• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Features/Mechanics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xuxuba

Well, the time difference is absolutely useless, but at the end of the day, you can just change the 3ds clock.
I'm happy with the new Pokemon Snap feature. They basically gave us the remake that we wanted but inside another game.

Creyk

Well, the time difference is absolutely useless, but at the end of the day, you can just change the 3ds clock.
I'm happy with the new Pokemon Snap feature. They basically gave us the remake that we wanted but inside another game.

What is the point of that? It looked very strange. Also does this mean Dragonite will be catchable in the wild in these games? How random if the answer is yes.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
What is the point of that? It looked very strange. Also does this mean Dragonite will be catchable in the wild in these games? How random if the answer is yes.

It wouldn't really be random. Wild Dragonite appeared in Gen 5, so there is precedent.

Aetius

So, Moon will be 12 hours ahead of Sun, huh?
I truly adore this new mechanic, for the simple reason that I rarely get the chance to play during the night! :D
It will be an exciting experience and I'm totally looking forward to it! :3

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

not for people who don't like playing with their ds's settings. This is perfect. Whenever I play with the time I just feel like I'm actually cheating.
whenever I tried playing with the time on my 3ds for oras, catching the legendaries, it became impossible for me since you have to leave it or something or it knows.

Super happy about pokemon snap being included. I hope we get to here Oak's voice GREAT, SUPER!

BlitzGirl41

I'm getting Moon for the simple fact that Lunala looks interesting and most of my friends are getting Sun (so therefore we can trade any exclusives that exist). However, I will absolutely need to set my 3DS's time ahead so that it's daytime in the game while I play. Nighttime ruins the beauty of the island and would make me depressed (as most games that have tons of night or dark settings do). It's really psychological for me.

Aetius

I'm getting Moon for the simple fact that Lunala looks interesting and most of my friends are getting Sun (so therefore we can trade any exclusives that exist). However, I will absolutely need to set my 3DS's time ahead so that it's daytime in the game while I play. Nighttime ruins the beauty of the island and would make me depressed (as most games that have tons of night or dark settings do). It's really psychological for me.

Have another look at the trailer.
You will see that a beuatiful starry sky is reflected on the water. :)
Nightime won't definitely ruin the beauty of the island and thus make it depressing. :D

BlitzGirl41

Have another look at the trailer.
You will see that a beuatiful starry sky is reflected on the water. :)
Nightime won't definitely ruin the beauty of the island and thus make it depressing. :D

Even in real life I prefer daylight, hence why I'm most active and happy in the summer and really bummed all winter. Yes, I like stars, but that's the only thing I like about night. Sunshine all the way, thanks.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Well I'm glad Sun is going to be my main game. Moon being 12 hours ahead is just going to be a headache, especially as my favorite Pokemon evolves in day time.

Aetius

Even in real life I prefer daylight, hence why I'm most active and happy in the summer and really bummed all winter. Yes, I like stars, but that's the only thing I like about night. Sunshine all the way, thanks.

No worries, just wanted to point that out. XD

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

Honestly, I may do the same thing.

Not for the same reasons, but because the difference in time will very much throw me off. I'll probably switch the time for my first run, and then switch it back for all my subsequent runs.

I just can't deal with the whole 12-hour difference the first time around, not when it's in real time. That's just too much.

Xuxuba

Idk, but i hope it's similar to Pokémon Snap where a NPC would avaliate your photos and give you points if they thought your photo was good. If we were able to trade those points for items, then this new feature wouldn't feel useless at all.

I wouldn't doubt that Dragonite is catchable. Ever since BW2, capturing old pokemon became so easier. I guess that's a good thing since we have over 700 pokemon now.

BlitzGirl41

Honestly, I may do the same thing.

Not for the same reasons, but because the difference in time will very much throw me off. I'll probably switch the time for my first run, and then switch it back for all my subsequent runs.

I just can't deal with the whole 12-hour difference the first time around, not when it's in real time. That's just too much.

If it was just a few hours' difference, it wouldn't bother me. But being stuck in nighttime in-game (because I only play in the day) would really take its toll on me. I know that sounds extreme, but that's just how I am. Never liked dark/creepy levels of games, and always tried to "wait" till daytime in games where it gives you that option.

Daisukereds

Honestly, it's about time they start introducing differences between the versions that are more than Pokémon.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I think sun version is going to have more exciting events happen during the day and items that can be found,
and then moon will have the opposite, exciting events and items happening at night. At least that's how I'd like it.

They wouldn't make a game to be played around the night and just make it so you can't see any animations or any colours or anything. That'd be dumb so obviously they'll make it an equivalent to how beautiful it is at day time for sun.
If anything, to continue on from above, I hope they make it so that moon isn't as beautiful as sun is during the day, and then moon has way more beautiful night animations compared to sun.
Morelull is one example of how it'll be awesome and all glow like at night.

BlitzGirl41

I think sun version is going to have more exciting events happen during the day and items that can be found,
and then moon will have the opposite, exciting events and items happening at night. At least that's how I'd like it.

They wouldn't make a game to be played around the night and just make it so you can't see any animations or any colours or anything. That'd be dumb so obviously they'll make it an equivalent to how beautiful it is at day time for sun.
If anything, to continue on from above, I hope they make it so that moon isn't as beautiful as sun is during the day, and then moon has way more beautiful night animations compared to sun.
Morelull is one example of how it'll be awesome and all glow like at night.

We'll just have to wait and see. I hope that the day/night cycles don't have any specific events so I can just change my clock to make it day time when it's day IRL. If I swap my pre-order and get Sun instead, then me and everyone else I know will have Sun and that would be boring.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
We'll just have to wait and see. I hope that the day/night cycles don't have any specific events so I can just change my clock to make it day time when it's day IRL. If I swap my pre-order and get Sun instead, then me and everyone else I know will have Sun and that would be boring.

unless all your friends have all the same problem with the night time gameplay, you should convince one of them to buy the game so you can play how it is meant to be played. Might not matter though.

Status
Not open for further replies.