• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Features/Mechanics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LatusOcto

I don't know if anybody else said this before but the orange fire like aura radiating from the Totem Pokemon is the same aura raditating from the Pokemon about to use a Z-Move. So maybe Pokemon holding a Z-Stone (like Totem Pokemon) get a boost in a certain stat as well as the ability to use a Z-Move? This would also explain why Totem Pokemon are so large because of the energy emitted by the Z-stones. However this doesn't explain how Totem Pokemon are able to use Z-Moves as they look like wild Pokemon. Thoughts?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I don't know if anybody else said this before but the orange fire like aura radiating from the Totem Pokemon is the same aura raditating from the Pokemon about to use a Z-Move. So maybe Pokemon holding a Z-Stone (like Totem Pokemon) get a boost in a certain stat as well as the ability to use a Z-Move? This would also explain why Totem Pokemon are so large because of the energy emitted by the Z-stones. However this doesn't explain how Totem Pokemon are able to use Z-Moves as they look like wild Pokemon. Thoughts?
Though the aura of a Totem Pokémon does look like the power radiated during a Z-Move, I doubt Pokémon holding Z-Crystals will get stat boosts. I think Totem Pokémon using Z-Moves is possible, however.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Though the aura of a Totem Pokémon does look like the power radiated during a Z-Move, I doubt Pokémon holding Z-Crystals will get stat boosts. I think Totem Pokémon using Z-Moves is possible, however.

I'd hope that a buff is granted alongside a Z-Move. Otherwise, I'm not necessarily seeing any reason to use them over other items. I mean, a one time nuke may seem nice, but a constant 30% boost from a Life Orb, the added bulk os an Assault Vest, the transformation into a Mega, etc. all seem like more worthwhile options.

I'm talking about 6v6 singles, btw. I know that they will be appreciated in VGC, battle spot, and other shorter formats.

Last edited:

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Yeah, unless Z-Moves ignore Protect/Sub/Focus Sash I can't see them being very useful at all in 6v6.

Or as you guys said, maybe if it gives a stat boost.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The new photo taking feature is the Pokémon Snap remake ahahahaha.

Have fun.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I love everything that the new trailer showed us. Poké Snap is truly amazing, however I noticed that FPS issues seem to be the case.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
Totally looking forward to pokemon snap feature thingy!

Although sad that the dragonite pic heavily suggests, more than anything else we've had so far, no alola dragonite

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Wait... so is it always evening/nighttime in Pokemon Moon?

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
Wait... so is it always evening/nighttime in Pokemon Moon?

No. It seems as though each game is set 12 hours apart. Whatever would happen at night in Moon would happen in the morning or midday in Sun. Whatever happens at night in Sun happens in the daytime in Moon etc.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
No. It seems as though each game is set 12 hours apart. Whatever would happen at night in Moon would happen in the morning or midday in Sun. Whatever happens at night in Sun happens in the daytime in Moon etc.
So that means it's better to play Pokémon Moon at night than it is during the day?

So Ohmori's interview confirms that the pokémon encounters will vary by time of day. Many expected this due to the titles but I'm still really glad that it is back since it makes the world feel more alive(why it was removed in the first place I have no idea).

Class Zero

We have arrived.

So do you reckon that, say, for the Totem battle you'll have to wait until the right corresponding time to face them in each version?

Pokemon has always allowed you to do story-related things whenever, so I'm not sure how I feel about them potentially adding limitations..

sandtreamftw

On and Off Trainer
I'm going to assume version exclusives will also relate to what you find during day or night. Sun has exclusives that only show up in day and Moon has exclusives that show up at night. That's my guess.

Jazzroen

Dragon Trainer
I like the time difference thingy. if you play Sun it's the same as your time of day. And you can experience the night in Moon while playing during the day because it adds 12 hours to the ingame clock. interesting concept.

Pokefinder, I see myself using it a few times but not much. maybe there is more to it, to use it often, we'll see.

I kind of wonder how the time of day in the games will correspond to real life time. As in, if one version will follow our day cycle while the other is offset by twelve hours, or if one will be offset six hours forward and the other six hours backward, both scenarios obviously yielding a twelve hour difference.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I kind of wonder how the time of day in the games will correspond to real life time. As in, if one version will follow our day cycle while the other is offset by twelve hours, or if one will be offset six hours forward and the other six hours backward, both scenarios obviously yielding a twelve hour difference.
The official website says that Pokemon Sun will be on normal time, while Pokemon Moon's time will be flip-flopped by 12 hours (AM to PM and vice versa).

Edit: Official blurb

shadowF

So in real world daytime for Pokemon Moon is night while the real world nighttime is day in the game as well? How will they explain this in the games?

.Aerodactyl.

Well, besides the plethora of other info we got with ultra beasts and the aether foundation, after watching all the videos, we got some.more hints on hair styles for customization! We had a ginger girl with a different hair cut then the standard, ad well as a shorter hair cut for one of the boys. It was really brief but visible, so nice to see it's not just clothes we will be able to change :D

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So in real world daytime for Pokemon Moon is night while the real world nighttime is day in the game as well? How will they explain this in the games?
It was likely an "accommodation" for most people who are active during the day (with circadian rhythms and whatnot).

It would be weird playing these games as a break from the night shift. Or maybe I went to Indonesia for 5 days without wanting to change my 3ds clock.

I kind of think Pokemon Moon will also change days from the normal 3ds day. This would mean that the day changes in noon in Moon's time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.