• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Features/Mechanics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I think people are making too big a deal out of the clock offset. Honestly, I'm now leaning towards Moon as my first play through. Then again, my 3DS is already set six hours behind my time zone anyway....

They don't really need to.

It looks just as beautiful as the daytime.

You win.

what are you trying to prove with your responses? lol all you seem to be attempting is to make people feel like their contributions are unneccary but they're no less than yours.

anyway I don't care for the time shift. if anything it's a fun little incentive for people that get both versions. even if u play one and the switch to another it'll be opposite time of day. that's dope

If in moon the trial is Alolan Raticate and Alolan Raticate comes out at night, does that mean the trial can only be done in the night time of Pokemon Moon?

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
If in moon the trial is Alolan Raticate and Alolan Raticate comes out at night, does that mean the trial can only be done in the night time of Pokemon Moon?

I feel like something said somewhere that cutscenes for the trials will show it being the respective time it was designed for even if you engage it at a different time, but I'm not sure...

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
what are you trying to prove with your responses? lol all you seem to be attempting is to make people feel like their contributions are unneccary but they're no less than yours.
I doubt that was their intention, they were just disprove some arguements of those who aren't a fan of the time shift.

BlitzGirl41

I know, but I still love it. It really seems customization is a lot more vast, and I love it so much.

I'm really excited to see what kinds of hairstyles/colors and clothes we get to choose from this gen. I really want to see Hawaiian-inspired clothing! I'm going to pick the girl and hopefully make her look awesome. :)

HoennMaster

I wanted to come up with some great sarcasm, but I just couldn't even take you seriously enough to try and come up with something. I'm replying to other people for God's sake. What the hell are you trying to prove?

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
After seeing the new Poke Finder feature, that reminded me... It's about high time we get some Miiverse functionality for the games, like we should be able to post our taken photos or pics from the games on Miiverse! Anyone's with me?

clbgolden12

After seeing the new Poke Finder feature, that reminded me... It's about high time we get some Miiverse functionality for the games, like we should be able to post our taken photos or pics from the games on Miiverse! Anyone's with me?
I agree. We still have no explanation on why we couldn't post Miiverse pics for XY/ORAS. ><

R_N

I still don't know why ORAS didn't have miiverse functinoality.
LIke XY not having it was dumb but the game felt like it was barely holding together in parts maybe it would have trouble??

But there's no real excuse now. Even if they need extra power, there's the n3DS. Which is what Smash 3DS, monster hunter and i think one or two other titles uses so they can use miiverse

AmethystLeslie

I read that it was something about a feature where you can take pictures of yourself to use as a PSS icon, and they was afraid that horny players would make Miiverse posts out of this feature, and therefore, no Miiverse functionality.

Why was this even a feature? We've most likely gone through the games without knowing this existed. I do agree that we've been long overdue on Miiverse functionality.

R_N

I read that it was something about a feature where you can take pictures of yourself to use as a PSS icon, and they was afraid that horny players would make Miiverse posts out of this feature, and therefore, no Miiverse functionality.

Why was this even a feature? We've most likely gone through the games without knowing this existed. I do agree that we've been long overdue on Miiverse functionality.

I don't think that's a feature at all, is it?

clbgolden12

Never heard of that feature, but regardless there are a ton of games where you can use the 3DS camera, yet most of those have Miiverse communities.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
So, as everyone's been posting, a new trailer dropped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oO_P4GX_RA

We get, not only tan mullet Oak, but our first look at the Poke Ride select screen, which shows Charizard, Lapras, and Sharpedo as selectable options. There are likely more above them (Tauros, Mudsdale, Stoutland), but the screen is partially cut off.

BlitzGirl41

So, as everyone's been posting, a new trailer dropped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oO_P4GX_RA

We get, not only tan mullet Oak, but our first look at the Poke Ride select screen, which shows Charizard, Lapras, and Sharpedo as selectable options. There are likely more above them (Tauros, Mudsdale, Stoutland), but the screen is partially cut off.

I suppose that he is "Alolan" Oak! Lol.

I wonder when/where that menu will be available and (the BIG question) whether this replaces HMs...

Julia Artemis

I suppose that he is "Alolan" Oak! Lol.

I wonder when/where that menu will be available and (the BIG question) whether this replaces HMs...

I assume it will basically work.like the Eon Flute in ORAS. But that we'll have a choice what pokeride option we want. But they won't all be available at the start. Also guessing no Dowsing Machine in favor of Stoutland

BlitzGirl41

I assume it will basically work.like the Eon Flute in ORAS. But that we'll have a choice what pokeride option we want. But they won't all be available at the start. Also guessing no Dowsing Machine in favor of Stoutland

Eeww I don't want to ride a Stoutland, though. One of my least favorite Pokemon, unfortunately. Plus, he is so HUGE that he'd cover up an entire patch of grass like what was in an earlier trailer, harder to pinpoint, I think. :/

Jadgirl04

Lilac Dungeoneer
So I didn't know where to post this since there wasn't a Z-Move thread, but what does everyone think about the last Z-Move pose the trainer does in the newest trailer? Is it just for activating the Z-Ring before your pokemon gets powered up, or is it something else? I've looked at as many of the other Z-Move activations as I could find and it doesn't match up with any of them.

Since it happens after the other Z-Moves in the trailer, it's safe to assume that it's not any of those ones, but something different. I know people can get a little... heated about the idea that using a Z-Move (or something similar) with some pokemon causes synchro to happen, and I agree with some points on that (namely that the pokemon will look like the trainer- come on guys trainer customisaton is back, they'd eat the memory trying to make a bunch of different models), but at the same time we have still-credible leaks stating that there is something similar to mega evolution but not quite. People have said that that's Z-Moves and that's the end of it, but I don't think that's all of it.

TL: DR What I'm proposing is that Z-volution is still a likely thing, and it would cause the pokemon to temporarily change form similar to mega evolution. This likely would be activated by using the pokemon's signature move and doing the last pose shown at the end of the latest trailer (around 2:00).

please don't hate me for bringing up syncro

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
So I didn't know where to post this since there wasn't a Z-Move thread, but what does everyone think about the last Z-Move pose the trainer does in the newest trailer? Is it just for activating the Z-Ring before your pokemon gets powered up, or is it something else? I've looked at as many of the other Z-Move activations as I could find and it doesn't match up with any of them.

Since it happens after the other Z-Moves in the trailer, it's safe to assume that it's not any of those ones, but something different. I know people can get a little... heated about the idea that using a Z-Move (or something similar) with some pokemon causes synchro to happen, and I agree with some points on that (namely that the pokemon will look like the trainer- come on guys trainer customisaton is back, they'd eat the memory trying to make a bunch of different models), but at the same time we have still-credible leaks stating that there is something similar to mega evolution but not quite. People have said that that's Z-Moves and that's the end of it, but I don't think that's all of it.

TL: DR What I'm proposing is that Z-volution is still a likely thing, and it would cause the pokemon to temporarily change form similar to mega evolution. This likely would be activated by using the pokemon's signature move and doing the last pose shown at the end of the latest trailer (around 2:00).

I was just about to bring this up, I just thought it was my exhaustion riddled mind coming to conclusions again

clbgolden12

How dare you speak of Synchro! TO THE DUNGEON!

Nah, but seriously, I think that pose the trainer does is just like the full Mega Evolution sequence, it gets cut off anytime after you use it for the first time whenever you boot up the game. I doubt it has anything to do with Synchro.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
What do yall think of this?

http://prnt.sc/cfsffa

This happens in the newest trailer after the player charcter shows off some Z-moves. The whole thing just plays out differently then the regular Z-move. It lacks the fiery effect behind the trainer, and does not switch to a pokemon when it shows off the Z-move symbol.

Status
Not open for further replies.