1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrieFuse

IrieFuse Unify To Thrive

Well thats what zeb was referring to im assuming.? Which im sure is the case anyway. Kinda like how HGSS didnt portray any shinies as shinies when walking with you.

2. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

HGSS did, though.

3. Aerolyte

Aerolyte Shiny Raichu

I just thought the fact you could sit on stuff was amazing.
    Sitting on stuff is so fun.
    Best part of the game apparently.

4. Dragonair7

Dragonair7 Feelin' the heat?

lolno
    Only places I ever found to sit where the view changed was in Santalune City and the Cyllage City Gym. But I didn't go around obsessively sitting on things so...

I wish that all pokemon had an overworld surf model or that Fly used specific animations. But that might be weird considering some pokemon are so tiny compared to the trainer and you can still sit on their back without squishing them..

5. Victreebong

Victreebong Gives 'em the slip..

There's only one bench that had any impact in my journey, and that was the cliff bench afforded to you in Ambrette Town because you could see a hidden item by sitting on it. And that's it. If I wanted to place my player next to interactive objects, I'd play New Leaf...

Anyways... I dig most of the battle animations in XY. But I'm hoping that they FINALLY revamp one particular animation in the third cart(s), and that's Sludge Wave. Sludge Wave looks like a palette swap of Psy Wave, and that simply won't do! It should be a massive tidal wave of purple and green and maybe even poop, and it should look scarier than Surf does! Otherwise, it's just a silly cosine!

6. diakyu

diakyu Well-Known Member

Oh God the animation for Spacial Rend is amazing. Having it break the fourth wall is simply genius.

7. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

Well, I've pretty much avoided the XY section for a while, since I didn't want to get engrossed in it while I didn't have much time to post, but I guess I'll start. I really liked the graphics in XY, the 3D was amazing....when it was there. I really wished the whole game was in 3D, but I understand that making it that way would have been extremely difficult, I hope some future 3DS Pokemon game has that feature. (Z, XY2, RSE remake, any main series game that may come to the 3DS in the future)

8. Curo

Curo Water Trainer

Everything looks great...I just want Mega Blastoise to have attacks coming out of his cannons. It's the small things that count :3

9. pokepal148

pokepal148 Active Member

I wish every trainer had a full 3d model instead of that tacky 2d cutout for battles tbh.

10. MDS777

MDS777 The name's Riley

Same here. Only having models for the professor and your friends was pretty stupid. Hopefully ORAS changes that.

11. Chrosion

Chrosion #1 waifu

I had no idea those even did that until I saw this post... also, I really really hated how the male protagonist had really tacky clothes and a really low amount of options to customize the character, unlike the female protagonist.

12. The Mustache

The Mustache Well-Known Member

I use to be the male one. Today I started a new game with the girl just because of that. named her Emma :)

13. pokepal148

pokepal148 Active Member

bwahahaha, join the dark side we have clothing options

14. The Mustache

The Mustache Well-Known Member

unfortunatly yes..... hahaha -.-

15. Wigger

Wigger Active Member

Well, after Black / White series X / Y looks very good, that is the fact. (In fact, Heart Gold and Soul Silver have better graphics than Black / White series)
    But, do you really think X / Y is enough? Even Playstation 2 games, which released years years ago, are better than today's Pokémon Game. Hopefully, Nintendo will create better and better games but I am afraid everytime they release a generation, they also just waste a generation's good graphiced game chance. Kanto is the best example for this. We are glad current situation because of pre games. But if we look at the window from a little bit far away, we actually see how they are still not enough.

16. CharlieDoryRose

CharlieDoryRose Dragon Freak

I love the textures they put into this. One of my favourite examples is battling a wild Poliwhirl; at the moment when its sillhouette becomes coloured you see the light reflecting off its skin, and the texture there is a really great touch.

17. soulmaster_rz

soulmaster_rz Member

graphics are good, but they could have been better, however they don't affect me, I just love the new directions mechanic, being able to walk in diagonal directions is cool :3

18. EXGShadow

EXGShadow Poison fan

I've been playing for a while, but didn't pay attention to some of the pokemon model animations.. and just today, I ran into a battle against a horde of Minum/Plusle.
    I'm a guy, but seeing those little pokemon shaking their tails when they get idle for a moment is just the CUTEST THING EVER!
    Also, they've got some nice move animations.
    Never cared about them before, but thanks to that, can't wait to try Plusle and Minum in a double battle in my secondary file!

19. Huhadude

Huhadude Banned

The views from the viewpoints are outstanding.

20. JAKnighton

JAKnighton Cartoonist

I think the in-battle graphics are amazing, but the overworld is still far too flat and square. Are there no hills in the Pokemon world? And by that I mean, hills that aren't boxes that stick out of the flat earth?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.