• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

confuser987

Do you guys think that footage is an example of how the top screen looks like when we are in the moment of picking our move? I like that.

I'm hoping that that's correct, confuser. What I didn't like about the new footage was that there was no background music. If there's not background music, I WILL not buy this game.

I'm hoping that that's correct, confuser. What I didn't like about the new footage was that there was no background music. If there's not background music, I WILL not buy this game.
There has to be music, because this was said. Unless I have wrong information. :/
Masuda said:
We are aiming to deliver genuine entertainment that can be enjoyed simultaneously by people from all over the world.

Never-before-seen Pokémon that will be discovered for the first time by people from across the globe.

Pokémon that are brought to life and look as if they are right in front you.

Stunningly dynamic Pokémon battles.

Breathtakingly beautiful visuals that take full advantage of the 3DS hardware’s power.

An innovate communication system that will make you feel connected with players from around the world as you play the game.

A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger.

A story and music that can be enjoyed by all.

Whether this is the player’s first game, or if he or she is a veteran of the Pokémon series, our goal is to deliver genuine entertainment that will make all players smile, regardless of their age, gender, country, language, or culture.

The Pokémon series has always been more than just a game.

It’s a series that brings people together, and encourages them to get excited and have fun as if they were at a festival.

That is why I wanted to achieve my long-time dream of a worldwide simultaneous release with these new entries to the series.

Pokémon X and Pokémon Y–the evolved sixth generation of Pokémon.

Genuine entertainment that people have been waiting for is here.

October 2013.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I remembered that npcs in the pokemon stadiums in gen V use x defense and x speed items. Do you guys think more npcs(not bosses) will use items?

Trainers in the main games have done that, too. Misty used some sort of X item (IIRC, X Special) in RBYFRLG, and more recently, several Scientist trainers use them in BW2. That's nothing new.

I wonder what some of those attack animations in that Sylveon footage were? I think I saw Trump Card used on Gligar and Swift on Krookodile. They looked good though.

I didn't recognize that as Trump Card, but then again I never usually see that move. Anyway, here's what attacks I think were used:

-Focus Blast against Hariyama (probably a TM move for Sylveon)
-Trump Card against Gligar
-IDK what that shadowy looking move is
-Swift against Krookodile

Yeah they did look good, but I would have also liked to see some new gameplay footage as well. There was hardly anything new in that trailer.

I wouldn't quite say that, we have several new possibilities for past gen regional dex Pokemon now (Hariyama, Gligar, and Krookodile). Not confirmed, of course, but that's still something.

They probably want to hide the music for now, so they removed it.

gpt11

amazing the difference a month makes to the graphics the grass looked awful and dark when we first saw it now its bright green and looks good

Poetry

Dancing Mad

It's unlikely that they would have already completely finished composing and arranging the music at this early stage. Don't worry, they wouldn't take out the music out of the games for no good reason.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
The first move, the one used against Hariyama, is Fire-type. Pause the video at around the time the move connects, and you can see small fireballs exploding from the blast.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Good God, the graphics look like they've improved tenfold.

nuzamaki90

I think that ball move that hit Hariyama was Focus Blast honestly, I mean cant everyone in the Eevee family learn it?

If not, then I hope it's a new move, because that thing looked awesome.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
The first move, the one used against Hariyama, is Fire-type. Pause the video at around the time the move connects, and you can see small fireballs exploding from the blast.

It's possible, I didn't think it was Focus Blast because the animation looked different which is usually a sign of another move (in the trailer, Meinfoo clearly used Aura Sphere which looked similar to the previous gens animations). Then again I could be completely wrong.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
The camera angles definitely looked very "Colloseum" to me. I'm loving the battle graphics altogether, Wonder how the health bars and everything will look included... unless thats all on the touch screen now?

stevencloser

If those were not displayed on the top that would be pretty great actually, would make the battles seem more real and immersive if that's the right word.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
The first move Sylveon showed wasn't Focus Blast, I think. In the original trailer a Mienfoo used Focus Blast and it looked nothing like what Sylveon did.

Grey Wind

It looks an awful lot like Weather Ball to me.

Weather_Ball_Fire.png

I'm pretty sure the Electric looking move is new. The closest thing I can think of is Charge (or maybe Zap Cannon), and I don't see why Sylveon would be using either of those. Weather Ball kind of makes sense if it's Flying, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.