• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Features/Mechanics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Is Super Training still in, though? I mean, IV maxing is awesome and all, but I still want to manage my EVs, so my team doesn't have 510 EVs spread all over their stats...

It's safe to assume its still in, it'd make no sense to remove it.

Andyomon00

Seer of Doom
Is Super Training still in, though? I mean, IV maxing is awesome and all, but I still want to manage my EVs, so my team doesn't have 510 EVs spread all over their stats...

I believe so, most likely it's under the umbrella of Hyper Training.

Rakurai

This new training technique was waaaaay overdue.

Now cheaters will have less of an advantage over legit players, and the only thing you'll really need to worry about is a Pokemon's egg moves, nature, and ability.

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)

Looking at the images provided on the hyper training page, while Pikachu's stat's have increased the graph in the center remains unchanged which I believe indicates its EV spread, even so I would be surprised if the two weren't merged as the system is a definite improvement over gen 6's as you can actually see the affect it has on the stats. Even so if they are separate entities I can't see them removing something that made a large part of the game accessible to everyone (myself included, it's honestly what brought me back in after gen 5).

Still I welcome this addition as it means a ton of legendries and shinies, I've held onto for years can suddenly become competitive. I'm also looking forward to seeing how tournament mode brings the community together as Serebii has already stated that he plans on running a few through the site on his twitter.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
That Hyper Training sounds like another Godsend to the Pokemon Universe. Gen 5 gave us the infinite TM use and the Exp Share that made leveling up my Pokes more faster, and 6th gen gave us Super Training. With Hyper training, I may finally get a Pokemon with a Max Stat Beneficial Nature after 18 yearsof playing pokemon?

RenanSegretti

Renan Segretti
Hey folks, I have a little question.

I'm a pokemon breeder, at least since gen 6 with destiny knot, everstone, IV checker and stuff, but I never used Super Training, only in the early days of Pokemon X but I didn't mind back then.
When I learned how to make perfect pokemons, I always used those itens to increase EV, Pokerus and Horde Battles, not Super Training.

Seeing now a possibility of make any pokemon I caught in the wild perfect, how it works when I play through the game? I mean, If I want My rowllet to be perfect, i can't kill caterpies or pichus becuase they don't give the EP I need. Can Super Training help me with that? Or I'll have to fight only specific battles until my rowllet have 255 EV?

How will you people do?

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
Hey folks, I have a little question.

I'm a pokemon breeder, at least since gen 6 with destiny knot, everstone, IV checker and stuff, but I never used Super Training, only in the early days of Pokemon X but I didn't mind back then.
When I learned how to make perfect pokemons, I always used those itens to increase EV, Pokerus and Horde Battles, not Super Training.

Seeing now a possibility of make any pokemon I caught in the wild perfect, how it works when I play through the game? I mean, If I want My rowllet to be perfect, i can't kill caterpies or pichus becuase they don't give the EP I need. Can Super Training help me with that? Or I'll have to fight only specific battles until my rowllet have 255 EV?

How will you people do?

Super Training helps with EVs, which most directly affect stats such as Attack and Defense and so on that can be raised by battling, vitamins, etc.

Hyper Training seems like it will boost IVs, which were previously unchangeable once the Pokemon was hatched or caught.

Other than that, it seems details are a little murky. We know that Hyper Training uses Bottle Caps, but I don't think anyone is entirely sure how Pokemon will be trained with the method.

Sulfurian

Super Training helps with EVs, which most directly affect stats such as Attack and Defense and so on that can be raised by battling, vitamins, etc.

Hyper Training seems like it will boost IVs, which were previously unchangeable once the Pokemon was hatched or caught.

Other than that, it seems details are a little murky. We know that Hyper Training uses Bottle Caps, but I don't think anyone is entirely sure how Pokemon will be trained with the method.

I honestly don't care as long as I can make my legit shiny legendary kanto birds, ho-oh, kyruem, star raptor,leafeon, tyranitar perfectly 6 iv. As long as they don't keep it too restrictive. (Like event only, tournament prize, ect) But even then I'd probably try to get them.

DJStarstryker

I haven't played Pokemon since the first half of Gen IV (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum). I've been thinking about getting back into the series with Sun/Moon, but honestly having Super Training and Hyper Training has officially pushed me over the fence. The changes that have happened for the better since Gen IV are really exciting, IMO.

I'm especially looking forward to this for legendaries, since you can't breed them for better IVs. I'm never patient enough to deal with RNG during resets to try to get good IVs and a good nature both.

Andyomon00

Seer of Doom
I haven't played Pokemon since the first half of Gen IV (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum). I've been thinking about getting back into the series with Sun/Moon, but honestly having Super Training and Hyper Training has officially pushed me over the fence. The changes that have happened for the better since Gen IV are really exciting, IMO.

I'm especially looking forward to this for legendaries, since you can't breed them for better IVs. I'm never patient enough to deal with RNG during resets to try to get good IVs and a good nature both.

Nice to have you back, now is a great time to be a pokemon fan.

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573

I'm curious to see if any changes are made to the ID No. of Pokémon from past games to make them match the new six-digit format or if they will remain the same with just five digits.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
64952a86b6a8d7e7092f96b387323c40.png

That ain't no blue pentagon. I'm also seein' somethin' that looks like contest info in the upper tabs. B) Heck yeah bring my contests back!

64952a86b6a8d7e7092f96b387323c40.png

That ain't no blue pentagon. I'm also seein' somethin' that looks like contest info in the upper tabs. B) Heck yeah bring my contests back!

Contest info or just Ribbons, that's the real question.

And definitely not a pentagon; is that a D-Pad?!

I haven't played Pokemon since the first half of Gen IV (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum). I've been thinking about getting back into the series with Sun/Moon

Awesome! Welcome back to the franchise, and welcome to the forums!

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
Contest info or just Ribbons, that's the real question.

And definitely not a pentagon; is that a D-Pad?!

Honestly it looks like the old shiny marker from Gen II lol

And it loooks like ribbons, but also the notepad lookin' thing is something that's been used for moves before, I think? I also don't know why you'd be able to check ribbons while you're boosting IVs but hey, who knows?

Sorry I'm really late with this, but welcome back aboard! :>

And it loooks like ribbons, but also the notepad lookin' thing is something that's been used for moves before, I think? I also don't know why you'd be able to check ribbons while you're boosting IVs but hey, who knows?

Got to trade in those old Champion ribbons for some bottle caps, Pokémon predicting a stock market crash confirmed

IIRC, the Ribbon indicates contest moves (how well they so, their category, etc). So are we looking at the return of a contest test-like side game? :eek:

Janovy

Banned
IIRC, the Ribbon indicates contest moves (how well they so, their category, etc). So are we looking at the return of a contest test-like side game? :eek:
There are numerous non-contest ribbons as well, so it doesn't necessarily indicate the presence of Contests.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Sorry if this has been asked 60 times, but is hyper training replacing super training? As in you can't see and work on it everywhere? Just in the new hyper training place? Becasue if so, I'm not exactly excite for it.

Sorry if this has been asked 60 times, but is hyper training replacing super training? As in you can't see and work on it everywhere? Just in the new hyper training place? Becasue if so, I'm not exactly excite for it.

Hyper Training is for IVs, and can only be used for a Level 100 Pokémon by spending bottle caps. Super Training will most likely return or be replaced by a near identical counterpart, like PokéRefresh(?) is replacing Pokémon Amie.

Status
Not open for further replies.