• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Features/Mechanics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Regarding customisation, fingers crossed that the Festival Coins are easy to obtain or there is a way to farm them. It would be a big slap to the face if they make them hard to obtain given how it looks to be a huge improvement over the one from XY.

Shame the PokeBank feature will not be available till next year, I am not too bothered but it will be annoying for breeders especially if Ditto cannot be caught in Alola (either pre or post game ).

Last edited:

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
Regarding customisation, fingers crossed that the Festival Coins are easy to obtain or there is a way to farm them. It would be a big slap to the face if they make them hard to obtain given how it looks to be a huge improvement over the one from XY.

Micro-transactions anyone?

Julia Artemis

Shame the PokeBank feature will not be available till next year, I am not too bothered but it will be annoying for breeders especially if Ditto cannot be caught in Alola (either pre or post game ).

I'm pretty sure Festival Coins will probably be replacing Pokedollars (Pokeyen?) as the currency of the game, either that they'll be pretty easy to get. I doubt they'd make it difficult to customize your character

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I just wish all all clothes are not TOO expensive. The Lumiose apparel was overkill.

I also hope that there's an option for PokeDollars to be exchanged into Festival Coins. Something like 100 PD = 1 FC

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I'm pretty sure Festival Coins will probably be replacing Pokedollars (Pokeyen?) as the currency of the game, either that they'll be pretty easy to get. I doubt they'd make it difficult to customize your character
We've seen Pokédollars used before in this game (getting paid for the Pyukumuku toss), so festival coins aren't replacing them.

I really am curious as to what they are, though...

marumaruko

Ghost Trainer
I like that with the pushback of the Pokemon Bank update they first make everybody to stick with the new Pokemon. Assuming trade between Gen VI and VII might not be possible?

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
I like that with the pushback of the Pokemon Bank update they first make everybody to stick with the new Pokemon. Assuming trade between Gen VI and VII might not be possible?

I think the mention that no Gen VI pokemon can return to XYORAS after being to Sun/Moon shows that trading between the games wont be possible.
The post-2 month release may be because they want to make the experience for Sun and Moon fresh. But honestly I think it's because Nintendo are still sore from their botched attempt of the Pokebank's initial launch during the 2013 Christmas period. And so are waiting out the christmas season so their servers can cope with the influx.

Last edited:

Bus

The new pokebank will be available, what January 2017? With the game releasing Mid November, that's really not that late a release. It's going to be like a 2 month wait; thats not bad at all. I can't speak for everyone, but Im sure a decent amount of people are going to be more focused on the new pokemon first before really looking to get the older ones transferred in.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I just wish all all clothes are not TOO expensive. The Lumiose apparel was overkill.

I also hope that there's an option for PokeDollars to be exchanged into Festival Coins. Something like 100 PD = 1 FC
Yeah some clothes were expensive. I never got the access to the special Lumiose shop. I didn't care though.

I like your idea btw.

.Aerodactyl.

If festival coins end up being a seperate currency solely for clothes shopping, I'll be a little disappointed :( That was one thing I really liked in X/Y. For the first time, I wasn't actually rolling in dough and had an outlet for my money that made me save, spend, etc. It was one thing that helped make the game more challenging...it became not only a quest during but in the post gsme too. I loved that extra element of difficulty. Which in turn might be why they have opted for a seperate currency.

It saddens me, but the new customization options out weigh any disappointment to me overall and I'll get over it. Besides, I'm not even sure how festival coins are obtained yet anyway.

BlitzGirl41

I get a feeling that that status-curing aspect of PokeRefresh is a way GameFreak is trying to make the "Amie" feature more practical. In both Y and OR, I only used Amie to max out the Affection of the Pokemon I wanted to use in my team for the long-haul, then once I got my team the way I wanted it, I never touched it again...

gliscor&yanmega

Get a better look at customizing and Pokemon Amie's improvement(Kind of wish they just kept the name though to mix in some Pokemon "culture" from each games). Looks like they really stepped it up with customizing, I'll probably do what I did last time and just do it for my first playthrough and ignore it every other time. Looks like Full Heals and the likes are now unnecessary if you can just heal your Pokemon in Pokemon Refresh, I'm sure they are still around though but I'd probably just use the Refresh now.

sheld999

I get a feeling that that status-curing aspect of PokeRefresh is a way GameFreak is trying to make the "Amie" feature more practical. In both Y and OR, I only used Amie to max out the Affection of the Pokemon I wanted to use in my team for the long-haul, then once I got my team the way I wanted it, I never touched it again...

maybe we can also heal them in amie

shadowF

How does Pokeride work? do you need to capture a pokemon in order to ride them? Am wondering since Charizard is an option in Pokeride and was wondering if they gift us a charizard in order to be able to use it to fly.

noakai

How does Pokeride work? do you need to capture a pokemon in order to ride them? Am wondering since Charizard is an option in Pokeride and was wondering if they gift us a charizard in order to be able to use it to fly.

From the main website: "These Pokémon don’t join your team, but you can call on them anytime to receive their help."

I bet it works exactly like Soaring did in ORAS, where you use an item to call them and then ride on them and they leave when you're done. So the gift will probably be an item to call them with, not the Pokemon themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.