Points. You get more this way, as 10 PokeMiles is 1 BP.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
With all of the new features and additions they're doing for the GTS, I'm still hoping that Game Freak's going to find a way to fix the "trade a level 1 Caterpie for level 100 Arceus" problem |:\

Status
Not open for further replies.