• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GravityStorm

Got it memorized?
^They have to save something for the remakes...

gpt11

I also hate that pokemon following you isn't back that would have been amazing in this game

cant say I miss that

I always felt bad when my pokemon was burned or poisoned and it would "struggle to keep up" while I was running

Mighty Arceus493

Relentless.
I also hate that pokemon following you isn't back that would have been amazing in this game

I don't see that working in X and Y. As much as I like it, there will be problems like:

- Scaling. I looked at a few posts talking about this problem, and it's obvious that you can't have a Wailord or Groudon behind you the whole time. Having a Pokemon like Dialga using a move like Cut in a very narrow path wouldn't look nice either. (Yes, some kids teach their Pokemon very different moves than people who know their movesets well.)

- Camera Angles. In the trailer where the male protagonist is running down what looks to be route 3, the angle is almost behind the trainer. Having a big Pokemon behind you at a place like that would make it hard to see where you are and you'd just see a big Pokemon hogging up the screen and right behind you.

The Flash

I like shorts!
I love the new perspective for the game. Assuming that they stick with it. Its a lot better than the more top-down view from older games like Fire Red, Ruby, etc.

It looks like you're more apart of the game, if that makes sense. And the screenshots of battle make it a lot more realistic looking. Like, before I'd imagine in my head what a battle would look like, now I can see it.

The only thing that would be neat is if there were multiple animations, so instead of say "Bite" always having the same attack animation, it might have an alternate version.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
I love the new perspective for the game. Assuming that they stick with it. Its a lot better than the more top-down view from older games like Fire Red, Ruby, etc.

It looks like you're more apart of the game, if that makes sense. And the screenshots of battle make it a lot more realistic looking. Like, before I'd imagine in my head what a battle would look like, now I can see it.

The only thing that would be neat is if there were multiple animations, so instead of say "Bite" always having the same attack animation, it might have an alternate version.

In other words, Its becoming more like other RPG's

TWN

5326 7398 1244

Don't count on that clip of Route 3 being the new perspective, assuming that's what you're referring to. Watch the trailer again; almost every shot of the trainer is a different camera angle. My guess is that Game Freak decided to show areas with varying camera angles to show off the new 3D world and it's expansiveness. Most of the game will probably be in the perspective of the following screenshot, which isn't much different than the perspective in previous games:

XY_Prerelease_Gym.jpg

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I'm just glad that Nintendo is adding all these cool features for the same usual price of $39.99. I hope that XY designs their Victory Road similar to the one in BW2. I liked how BW2 made you go through these different courses of forests and caves to get to the top. It's a pretty cool idea and it certainly helped me train my team for the Elite 4. It felt like it had more trainers than the usual Victory Road (coughheartgoldcough) nor did it feel tediously long (I'm looking at you Emerald).

BBtheASH

Don't count on that clip of Route 3 being the new perspective, assuming that's what you're referring to. Watch the trailer again; almost every shot of the trainer is a different camera angle. My guess is that Game Freak decided to show areas with varying camera angles to show off the new 3D world and it's expansiveness. Most of the game will probably be in the perspective of the following screenshot, which isn't much different than the perspective in previous games:

XY_Prerelease_Gym.jpg

If it is in fact angled this way, I wouldn't be to bothered by it. Its familiar and keeps with tradition.

The Flash

I like shorts!

XY_Prerelease_Gym.jpg

I like this a lot better though. Instead of it seeming like everybody is just a midget, it kinda gives an actual height to the character. Its a lot closer to 3rd person view than a top down perspective. I like the shot you posted. And wouldn't mind the game being mostly from that angle. Cause even though Gens 4 and 5 were 3D, I still got the squished midget impression.

TWN

5326 7398 1244
I like this a lot better though. Instead of it seeming like everybody is just a midget, it kinda gives an actual height to the character. Its a lot closer to 3rd person view than a top down perspective. I like the shot you posted. And wouldn't mind the game being mostly from that angle. Cause even though Gens 4 and 5 were 3D, I still got the squished midget impression.

The screen I posted is pretty close to what were in Gen 4 and 5. The 2D characters made it seem otherwise because they all looked like they were laying on their backs.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails

I wouldn't mind it if you could just control the angle.when you wanted to. (Maybe use the d-pad?)
I mean it would be.a nice way to show off the 3d.

BBtheASH

I wouldn't mind it if you could just control the angle.when you wanted to. (Maybe use the d-pad?)
I mean it would be.a nice way to show off the 3d.

you mean like switching angles whenever you wanted to. that would be a plus! Though I wouldn't be dissapointed if they didn't add that feature..

hevver

Heart of Darkness

That actually got pretty boring and somewhat annoying in a while... Maybe a turn off option for that if they decide to bring it back in future installments then it would be great.

Ver-mont

That actually got pretty boring and somewhat annoying in a while... Maybe a turn off option for that if they decide to bring it back in future installments then it would be great.

I always defended this. It would please everyone.

Those who like the feature can keep walking Pokémon, those who don't can simply turn it off. Win-win.

80p

hmm, assuming there will still be HMs, I wonder how the surf animation will look. I wonder if now we will get the actual pokemon using the move under us or some kind of raft or whatever there has been in the past. (BW's surf sprite is slipping my mind for some reason..) I guess this also kind of goes with the whole "Pokemon Following you" thing, there may be problems with scaling depending on the pokemon you use. (Couldnt imagine seeing the trainer standind on a squirtle lol). Just something to think about though.

TWN

5326 7398 1244
I always defended this. It would please everyone.

Those who like the feature can keep walking Pokémon, those who don't can simply turn it off. Win-win.

I agree--but only certain Pokémon should be able to follow you. For the sake of logic, if it can't fit through a doorway then it should stay in its ball. I don't say this often, but sometimes balls are the better choice.

I prefer my Wailords pocket-sized.

Unfortunately, I'd say it's most likely this feature won't be making an appearance this time 'round.

Status
Not open for further replies.