• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
The C-Gear was customizable. You can change its colors, and arrange the buttons. You can even download skins for it via the Pokemon Global Link.
Although yes, it is disappointing that it didn't have apps like the Poketch.

So, for Gen 6, I would really want a mix of C-Gear, PokeGear AND Poketch.

yea, and being able to set it for my character to run without holding down B in SS saved my Ds's B button.

humilau

Mister Fisher!
What would be really cool is if the touch screen defaulted as the HG/SS layout, meaning you never had to open the menu onscreen (which I loved). But as you go through the game, you can set it to other things. Be that the C-Gear equivalent, a poketch thing, or a Dowsing Machine. That way, everyone could have what they wanted there.

Oh that was in HG/SS? My mistake then. Yup, basically thats all we want. Hope the user interface stays clean and nice too, though I wouldn't mind some cool animations (like the bottom battle screen).

It'll be fun if they utilised the bottom screen more in actual gameplay though, like to move boulders around or like the puzzles in HG/SS with the ruins of Alph (correct me if i'm wrong).

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
I for one enjoy Musicals more then any other side-mini game.
But anyways, I understand what your saying. Currently noone has any information on ANY form of gameplay what-so-ever. The only thing we know of for sure is the names of the starters, and the names of the legendaries. We havnt even confirmed the location of this region. Yes I know its kind of obvious, that the region is based on France, but at this point still no actual facts have been reported.

The problem with Musicals was the lack of prizes and judging. I'd like to see an improved Musicals/Contest mash up with some awesome online features.

Aurath8

Oh that was in HG/SS? My mistake then. Yup, basically thats all we want. Hope the user interface stays clean and nice too, though I wouldn't mind some cool animations (like the bottom battle screen).

It'll be fun if they utilised the bottom screen more in actual gameplay though, like to move boulders around or like the puzzles in HG/SS with the ruins of Alph (correct me if i'm wrong).

I don't know why they just don't permanently place the game's menu there rather than having to summon it with the X button. The C-gear was useless when turned off and while the Poketch was nice I'd rather they have it like HGSS where the Pokegear was accessible from the menu rather than be permanently displayed.

Ampharoid

AMPHAROS TREYNUR
I don't know why they just don't permanently place the game's menu there rather than having to summon it with the X button. The C-gear was useless when turned off and while the Poketch was nice I'd rather they have it like HGSS where the Pokegear was accessible from the menu rather than be permanently displayed.

I would want to be able to switch through a set number of views for the bottom screen, in the middle of gameplay, like being able to switch through you're party view, items, contacts, badges, etc. all while riding the bike for example

willpower

Add my FC
About the minigames, nobody mentioned the PokeAthlon which was my favourite I would definitely like something similar to that over contests/musicals/filming.

Also the pokemon following you, I really miss that. Since HGSS it feels lonely to explore the areas in the game.

Aurath8

About the minigames, nobody mentioned the PokeAthlon which was my favourite I would definitely like something similar to that over contests/musicals/filming.

Also the pokemon following you, I really miss that. Since HGSS it feels lonely to explore the areas in the game.

I'm not sure how well the pokeathlon would work with 3D models. It certainly won't be as fast as in HGSS. imo, I wouldn't mind another pokestar studios as with the extra graphical power they could create some nice backgrounds/cutscenes.

What we need is a Poketch, but here's the catch: it can cycle through the different things like C-Gear, Items Menu, PokeNav, Xtransceiver, etc. just by tapping a left or right arrow or cycle through a list (Customizable cycling system), then we have all we need right there on the bottom screen. But to get to Options, Save, etc. we need to either press X/Select or have that hidden away in a place on the PMS (Pokemon Moblie System). I also think it would be cool to be able to move Pokemon in the PC system using the PMS, but you can't Deposit/Withdraw without a PC, so you don't go to the E4 and be like "Hurr durr trololol i gotz new pokiminz an u dont lol".

---

Or, a different idea, have like a mini-computer on our wrists that do all of the above except you have to open it's folder or file, and it will still have a Nav. menu so you can search for files. It's online features could be like that of computers: able to access the 'Internet', but more like the Nintendo Network or GTS and DW, etc. Really infinite possiblities. Minigames perhaps?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Or, a different idea, have like a mini-computer on our wrists that do all of the above except you have to open it's folder or file, and it will still have a Nav. menu so you can search for files. It's online features could be like that of computers: able to access the 'Internet', but more like the Nintendo Network or GTS and DW, etc. Really infinite possiblities. Minigames perhaps?

Yep. If not a mini-computer, they should implement a smart phone-like device. I think it's the best way to incorporate all the features of past devices into one.

We start off with basic apps as always (such as the clock, phone, notes), then get more free apps as we go along.
These apps can range from helpful apps such as Day-care checkers or berry checkers, to just mini-games.

Being a smart phone, it should grant access to wireless features as well.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi

agreed it would be nice if the ame designers would bring the whole walking pokemon feature back maybe with the ability to turn it on and off and decide wich character you want out of its pokeball without it being in the lead.

EonDragonFTW

How about we have the evs and ivs and happiness visible on the status screen?

Bramblefire

Aura Guardian
How about we have the evs and ivs and happiness visible on the status screen?

I can see this happening with happiness and maybe EVs. I'm not sure it should be on the status screen. Perhaps on the Poke-Device of this gen, or some specific item that could fulfill this purpose.

R_N

I can see this happening with happiness and maybe EVs. I'm not sure it should be on the status screen. Perhaps on the Poke-Device of this gen, or some specific item that could fulfill this purpose.

EVs I can see having a counter for. Happiness getting a proper meter would be nice as well
Doubt we'll ever get to see IVs

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Yep. If not a mini-computer, they should implement a smart phone-like device. I think it's the best way to incorporate all the features of past devices into one.

We start off with basic apps as always (such as the clock, phone, notes), then get more free apps as we go along.
These apps can range from helpful apps such as Day-care checkers or berry checkers, to just mini-games.

Being a smart phone, it should grant access to wireless features as well.

I don't think it'd be a smartphone, that's too much like the Pokegear. My money's on a tablet, that's a popular device we haven't used yet. I agree on the features you mentioned, though.

Ampharoid

AMPHAROS TREYNUR
I don't think it'd be a smartphone, that's too much like the Pokegear. My money's on a tablet, that's a popular device we haven't used yet. I agree on the features you mentioned, though.

That would be cool, you could interact perfectly with the touch screen, opening apps for certain functions, it would work perfectly. I just hope they have the Vs. Seeker. My favorite item for training, or redoing xp heavy battles

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
The problem with Musicals was the lack of prizes and judging. I'd like to see an improved Musicals/Contest mash up with some awesome online features.

*sings in opera voice* AWWHHHHHHHH!
Yes! I for one am a huge fan of musicals, but I found that they lack luster and excitement after I had collected all the musical props.
I want prizes, online features, maybe an overall goal to work towards like Pokestudios 'sort of' did.
I can totally agree with a Musical/Contest mashup.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails

a teblet would be cool.
What do you guys think about this:
you can purchase apps for it on the 3DS shop, and you can access it from the 3Ds main menu as a standalone.....thing (kinnda like how dram radar can interact with BW2)

Status
Not open for further replies.