I'm 99% certain what is in the corner is just a sketch of what the individual doors should look like. Look at the sketch and the doors on the Pokemon Center and they have the same design.
Fire-Type Chart Update
Weak to: Ground (2x), Rock (2x), Water (2x)
Immune to: None
Resistant to: Bug (1/2x), Fire (1/2x), Grass (1/2x), Ice (1/2x), Steel (1/2x)
(Fairy resistance removed)
Grass-Type Chart Update
Weak to: Bug (2x), Fire (2x), Flying (2x), Ice (2x), Poison (2x)
Immune to: None
Resistant to: Electric (1/2x), Fairy (1/2x), Grass (1/2x), Ground (1/2x), Water (1/2x)
Ice-Type Chart Update
Weak to: Fighting (2x), Fire (2x), Rock (2x), Steel (2x)
Immune to: None
Resistant to: Dragon (1/2x), Ground (1/2x), Ice (1/2x)
Psychic-Type Chart Update
Weak to: Bug (2x), Dark (2x), Ghost (2x)
Immune to: None
Resistant to: Fairy (1/2x), Fighting (1/2x), Psychic (1/2x)
Steel-Type Chart Update
Weak to: Fight (2x), Fire (2x), Ground (2x)
Immune to: Poison (0x)
Resistant to: Bug (1/2x), Dragon (1/2x), Fairy (1/2x), Flying (1/2x), Ghost (1/2x), Grass (1/2x), Ice (1/2x), Normal (1/2x), Rock (1/2x), Steel (1/2x)
(Psychic resistance removed)
-Bug-types are now immune to being taunted.
-Fairy-types are now immune to being infatuated.
-Psychic-types are now immune to being confused.
-Ice-types now gain a 50% increase in Defense when it's hailing.
-Now decreases the power of Fire-type moves by 50% when it's hailing.
-Grass-types now gain a 25% increase in both Defense and Special Defense in sunshine.
I have said many times, and will continue to hold, that the fairy type was and is a mistake. It was poorly implemented, quickly went to Creator's Pet status, had poor resistance/weakness balancing and just generally caused more problems than it fixed (not to mention the fact that I'm still pretty salty that it caused so many retypes and that even on top of that, nearly 1/5th of the Kalos pokemon were fairy). I am fully aware that this is an unpopular opinion.
So I'm pretty steadfast in my hope that GF doesn't do any screwing around with the type chart in the interest of "balancing" it out for a long, long time. There are more effective ways of bringing balance to the system we've got than slapping a new type on the chart and hoping everything sorts itself out.
I'd really rather have no new types altogether. I mean, they've just introduced Fairy, and some types (Ice, for example) seriously need minor tweaks and buffs to their resistances and effectiveness.
Considering the theme is Sun and Moon, I'm actually curious if the Day/Night feature is very significant in gameplay.
It is entirely possible that Pokemon (and some Trainer battles) are once again time-exclusive, similar to GSC/HGSS, and DPPt.
This is going to be interesting...
1. VEHICLES. TONS OF VEHICLES. Speculating that your character will be able to drive vehicle(s) in a MUCH bigger region in select areas. Boats/Cars for certain missions.
2. Speaking of missions...Side Missions! Pokemon has always had a singular story, but it wasn't until X/Y (or in a way B2/W2) until we got some shape of side-missions. We're probably going to have side-missions/side-story quests/jobs that can give access to new areas/Pokemon, furthering the RPG side of things.
3. Full control of Fly. OR/AS breathed a fresh breath of air into in-game transportation. This is in the same vein as the vehicles, but instead the game should give an option to control Fly or instantaneous fast-travel.
4. Camera control. Why is there a back to the Pokemon Center in one of the artworks? yeah it's a 3D render but isn't it easier to not map a texture to the rear of a model (unless its symmetric mapping). This would also make use of the second analog stick on the New 3DS's
5. Return of Day/Night cycles (obviously) BUT IN A BIG WAY. The big one would be certain areas ONLY open during day/night or certain missions only available during day/night. Like GSC, certain characters and Pokemon only available during day/night, certain evolutions only available during day/night.
6. New weather/fields and new weather/field effects. Sunny Day will most likely get another couple effects: Ice attacks reduced by 50%, Ice and Water types get a minor Defense penalty. New weather/field: Full Moon: Dark, Ghost, and Ice-types get Attack buffs, non-Dark/Ghost/Ice get Defense penalty. I expect some Werewolf Pokemon getting a form-change or something if this does occur (ITS GONNA HAPPEN I KNOW IT)
7. New HM(s): HM's have always changed every generation, with 4th gen having the weirdest ones (Rock Climb...wut?). A throwing attack would be interesting...like throwing some arbitrary object, it would make for some interesting over-world puzzles and would also make a nice projectile attack as well. Or an Ice HM: freezing a path/bridge over an area. Or an Electric HM to charge up circuits to open doors or something.
8. Customizable home/room. Kinda like secret bases. Your home base can have a PC to manage Pokemon/Items, a closet to change character clothes, a bed to heal, etc.
9. Phone. Like the phone in GSC, your character can have a Smart Phone with apps to: access the Pokedex, access content from Pokemon Go, Trade, Battle, EV train, access side-mission list, PLAY MINI-GAMES.
10. New over-world abilities. Self explanatory.
11. New type combinations.
I'm sure there's at least one thing in this list that most likely will make it to the game...BUT EITHER WAY, I'M EXCITED!!!!!!
If PSS continues to exist, I don't think it will be compatible with previous games like ORAS is with XY.I wonder if the PSS, Super training, and Pokemon Amie will return. Also the biggest elephant of all.. Character Customization. Will they continue that whole oh customization is only for Kalos thing or will they put it in there since so many of us wanted it to become a permanent thing.
Come on - if you're going to introduce new types with this pair, there's such an obvious option of two new types... Lunar and Solar types.For starters, there has been NO mention of a new type happening whatsoever. This is just for fun!
This. I can get behind this idea. There's no reason for this to not happen. We already have pokemon that change based on moves/weather.I expect some Werewolf Pokemon getting a form-change or something if this does occur (ITS GONNA HAPPEN I KNOW IT)