• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Features/Mechanics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
How would that be important in any way?
Maybe Lunalaa will only come out in the full moon but then the plot makes sure it happens irregardless of time in real life anyway

It shows the graphical update, which is important, but not to this thread.

Gizmoa

Still, why introduce lunar phases just to not use them and thus making them irrelevant during our adventure?
Maybe I'm overthinking things, but I think that they could still do something interesting with such a feature. :D

If anything, I would use the phases to change how many pyukumuku wash up on the beach that night.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
I don't think they'd do anything crazily major by the phase of the moon, but I could see them maybe putting in a few minor things for it that wouldn't significantly affect gameplay, maybe including some easter eggs. idk

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
So, I've been thinking, when they say the two versions will be separated by 12 hours, will it be a direct 12 hour shift, or more of a reversal of the Day/Night cycle?

For example, day currently runs from 4 AM to 8 PM. So, in Moon, will it run from 4 PM to 8 AM, via a direct 12 hour shift, or from 8 PM to 4 AM, effectively taking the same slot as night?

Leosnake

So, I've been thinking, when they say the two versions will be separated by 12 hours, will it be a direct 12 hour shift, or more of a reversal of the Day/Night cycle?

For example, day currently runs from 4 AM to 8 PM. So, in Moon, will it run from 4 PM to 8 AM, via a direct 12 hour shift, or from 8 PM to 4 AM, effectively taking the same slot as night?

From what I can make out if it is say 12pm (so midday) it will also be 12pm in Sun but 12am in Moon.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

The hours itself are shifted.
So yeah, 12 AM in Sun is 12 PM in Moon.

Those playing Sun doesn't really have to bother with time. Only those playing Moon are affected by the time shift.
While it could be confusing to some, you just need to think the opposite when playing Moon.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
The hours itself are shifted.
So yeah, 12 AM in Sun is 12 PM in Moon.

Those playing Sun doesn't really have to bother with time. Only those playing Moon are affected by the time shift.
While it could be confusing to some, you just need to think the opposite when playing Moon.

I get that. I wasn't asking if 12 AM would become 12 PM, I was curious if anyone thought that day and night would take each others' time slots in Moon, since the two are uneven (day is 16 hours in Pokemon, night is only 8). If not, then waiting until day will just mean waiting until 4 in the afternoon in moon (assuming you aren't messing with your system settings), as opposed to Sun players having to wait until 8 for night to fall.

I know the site says they are 12 hours apart, but TPCI/GF hasn't elaborated on it much beyond that, just that it will affect gameplay and that there are many differences between versions. So I realize what was already stated, I was just curious if maybe they might go beyond that simple 12 hour shift and make night longer for Moon. It's just a suggestion, but I was curious if others thought it might be a possibility.

gliscor&yanmega

The 12 hour difference is pretty cool, and helps make the games feel more different. Although, I find it amusing that people who are busy during the day will possibly be playing Sun while it's dark and Moon while it's light, of course for those who aren't busy they'll experience what Gamefreak wants them too, there's also the weekend for most people.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
I get that. I wasn't asking if 12 AM would become 12 PM, I was curious if anyone thought that day and night would take each others' time slots in Moon, since the two are uneven (day is 16 hours in Pokemon, night is only 8). If not, then waiting until day will just mean waiting until 4 in the afternoon in moon (assuming you aren't messing with your system settings), as opposed to Sun players having to wait until 8 for night to fall.

I know the site says they are 12 hours apart, but TPCI/GF hasn't elaborated on it much beyond that, just that it will affect gameplay and that there are many differences between versions. So I realize what was already stated, I was just curious if maybe they might go beyond that simple 12 hour shift and make night longer for Moon. It's just a suggestion, but I was curious if others thought it might be a possibility.

This is something I tried to ask about earlier. I was told they are twelve hours apart, and I understand that; since day and night aren't equal lengths in the game, I was curious how this would be handled. I am usually able to play the games in the evening, which is usually evening/day in-game until it swaps to night, giving me a few hours with both. However, if night is now 12 hours and day is 12 hours, I think that would affect how long I get to play in both.

It's also possible I am entirely overthinking this.

So Pokémon Refresh can be used to remove status effects. Not really sure how I feel about that. It's also confirmed to grant in-battle boosts like Amie did. I kind of hoped it would be purely cosmetic this time since I felt the boosts in gen VI made the battles too "unfair".

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
So Pokémon Refresh can be used to remove status effects. Not really sure how I feel about that. It's also confirmed to grant in-battle boosts like Amie did. I kind of hoped it would be purely cosmetic this time since I felt the boosts in gen VI made the battles too "unfair".

are the boosts that noticeable? tbh I never used amie much beyond petting a few times

Class Zero

We have arrived.
are the boosts that noticeable? tbh I never used amie much beyond petting a few times

Increased hit ratio, can avoid 100% accurate attacks, lose status condition at end of turn, can endure an attack that would otherwise kill and bonus exp can really make fights in which one of the effects activates unfair, yeah :D

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Pokemon Refresh, because the word Amie is so French.

Remove status effects? Guess I'll be using this a lot.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Increased hit ratio, can avoid 100% accurate attacks, lose status condition at end of turn, can endure an attack that would otherwise kill and bonus exp can really make fights in which one of the effects activates unfair, yeah :D

wow I never knew about all those... definitely going to start using them!

MartiniTheDratini

So, since Pokemon Refresh can remove status, does that mean I won't have to buy Antidotes, Full Heals, etc.? Will those items even be in the game now? lol

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
So, since Pokemon Refresh can remove status, does that mean I won't have to buy Antidotes, Full Heals, etc.? Will those items even be in the game now? lol

They most likely will still be available for those trainers who like to heal status in battle, though other than that they are pretty worthless unless you need to buy the supplies for Pokemon refresh.

Aetius

I'm glad that Pokèmon Refresh isn't just a copy&paste of Amie!
Removing negative status on your Pokèmon without making use of healing items is a great step forward IMHO!
Not only that, but it looks like that after maxing out our Pokèmon's affection, it will be able to withstand a move that otherwise would have knocked it out.
Definitely welcoming these little additions with open arms! :D

LoveMcQueen5683

I'm glad Amie is back and thrilled it is improved on :)

Wonder if super training is coming back too? Idc if it does or not but it would be nice to have an easy access to some evolution stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.