• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Features/Mechanics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
The "flip-flopped" time mechanics is a neat way of setting the Moon version apart from Sun but it can be a bit awkward if you only play at certain times particularly if there are day/night only events. And no, changing the 3DS time is not an option given how recent Pokemon games temporarily "freezes" daily events if you do so.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
After the time difference thing I'm definitely going with Sun now. I'd much rather prefer time to flow normally.

Nice to see that we're pretty much getting Snap in Sun and Moon, after all a sequel has been demanded for quite awhile.

BlitzGirl41

The "flip-flopped" time mechanics is a neat way of setting the Moon version apart from Sun but it can be a bit awkward if you only play at certain times particularly if there are day/night only events. And no, changing the 3DS time is not an option given how recent Pokemon games temporarily "freezes" daily events if you do so.
I sure hope not. :( I don't want to switch games but i don't want to be in perpetual night, my least favorite time in video games and real life. If it does "freeze" it, though, would wiping the save file and starting over fix it...?

I sure hope not. :( I don't want to switch games but i don't want to be in perpetual night, my least favorite time in video games and real life. If it does "freeze" it, though, would wiping the save file and starting over fix it...?
They just freeze for a day or two, so it's not a huge problem.
Theoretically, if you change the clock right now or a few days before you get the game it shouldn't be a problem at all.

AmethystLeslie

I'm very interested to see that time-flip thing for Moon, since I preordered that game already.

That Pokefinder feature, made me think, "GF heard the cries of the people wanting a Pokemon Snap remake/sequel." I was thinking that this would either be a game in itself or a feature in some spinoff, but i didn't expect this to be in a main game. And of course, i'm interested to see what it's all about.

R_N

Only thing bad about the new photo feature is how it has extremely visible framerate issues

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Only thing bad about the new photo feature is how it has extremely visible framerate issues

The fact that they're revealing that in a trailer suggests that we're not getting stable framerates even on N3DS, sadly.

R_N

The fact that they're revealing that in a trailer suggests that we're not getting stable framerates even on N3DS, sadly.

Haha yeah...at least the battles seem a little more stable? The Battle royals have 4 pokemon + battle effects + trainers (I think) and seem to run surprisingly smooth. Small mercies, I guess.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I nobody going to talk about this awesome part of customization?

http://imgur.com/TFbCAiD

Well at least I'm mostly excited cause it's actually my hairstyle. But seriously, no hats!

We've known about no hats since E3, but yeah, the customization options have me intrigued. I can't wait to see all the choices we get (hopefully with more diversity for the guys).

knightwolf09

I know, but I still love it. It really seems customization is a lot more vast, and I love it so much.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
We've known about no hats since e3
We've known about no hats since E3, but yeah, the customization options have me intrigued. I can't wait to see all the choices we get (hopefully with more diversity for the guys).
Has it really been since E3? I thought we didn't know until that Japanese trailer in mid-July...

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Has it really been since E3? I thought we didn't know until that Japanese trailer in mid-July...

Nope, we saw Trainers without hats during the E3 Battle Royal reveal.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

R_N

I just rewatched the E3 Treehouse, and all the Trainers had hats.

ahhh, you're right. I was confusing it with confirmation that there would be customization; i'm guessing at least one hatless trainer was shown in a battle royal across assorted trailers too, probably didn't help.

Creyk

I actually thought it was confirmed this time around too XD But apparently there were examples before this.

I still don't get what this pokemon snap feature will be about you guys. Like...the trailer showed you can upload the photos you take online and people can give you likes for them, the more likes you get the more photo taking features you can use in-game. Is that all? Will this be fascinating? It just seems very strange at this point

HoennMaster

I think people are making too big a deal out of the clock offset. Honestly, I'm now leaning towards Moon as my first play through. Then again, my 3DS is already set six hours behind my time zone anyway....

So in real world daytime for Pokemon Moon is night while the real world nighttime is day in the game as well? How will they explain this in the games?

They don't really need to.

Nighttime ruins the beauty of the island and would make me depressed (as most games that have tons of night or dark settings do). It's really psychological for me.

It looks just as beautiful as the daytime.

So playing Moon is technically playing the Japanese version in dubbed form.

You win.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.