• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Features/Mechanics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I think you and/or those you're satisfying being offline contributes to why FC rewards seem lower than they should. I would advise making sure you go online at least once or twice a day and see if that helps.
That could definitely be the case. I often don't go online if I'm just taking a lap around and getting lottery rewards, because the Game Sync takes so long.
I rank up in my Festival Plaza quite frequently and a lot of people on my VIP list have high Plaza ranks as well. If you'd like, I'll let you know if I stumble across any 5-star bouncy houses so you can get them.
If you could do that for me that'd be amazing, much appreciated. I can't get the Thump-Bump Park or Stomp-Stomp House through rank-up because they're Moon exclusive.

Hey, everyone. I don't use these forums very often so forgive my ignorance if breaking any rules. I just leveled up my Festival Plaza to 30 and am looking for ways to obtain two level 5 Rare Kitchens for - like everyone else I'm sure - easy level up. I'm not sure what the easiest way to do this is? Do I just randomly ask people who visit my Festival Plaza? Do I ask a kind soul on here? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you!

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Hey, everyone. I don't use these forums very often so forgive my ignorance if breaking any rules. I just leveled up my Festival Plaza to 30 and am looking for ways to obtain two level 5 Rare Kitchens for - like everyone else I'm sure - easy level up. I'm not sure what the easiest way to do this is? Do I just randomly ask people who visit my Festival Plaza? Do I ask a kind soul on here? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you!

Guests in the Festival Plaza whose first store is a 5-star Rare Kitchen will offer that. It's all up to chance, but there is a good amount of them out there (me being one of them).

That being said, you'll need to set aside at least 4,500 FC for it. The first will have a fee of 1,500 FC, and the second will have a fee of 3,000 FC.

Oh, wow. I literally just remembered to check on the prizes from my missions, and I had one I hadn't cashed in on that just gave me 4,000 FC. I should be good to go on that front now.

I just figured out the paging system. Thanks for the help! I've got my two level 5 Rare Kitchens now, and I set one in the correct spot to share the wealth. :)

giorgos21

event & shiny maniac
Does anyone know with certainty if the shiny charm works on type:null? I think it doesn't for two reasons: A) the text of shiny charm does state that it works on wild pokemon, and I don't think that null is considered a wild pokemon and B) I am over 4k SRs and I still haven't got the shiny (this is not a proof, because I might just be unlucky, but it is a strong indication).

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Does anyone know with certainty if the shiny charm works on type:null? I think it doesn't for two reasons: A) the text of shiny charm does state that it works on wild pokemon, and I don't think that null is considered a wild pokemon and B) I am over 4k SRs and I still haven't got the shiny (this is not a proof, because I might just be unlucky, but it is a strong indication).

Type: Null is not shiny-locked, but according to what I've looked up, the Shiny Charm only works on wild Pokémon and Pokémon obtained through breeding. You are probably right in that since Type: Null is given to you, the Shiny Charm won't help.

Kokuei

Hi all. I've a specific breeding mechanic question that I haven't been able to find through searching, so apologies if it's already been answered.

Essentially I want to pass down safari and apricorn balls as they're not as common, but also with hidden abilities. I want to know if it's possible before I load up my HG and go on a catching spree to transfer over.

Now Pokéballs get passed down with both parents, I'm assuming it's still the non-Ditto mother that takes preference for passing down the ball pattern? Say I have a same species female with the ball I want and a male with the hidden ability I want, is there a chance (no matter how slim) that I'll end up with offspring that has the mother's ball and the father's ability? I know male HAs get a 20% chance to pass down with Ditto but I can't remember how it works now with both parents of the same species.

When I last learnt about it, mother's were responsible for balls and HAs, but obviously HAs weren't around in Gen IV so this is where I'm getting stuck. I hope this makes sense!

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Hi all. I've a specific breeding mechanic question that I haven't been able to find through searching, so apologies if it's already been answered.

Essentially I want to pass down safari and apricorn balls as they're not as common, but also with hidden abilities. I want to know if it's possible before I load up my HG and go on a catching spree to transfer over.

Now Pokéballs get passed down with both parents, I'm assuming it's still the non-Ditto mother that takes preference for passing down the ball pattern? Say I have a same species female with the ball I want and a male with the hidden ability I want, is there a chance (no matter how slim) that I'll end up with offspring that has the mother's ball and the father's ability? I know male HAs get a 20% chance to pass down with Ditto but I can't remember how it works now with both parents of the same species.

When I last learnt about it, mother's were responsible for balls and HAs, but obviously HAs weren't around in Gen IV so this is where I'm getting stuck. I hope this makes sense!

No, you'll need to get a Ditto and breed for a female HA and a male ideal ball to get the HA and ball

AmethystLeslie

@ most Festival Coins I've seen given to me

I've seen 100 for a single favor. I remember leveling up just before that and the 100 FC gave me another levelup, and then got a 3rd levelup, and only got 2 rewards instead of 3 for whatever reason.

@renaming the plaza

I named it Moop Land because I like "moop" as a nonsense word. I never did give the plaza special music cuz I just like the Plaza's default theme, especially at nighttime.

naao

How are Island Scan Pokémon's IVs? Is there any set pattern? (like for example 50% chance of at least 2 full IVs, or something)

Or is it all the time with Island Scan Pokémon complete random just like how it is with normal wild encounters? (excluding SOS calls)

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
How are Island Scan Pokémon's IVs? Is there any set pattern? (like for example 50% chance of at least 2 full IVs, or something)

Or is it all the time with Island Scan Pokémon complete random just like how it is with normal wild encounters? (excluding SOS calls)

I don't think so unfortunately. As far as I know they can't be SOS chained and therefore can't have better IV's through chaining capture methods

naao

Okay, so I'm trying to catch a Chikorita with 1 perfect IV in HP. Is there anything that I can do that makes that more likely to happen? Or does it have to be complete random? (1 chance of 31). I'm thinking if anything I do can affect it, like a high level of the Pokémon I catch it with, or my Pokémon's held item like Power Weight or Destiny's Knot, or some ability or move that matches the wild Pokémon's HP IV to the HP IV of the first Pokémon in my Party. You get it, something like that. Is there anything that makes it more likely for a perfect HP IV to happen to the wild encounter?

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Okay, so I'm trying to catch a Chikorita with 1 perfect IV in HP. Is there anything that I can do that makes that more likely to happen? Or does it have to be complete random? (1 chance of 31). I'm thinking if anything I do can affect it, like a high level of the Pokémon I catch it with, or my Pokémon's held item like Power Weight or Destiny's Knot, or some ability or move that matches the wild Pokémon's HP IV to the HP IV of the first Pokémon in my Party. You get it, something like that. Is there anything that makes it more likely for a perfect HP IV to happen to the wild encounter?

Nope, it's just a random 1 in 32 chance.

naao

Thanks everyone for the replies! I got it with SpDef IV so I think it's better actually!

Alloutℯ

Banned
Out of curiosity- did anyone rename their festival plaza when they got the chance?

I got so tired of repetitive tasks and talking to Sophocles that I named mine Dank Dungeon out of spite :D

I hardly even accessed that feature in Sun and Moon. How exactly do we change the plaza's name?

Status
Not open for further replies.