• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Features/Mechanics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
I hope there will be an upgraded version of Pokemon amie like add extra interactions and stuff.

You know what they could include in the mini games of Amie? Ally all of the Minigames from Pokemon.Com for those who are members of Pokemon.Com

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
To give my two cents, besides improving Amie and it's facial recognition, I think they should add something very similar to the Dream World for it, minus obtaining the Dream Pokemon (Obviously). Perhaps adding somewhere where you can design the room you pet your Pokemon in, and with different items placed within the room, the Pokemon can interact with them.

It would make all those accessories you get for the Amie screen on the bottom from XY have a purpose (I think I designed it once and that was it).

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Though I doubt this won't return before the Gen 4 remakes, I really hope we'll be able to create own gyms again in Sun and Moon.

I very much enjoyed it in ORAS, and it would be dope if the feature returned. I'm sure it can be done without secret bases. (or they can just bring secret bases back, whatever works)

knightwolf09

Anyone wanna hear something crazy? But fair warning it has to do with synchro.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi

knightwolf09

I live off crazy, let's do it. I love a good conspiracy.

Funny enough, synchro, or at least something similar, has been seen before, and that's in Pokken. Funny enough, it's been stated that when a pokemon goes through synergy burst, the pokemon and trainer become connected, similar to Ash-Greninja http://imgur.com/YxWbBw0. There is also one thing people haven't thought about with this form, the giant Water Shuriken. When a pokemon is in Synergy Burst they also gain a Burst Attack, a powerful move that is unique to the pokemon using it and they're more powerful versions of moves they can learn, such as Weavile's Sonic Slash being a more powerful Night Slash, or Machamp's Dynamic Fury which of course is more powerful Dynamic Punch. The giant Water Shuriken on Greninja's back has been pointed out to be an important feature in this form. It also seems to function differently from regular Water Shuriken, considering it only fires off once instead 2-5 times, and it deals a lot more damage than normal. So basically the Giant Water Shuriken is Ash-Greninja's Burst Attack. As for how this works in the games, people think it won't happen because then they'd have a lot of work to do with modeling in order have a pokemon look like it's trainer, but take note when a pokemon is in Synergy Burst and can not mega evolve, they only gain slight cosmetic changes, similar to how people say that Greninja doesn't look that much different. So what if the look to Ash-Greninja is anime exclusive? It's still a Synergy Burst and would be in the games, but the fact it resembles it's trainer is only for the anime to make Ash's Greninja special. As for how this would work in battle in the games, there's been hints that pokemon can possibly gain a 5th move. So what if that's how it works? Like in Pokken the pokemon will not only power up, meaning stat boosts, but the pokemon will also gain a 5th special move that is unique to the pokemon, a Burst Attack? So when think of it this way, it all works out nicely and makes sense to why Kukui is studying moves. Let's also not forget that the stones in the bracelets, greatly resemble synergy stones. But that still leaves to question, why would this mechanic be shown in Pokken, a spin off, first instead of Sun & Moon. Well there's also the possibility that Pokemon Team told Bandai about the concept, and they decided to implement it into game and tweek the concept to make the game more interesting and have it fit. So in the real games it would probably be different in some aspects.

Funny enough, synchro, or at least something similar, has been seen before, and that's in Pokken. Funny enough, it's been stated that when a pokemon goes through synergy burst, the pokemon and trainer become connected, similar to Ash-Greninja http://imgur.com/YxWbBw0. There is also one thing people haven't thought about with this form, the giant Water Shuriken. When a pokemon is in Synergy Burst they also gain a Burst Attack, a powerful move that is unique to the pokemon using it and they're more powerful versions of moves they can learn, such as Weavile's Sonic Slash being a more powerful Night Slash, or Machamp's Dynamic Fury which of course is more powerful Dynamic Punch. The giant Water Shuriken on Greninja's back has been pointed out to be an important feature in this form. It also seems to function differently from regular Water Shuriken, considering it only fires off once instead 2-5 times, and it deals a lot more damage than normal. So basically the Giant Water Shuriken is Ash-Greninja's Burst Attack. As for how this works in the games, people think it won't happen because then they'd have a lot of work to do with modeling in order have a pokemon look like it's trainer, but take note when a pokemon is in Synergy Burst and can not mega evolve, they only gain slight cosmetic changes, similar to how people say that Greninja doesn't look that much different. So what if the look to Ash-Greninja is anime exclusive? It's still a Synergy Burst and would be in the games, but the fact it resembles it's trainer is only for the anime to make Ash's Greninja special. As for how this would work in battle in the games, there's been hints that pokemon can possibly gain a 5th move. So what if that's how it works? Like in Pokken the pokemon will not only power up, meaning stat boosts, but the pokemon will also gain a 5th special move that is unique to the pokemon, a Burst Attack? So when think of it this way, it all works out nicely and makes sense to why Kukui is studying moves. Let's also not forget that the stones in the bracelets, greatly resemble synergy stones. But that still leaves to question, why would this mechanic be shown in Pokken, a spin off, first instead of Sun & Moon. Well there's also the possibility that Pokemon Team told Bandai about the concept, and they decided to implement it into game and tweek the concept to make the game more interesting and have it fit. So in the real games it would probably be different in some aspects.

Tbh I don't think, even if this was true, all Pokémon would have it.

Also, the giant water shuriken only fis once in the anime because Water Shuriken typically only hits once in the anime.

knightwolf09

Tbh I don't think, even if this was true, all Pokémon would have it.

Also, the giant water shuriken only fis once in the anime because Water Shuriken typically only hits once in the anime.

Acutally no. In his regular form Greninja fires off two and sometimes just put two on top of each other so both can land at once.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Here's my problem with that theory (beyond the fact that you you're looking at Pokken for evidence). If the point of Ash-Greninja was to be a preview of Synchro Evolution, why would they make it so different? As of now in the anime the fact that Greninja changes to look like Ash is pretty much the most major aspect of the transformation, it's even in the name Ash-Greninja.

Acutally no. In his regular form Greninja fires off two and sometimes just put two on top of each other so both can land at once.

That's still only attacking at oncethough, he clumps two water masses together and fires, or shoots them both at the same time, whereas in the games Water Shuriken is one, hit, one, hit, possibly repeated three more times.

knightwolf09

That's still only attacking at oncethough, he clumps two water masses together and fires, or shoots them both at the same time, whereas in the games Water Shuriken is one, hit, one, hit, possibly repeated three more times.

If your punched by two fists at the same time, is counts as being hit twice.

"The user hits the target with throwing stars two to five times in a row." -XYORAS

It is classified as a multi-hit move. So matter how you look at it, it hit's more than once.

Here's my problem with that theory (beyond the fact that you you're looking at Pokken for evidence). If the point of Ash-Greninja was to be a preview of Synchro Evolution, why would they make it so different? As of now in the anime the fact that Greninja changes to look like Ash is pretty much the most major aspect of the transformation, it's even in the name Ash-Greninja.

I already that pokemon that go through what Greninja goes through, will gain a 5th special move unique to the pokemon, rather than evolve once more like mega evolution. That right there is already a huge difference. As for the fact it looks like Ash, I think that aspect is anime exclusive. A regular Synergy Greninja will probably look the same minus the parts that resemble Ash.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I agree with pretty much all of this, but one thing: Synchros should still take the appearance of the Trainer. It wouldn't take as much time as people are saying it would, and seems to be one of its biggest aspects in the anime.

knightwolf09

LoveMcQueen5683

I agree with pretty much all of this, but one thing: Synchros should still take the appearance of the Trainer. It wouldn't take as much time as people are saying it would, and seems to be one of its biggest aspects in the anime.

Yes it would. Trainer customization is coming back and it will probably be more advanced and better. So if synchro evolution makes the pokemon look like its trainer then we are talking about a ton of different formes for one pokemon. And if synchro did come, then most likely it will be for about 20 pokemon. And then they have to make sure all the animations work for each form.

And what no one is considering is that over time through each gen, more synchros will appear and the workload increases.

The whole concept sounds stupid.

clbgolden12

But the Pokemon taking the appearance of the trainer is one of the biggest things with Ash-Greninja, it'd be silly to not have it in the games. Yes, that doesn't happen in Pokken, but that may be because plot-hole or some other explanation.

Yes it would. Trainer customization is coming back and it will probably be more advanced and better. So if synchro evolution makes the pokemon look like its trainer then we are talking about a ton of different formes for one pokemon. And if synchro did come, then most likely it will be for about 20 pokemon. And then they have to make sure all the animations work for each form.

And what no one is considering is that over time through each gen, more synchros will appear and the workload increases.

I'm no technology genius, but I'm still pretty sure they wouldn't have to program every last combination for Synchros. They don't have to make all of the possible combinations for character customization (at least I don't think).

Last edited:

knightwolf09

And that's why I mentioned the more simplistic version that Pokken does. To be honest even if they could do the trainer resemblance, seeing some of the outfits that we're seen and thinking of some designs of pokemon, it wouldn't translate as well as Ash-Greninja for most others.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

And that's why I mentioned the more simplistic version that Pokken does. To be honest even if they could do the trainer resemblance, seeing some of the outfits that we're seen and thinking of some designs of pokemon, it wouldn't translate as well as Ash-Greninja for most others.
"For most others"? The only Pokemon that's basically confirmed to get a Synchro (if they do appear) is Greninja.

knightwolf09

"For most others"? The only Pokemon that's basically confirmed to get a Synchro (if they do appear) is Greninja.

Oh I just mostly meant pokemon like Chesnaught or Escavalier or something. But more than likely if any pokemon is going to have the trainer resemblance aspect, it's probably Greninja.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
I'm no technology genius, but I'm still pretty sure they wouldn't have to program every last combination for Synchros. They don't have to make all of the possible combinations for character customization (at least I don't think).

This depends on what you mean by 'every possible combination'.

For trainer customization, it's simpler. Trainers have the same base, so it's easier to make, say, a shirt, and then recolour that shirt to be reused with anything. More unique items like fancy tops for the women or dress shirts for the guys can also be recoloured this way.

For pokemon, they don't share the same base. Making an additional feature for, say, Typhlosion, is going to be different altogether than a feature for Feraligatr or Meganium. This said, if they do decide to take the time to modify pokemon forms, the features can be recoloured easily.

They don't need to worry about programing every combination because each clothing item/alteration is likely it's own file, rather than every combination being it's own file.

Status
Not open for further replies.