• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
I think the moves are all moves eevee can learn without evolving. Double-Edge, Trump Card, something else, and Swift.

Pie314

By the looks of it, personally, the ribbons look like scarves and the eyes look very Aviator-esque.
I would have hoped for something a little more graceful in a flying eeveeloution, but it seems not.
However in saying that... Sylveon...?

sylvan[ sil-vuhn ]
adjective
1.*of, pertaining to, or inhabiting the woods.
2.*consisting of or abounding in woods or trees; wooded; woody: a shady, sylvan glade.
3.*made of trees, branches, boughs, etc.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
By the looks of it, personally, the ribbons look like scarves and the eyes look very Aviator-esque.
I would have hoped for something a little more graceful in a flying eeveeloution, but it seems not.
However in saying that... Sylveon...?

sylvan[ sil-vuhn ]
adjective
1.*of, pertaining to, or inhabiting the woods.
2.*consisting of or abounding in woods or trees; wooded; woody: a shady, sylvan glade.
3.*made of trees, branches, boughs, etc.

this isnt the right thread to be talking about that last part... but i also thought i should mention that
"Sylv" can also be an onomatopoeia to the word "Sylph" which im sure you have already read about on various threads throught the X & Y discussion thread.

Pie314

this isnt the right thread to be talking about that last part... but i also thought i should mention that
"Sylv" can also be an onomatopoeia to the word "Sylph" which im sure you have already read about on various threads throught the X & Y discussion thread.

Is that a cheeky, sarcastic approach to telling me i'm in the wrong forum...?
A simple redirection would have been more pleasant.
But thanks anyway.

adamfitz

poké-lover
I can't wait to see the moves in this gen!
Such great graphics
Imagine, leafstorm,aqua ring,dragon dance, icicle spear, blizzard or Draco meteor.

icebolt

Aerial Ace
One thing I'd really like to see would be to see the Pokemon really using physical moves - for example, instead of a random sword animation, Grovyle uses Leaf Blade by having the leaves on its arms glow and then it jumps forward and slashes the opponent, like in the anime. That's gonna take a lot of work animating each individual Pokemon though so it's probably not gonna happen.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
One thing I'd really like to see would be to see the Pokemon really using physical moves - for example, instead of a random sword animation, Grovyle uses Leaf Blade by having the leaves on its arms glow and then it jumps forward and slashes the opponent, like in the anime. That's gonna take a lot of work animating each individual Pokemon though so it's probably not gonna happen.

Froakie did an attack that involved physical contact in the trailer.

Froakie approached Patrat and actually did a scratch motion before disappearing and being replaced with scratch/slash motion lines.

adamfitz

poké-lover
I think the ,moves will work like battle revolution
Pokemon having a special attack animation and a physical attack animation.

Everlasting

Everything stays.

I little bit like Pokémon Battle Revolution ?
As said by Wulava, Froakie did a physical contact. But I don't think it's gonna be the same for every single Physical move...

I wonder how much better fishing will look. You see the protagonist cast the line and maybe you can actually see it go underwater. That would be cool.

It think this time, we'll get something different. Instead of pulling a rod without nothing on its line, I'm pretty sure we'll have a shadow of a fish every time you're taking out of the water a Pokémon. Instead of seeing every fish that you're fishing, we'll see a normal Magikarp shadow to represent every water Pokémon you're fishing. Something like this.

Last edited:
It think this time, we'll get something different. Instead of pulling a rod without nothing on its line, I'm pretty sure we'll have a shadow of a fish every time you're taking out of the water a Pokémon. Instead of seeing every fish that you're fishing, we'll see a normal Magikarp shadow to represent every water Pokémon you're fishing. Something like this.

Whoa, that's an awesome idea. I'd love that, that's even better than the one I thought of.

Sealotic

^ Or maybe control the fishing rod. Control it underwater and try to catch a pokemon by touching it slowly... there are many ways to create somthing interesting ! :D

Everlasting

Everything stays.
^ Or maybe control the fishing rod. Control it underwater and try to catch a pokemon by touching it slowly... there are many ways to create somthing interesting ! :D

That's interesting, but, in that way, you could catch what Pokémon you want in a single fishing. Or if you are fishing a single Pokémon, you'll have to catch it (and there will only be the Pokémon that you actually fished). Yeah, that's not bad, but it will be a lot of work and too much time for the person who wants a Pokémon by fishing.

And maybe jump in the water to catch a fish with your hands when you haven't had a bite yet.
I'm hoping that the Trainer is present during the battles, I'd love to see them. And even if moves like Surf and Hyper Beam were to be used, the Trainer would be okay, because Colosseum and XD both showed that they'll survive. :D

adamfitz

poké-lover
I'd love to see the trainers just the same amount as black and white.

Sealotic

Ohhhhh, I don't know if you guys ever dream about this, but I do and I'm coming with my point ! :D

I would truly love that facial expressions of Pokemon and character would be logic. Not in the anim', let me explain.

You are in a battle, you win (as usual I hope :p). Your opponent is saying ''Omg, I lose bouhouuuuuuhou'' with a big smile. Hmm ? What if this opponent was crying instead of being totally the same as the beginning of the battle ? The game will be in 3D so it would be more interesting I guess !

For the pokemon point. Pokemons are often Burnt, poisoned, paralyzed, frozen, asleep... but we only see it by a little colored dot with 3 letters in it and when the turn is done for this pokemon. In the 5th generation, this point was improve : asleep pokemons had closed eyes and status were define by colors. But what about the others ? Like in the pokemon stadium on nintendo 64 (if you guys know it) a frozen pokemon would really be frozen in real ice. So, it would be cool that a Burnt pokemon would have a little flame on it and would look hurt. A paralyzed pokemon, who you just used Glare on it, would look frightened.

Do you think it would be nice ? Do you have some things to add to this idea ?

You are in a battle, you win (as usual I hope :p). Your opponent is saying ''Omg, I lose bouhouuuuuuhou'' with a big smile. Hmm ? What if this opponent was crying instead of being totally the same as the beginning of the battle ? The game will be in 3D so it would be more interesting I guess !
We got this before in Colosseum, XD and Battle Revolution. So, I approve. :D
For the pokemon point. Pokemons are often Burnt, poisoned, paralyzed, frozen, asleep... but we only see it by a little colored dot with 3 letters in it and when the turn is done for this pokemon. In the 5th generation, this point was improve : asleep pokemons had closed eyes and status were define by colors. But what about the others ? Like in the pokemon stadium on nintendo 64 (if you guys know it) a frozen pokemon would really be frozen in real ice. So, it would be cool that a Burnt pokemon would have a little flame on it and would look hurt. A paralyzed pokemon, who you just used Glare on it, would look frightened.
Hmmm, that sounds really interesting, I'm thinking most of the appear. Like being frozen and sleeping. Being burned and frightened are the only two that are kind of skeptical to me, but I'd love it if they appeared.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Ohhhhh, I don't know if you guys ever dream about this, but I do and I'm coming with my point ! :D

I would truly love that facial expressions of Pokemon and character would be logic. Not in the anim', let me explain.

Do you think it would be nice ? Do you have some things to add to this idea ?

Hmmm
I think the only improvements I see happening would be
Maybe sparks when a Pokemon trays to move after been paralyzed ect..,
Or maybe when posions or burned it reacts to the damage?

Sealotic

Hmmm, that sounds really interesting, I'm thinking most of the appear. Like being frozen and sleeping. Being burned and frightened are the only two that are kind of skeptical to me, but I'd love it if they appeared.

Scary face and Gare are two attacks that should scared according to me :$ !
So that's why pokemon should look frightened because doing Scary face on a happy Jigglypuff, and it stays happy... yeah, actually I would ran away.

Wait, scratch that. All the status problems will most likely appear, because in the 3D console games they did, so it may pass over to these games. When paralyzed, sparks came out. When frozen, your Pokemon was in ice. When asleep, your Pokemon was asleep. When burnt, a flame appeared every turn and when poisoned, small clouds of poison appeared. So, it's highly likely we'll see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.