• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Features/Mechanics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Litten was shown to be the fastest starter out of the 3 and his final evo doesn't look very fast.
Well, Rowlet seems to be the second fastest, which probably means he doesn't have much bulk.

Litten was shown to be the fastest starter out of the 3 and his final evo doesn't look very fast.

Pretty sure a buff dude (or girl but female wrestlers are less common and Litten's presumably mostly male and so on) is faster than someone who's job is literally to stay in one place for a target.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
I really hope that Inverse battles are a staple with regular trainers and online battles. I want to be challenged by Pokemon games again and I feel as though the 3DS era of mainline Pokemon games are severely lacking that challenge.

Creyk

I really hope that Inverse battles are a staple with regular trainers and online battles. I want to be challenged by Pokemon games again and I feel as though the 3DS era of mainline Pokemon games are severely lacking that challenge.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made that option available for wifi battles. The question is, would you find battle partners in the format often? Most people do regular double and single battles so it's actually not that easy to find partners for multi/rotation battles most of the time.

sheld999

that video of throwing the poke in sea at the 2min mark you can see something moving in the sand ( sandcastle pokemon ) that ready to jump out if you touch it

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
that video of throwing the poke in sea at the 2min mark you can see something moving in the sand ( sandcastle pokemon ) that ready to jump out if you touch it

There is no two-minute mark, but I also see it.

Does anyone think there will be multiple jobs across Alola? It would make a fine way to make some extra dough, especially since we don't have gyms.

sheld999

There is no two-minute mark, but I also see it.

Does anyone think there will be multiple jobs across Alola? It would make a fine way to make some extra dough, especially since we don't have gyms.

oops i meant 1min mark haha my bad

Espeon POWER!

Coral Eye Trainer
You can see a few shadow circles along the beach, presumably a pokemon battle if you step in them and they all seem to have a digging like animation as sheld pointed out.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I wouldn't be surprised if they made that option available for wifi battles. The question is, would you find battle partners in the format often? Most people do regular double and single battles so it's actually not that easy to find partners for multi/rotation battles most of the time.

didn't they introduce the feature where can make our own battle formats and tournament formats??

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I love that they actually made Pyukumuku tossing an actual little mini game. Kind of reminds me of the jobs you can take at Hotel Rishissime in XY... As said before, I hope there are other little jobs like this! :D

Also, I guess you can see NPCs use Pokéride as well, which is cool. However, I just remembered something (which I feel like I've brought up before, but smeh), will Bikes still be in the game?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I love that they actually made Pyukumuku tossing an actual little mini game. Kind of reminds me of the jobs you can take at Hotel Rishissime in XY... As said before, I hope there are other little jobs like this! :D

Also, I guess you can see NPCs use Pokéride as well, which is cool. However, I just remembered something (which I feel like I've brought up before, but smeh), will Bikes still be in the game?

No body knows. Perhaps they will, for you to use in urban areas where PokeRide isn't allowed, but so far we haven't seen one in-game.

SunRiver

Guardian of Earth
Excuse me if anyone brought this up before, but looking back at the Pokemon Ride feature I'm glad we're presumably moving away from the HMs this generation. It's great because it'll free up that mandatory slot on your team that forces you to travel back to the Pokemon Center's PC for that one specific Fly/Cut/Strength slave which constantly ruins the flow of my experience.

Regarding the latest news, I presume there will be more side quests and mini games in areas like that golf course and hotel side of Island two.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion

It all depends on how popular it becomes. If sites like Serebii and Smogon are able to popularise Inverse battles then there'll be a lot of people willing to give it a go.

gliscor&yanmega

So you get like $200 for throwing some Pyukumuku back into the water? I would imagine it's a daily thing so you can get probably around 20,000 Pokedollars a day in a minute or so just by walking and clicking. Assuming the money isn't based on how many you throw in, which probably wont really make much different.

knightwolf09

So you get like $200 for throwing some Pyukumuku back into the water? I would imagine it's a daily thing so you can get probably around 20,000 Pokedollars a day in a minute or so just by walking and clicking. Assuming the money isn't based on how many you throw in, which probably wont really make much different.

Unless it's a once per week kind of thing, otherwise it'd be super easy to farm money. So I guess it's better to make sure people don't stay in one spot forever.

gliscor&yanmega

Unless it's a once per week kind of thing, otherwise it'd be super easy to farm money. So I guess it's better to make sure people don't stay in one spot forever.

True, it could be once a week. Regardless, I imagine money wont be a difficult thing to get since it's been like that since Gen 5 really. Albeit, I rarely spend the money on anything other than Repels. By the time I'm ready to stock up on Pokeballs it's already post game and it's really no concern then.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
It all depends on how popular it becomes. If sites like Serebii and Smogon are able to popularise Inverse battles then there'll be a lot of people willing to give it a go.

I'd be willing to try it once I get a better hang of regular battle strategy. Might be fun to mix things up, and might give a chance to let types shine that normally don't do so well because of one thing or another. Like avalugg could really start walling, maybe.

goodpeople25

It regards to the pyukumuku sidequest it could be based on how often you do it, really it's not that different from hotel richissime. (At least in amount of money given)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.