• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Features/Mechanics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mffz

Hi, i'm new to this forum..
So, i have this two treasure hunt in festival plaza, and both of them have three stars but with different colour.. one have gold (similar as the one from the begining) and another one have black colour.. does it have something different beside the colour?

While breeding a pair of Passimian, my lv1 hatches had different Pokeballs. The male I bred with was in a Timer ball and the female was in an Ultra ball. I hatched 5 mons and 2 were Ultra balls and 3 were in Timer balls. Does anyone know if this is a new mechanic?

I can confirm part of this as I bred a male Passimian in a Timer ball and a female Passimian in an Ultra ball and got 2 hatchlings in an Ultra ball and 3 in a Timer ball. I'll check on the Dittos soon.

It is a new mechanic, if breeding with a male and female of the same pokemon there is a 50/50 chance of either pokeball being passed down and when breeding male or genderless with ditto, the male and genderless can now pass down their pokeballs too.

Hi, i'm new to this forum..
So, i have this two treasure hunt in festival plaza, and both of them have three stars but with different colour.. one have gold (similar as the one from the begining) and another one have black colour.. does it have something different beside the colour?

Are they both actually called treasure hunt? There are a couple different lotto style shops and they may have different levels. As far as I can tell, the highest level shop you have is gold. Actually it may just be the first shop you get at the highest level is gold and the second one you get at highest is black because I have a gold clink clunk land that is highest stars and was the first I got then I have a three star pharmacy which is also as high as it goes which is black.

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
I don't know if this has been touched on/discovered/rumoured but I think I found an easy/quick/surefire way to get normal bottle caps.

It seems (for me at least) whenever you buy a Treasure Hunt booth from someone, the first prize is always a bottle cap. I've purchased at least 5 and have been 5/5 bottle caps, and I've bought at varying levels (at LEAST 2-5 stars, can't confirm 1 [more like can't remember]).

If that's the case, every 50-100 FC is worth 1 bottle cap if you can find the seller of a cheap one.

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
How do I upgrade Festival Plaza facilities?

You can't. You either get new/better ones when you level up from Sophocles or buy them from guests.

Whatever a guest has hosted on the right of their castle is buyable when they connect with people.

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
random question, does the effects of cute charm (making the pokemon gender appear opposite to yours at a higher rate) effect eggs at all?
I want to get a shiny Salazzle, but I would rather breed to get the Nature I am after, if not I will just SOS Chain for one.

Rakurai

I really appreciate the fact that thanks to the QR scanner, I was able to get myself a Deino almost immediately.

It's also comforting to know that Hyper Training will allow it to be competitively viable once the time comes (Though I seriously doubt Hydreigon is going to be making waves this gen with no meaningful buffs and several new Pokemon that can mess it up...).

ColinLoZ

Hey there,

I have a question regarding the Power Items in S.O.S. battles.
They now give a +8 instead of +4, but in the EV explaination page example, a 1 HP yielding Caterpie is told to give 36 points, but if you chain the Caterpies, killing 7 and maximizing the stat in one battle, how does the Power Item's effect multiplies?
Doesn't it only give a +8 after each battle? That's how it is explained on the EV page.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Quick question: have we figured out if you can use a Mega Evolution AND a Z-move in the same battle yet?

BlazingRagnarok

Hey there,

I have a question regarding the Power Items in S.O.S. battles.
They now give a +8 instead of +4, but in the EV explaination page example, a 1 HP yielding Caterpie is told to give 36 points, but if you chain the Caterpies, killing 7 and maximizing the stat in one battle, how does the Power Item's effect multiplies?
Doesn't it only give a +8 after each battle? That's how it is explained on the EV page.
The power items have always counted per K.O., that is, every time the pokemon holding it gains exp/EVs in a battle. The fact that the itemdex wording doesn't account for multiple KOs in a single encounter is immaterial to this. Each summoned Caterpie yields ((1+8)*2)*2=36 HP EVs to a pokerus-infected pokemon holding a power belt, while the original yields (1+8)*2=18 HP EVs to the same pokemon. Knocking out 7 summoned Caterpie will yield 252 HP EVs. Alternately, you could use 9 HP Ups and knock out 4 summoned ones and the original to reach 252.

Sylas

I think GF broke the ability Overcoat. It says that it is only supposed to prevent Powder-based moves from applying status effects, but it does more than that. I cannot use Hypnosis, Thunder Wave, or Toxic against Kahili's Mandibuzz, and none of my other moves that have those 3 effects ever apply them. I can still freeze, confuse, and burn it, but aside from that, nothing.

RDaneel

The power items have always counted per K.O., that is, every time the pokemon holding it gains exp/EVs in a battle. The fact that the itemdex wording doesn't account for multiple KOs in a single encounter is immaterial to this. Each summoned Caterpie yields ((1+8)*2)*2=36 HP EVs to a pokerus-infected pokemon holding a power belt, while the original yields (1+8)*2=18 HP EVs to the same pokemon. Knocking out 7 summoned Caterpie will yield 252 HP EVs. Alternately, you could use 9 HP Ups and knock out 4 summoned ones and the original to reach 252.

So, if you find a different pokemon (that you know it doesn't give HP EVs), you have to break the chain knocking out the original caterpie and flee.

To be honest, I think the hordes were better...

BlazingRagnarok

So, if you find a different pokemon (that you know it doesn't give HP EVs), you have to break the chain knocking out the original caterpie and flee.

To be honest, I think the hordes were better...

Not every pokemon has a chance to have something else show up. If you're absolutely terrified of that happening, then just use Pokearth to find an area with something that gives the right EVs without a chance to spawn something else. The first pokemon on the chain gives as many EVs as the 100th, so if something unexpected happens just run off (without KOing anything ofc) and start a new one. Getting a couple of the wrong EVs isn't the end of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.