• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Features/Mechanics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdulmuhsee

In regard to bouncy houses, how much does each course increase EVs?

For example, one course says it increases EVs "a little" and another says it increases EVs "quite a lot." What is the numerical amount of "quite a lot?"

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Is it just me or are there a bunch of Abra being WT'd? Magnemite Coil 2.0?

Anyway I will say that I LOVE how we can judge our Pokemon's IVs in the PC boxes now! It's so convenient as well as looking at the stats of Pokemon after you catch it! It makes SR'ing for natures less of a pain imo.

RDaneel

In regard to bouncy houses, how much does each course increase EVs?

For example, one course says it increases EVs "a little" and another says it increases EVs "quite a lot." What is the numerical amount of "quite a lot?"

Serebii has updated the Festival Plaza page with them; in order, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 252... like memory dimms :D

Baggie_Saiyan

S. O. S. Battles are simultaneously the best and worst thing ever lol. It can be annoying at times but It's made catching Pokémon harder thus more rewarding plus all the extra stuff like HA's and Grinding is a doddle.

BlitzGirl41

S. O. S. Battles are simultaneously the best and worst thing ever lol. It can be annoying at times but It's made catching Pokémon harder thus more rewarding plus all the extra stuff like HA's and Grinding is a doddle.

In some ways, I'm finding SoS battles to be a really great way of catching certain Pokemon. Instead of having to run around or fish over and over until I find the Pokemon I'm looking for, I can just teach a Pokemon False Swipe and keep the battle going until I get what i want. Already got myself Shelgon, Mareanie, Slowbro, and a few others with this method. But it is annoying not knowing if the next Pokemon that will be called will be the one you're searching for.

Baggie_Saiyan

In some ways, I'm finding SoS battles to be a really great way of catching certain Pokemon. Instead of having to run around or fish over and over until I find the Pokemon I'm looking for, I can just teach a Pokemon False Swipe and keep the battle going until I get what i want. Already got myself Shelgon, Mareanie, Slowbro, and a few others with this method. But it is annoying not knowing if the next Pokemon that will be called will be the one you're searching for.

Yeah Mareine took me 40mins! With a false swipping Dartrix lol. Then when it eventually arrived the Corsola kept spamming recover haha but the feeling of catching Maerine was amazing made it all seem worth it!

RDaneel

So 128x128 is 256... meaning I absolutely need the 5* version houses to get exactly 252 EVs. What a pain.

The 6, not the 5. Both 6 and 7 aren't available until you pass the game, and are the Champion.

abdulmuhsee

The 6, not the 5. Both 6 and 7 aren't available until you pass the game, and are the Champion.

Right, I noticed that even 1* houses have course 6 now.

I looked in the trading forum to see if there was a way I could trade festival plaza shops, but there was no thread for that.

Last edited:

BlazingRagnarok

I Can reassign the ev on a Level 100 Pokémon in Sun & Moon? In wich way i Can refresh his stats?

The two ways to reduce EVs this gen are certain high level restaurants in Festival Plaza and the usual berries we had to use before easy EV manipulation. For Festival Plaza, look for Friendship Café and Friendship Parlor.

C3le

The two ways to reduce EVs this gen are certain high level restaurants in Festival Plaza and the usual berries we had to use before easy EV manipulation. For Festival Plaza, look for Friendship Café and Friendship Parlor.

ok but when i have ended with the reassignement in wich way i can refresh the stats? depositing it in the box and then withdraw?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I'm on the second island, and I'm having mixed feelings about new features/mechanics:

I'm not charmed that experience share is no longer optional (unless I just don't know how to turn it off?). There are a few instances where I want it off.
I don't really care about daycare vs nursery, but I'm sure there are players that miss the daycare.
I like having an accurate map on the bottom screen, but so far the world feels kind of small. And I'm already on 2nd of 4 islands. Plus all the roadblocks don't help this feeling.
I'm not a fan of SOS battles. I got stuck in an Eevee loop that never seemed to end, and none of them wanted to stay in the balls once they were alone.
I'm probably in the minority, but I kind of miss the yarn and berry picking games, but on the other hand I like being able to take care of poisoned/paralyzed pokemon after a battle.

BlitzGirl41

I'm on the second island, and I'm having mixed feelings about new features/mechanics:

I'm not charmed that experience share is no longer optional (unless I just don't know how to turn it off?). There are a few instances where I want it off.
I don't really care about daycare vs nursery, but I'm sure there are players that miss the daycare.
I like having an accurate map on the bottom screen, but so far the world feels kind of small. And I'm already on 2nd of 4 islands. Plus all the roadblocks don't help this feeling.
I'm not a fan of SOS battles. I got stuck in an Eevee loop that never seemed to end, and none of them wanted to stay in the balls once they were alone.
I'm probably in the minority, but I kind of miss the yarn and berry picking games, but on the other hand I like being able to take care of poisoned/paralyzed pokemon after a battle.

You can turn the Exp Share off (it is obnoxious that it automatically is set "on" when you are given it). Go into your bag and it'll be in the Key Items slot.

Baggie_Saiyan

So this evolution move glitch. The Wimpod I got evolved at 41 and then learned it's evo move and pin missile so I guess like Kadabra not learning confusion isn't a glitch then but intended?

BlitzGirl41

So this evolution move glitch. The Wimpod I got evolved at 41 and then learned it's evo move and pin missile so I guess like Kadabra not learning confusion isn't a glitch then but intended?

Based on the Serebii Pokedex, Galisopod learns Pin Missile at level 41, and First Impression is a move learned upon evolution. I see that it says that Wimpod evolves at level 30. Was your Wimpod level 40 when you obtained it?

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I absolutely despise the new machanic where Pokemon can call for help in battle. I thought it was cool for Totem Pokemon but it is super annoying when you're trying to catch Pokemon. I was trying to catch a Beldum and I managed to get it down to low HP so I could catch it and it called for help. It is extremely frustrating and I'm not crazy about it. That is one of my least favorite things about these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.