• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CptDrDigi

Chickity China
We most likely won't be able to trade, but there will be some post game send up feature.

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
I'm excited to see what they can pull off with 3D models. Really just hoping for natural movements for a more fluid battle, but it's quite impossible to determine how it is going to look with, like, 30 seconds of battle gameplay.

Don't know why people are so upset with the models. I mean, it would be like complaining about Mario because he is no longer a sprite. I mean, I will miss the sprites, but the games gotta keep on evolving. They would have to use models at some point, so why not in the 3DS game?

I really want a transfer in this game, want to check out all my favorite Pokémon, 3D model style!

EnragedSwalot

I think that the graphics look really good, but the protagonist of X and Y looks a bit like the main character from the new Animal Crossing... Ah, whatever. I feel as if these graphics are going to turn some people away, which is disappointing. I also think that Gen 6 will be Awesome!

MusicMan

Fire Master
I still love the old gameplay graphics... actually i wished for different movements in battle but , i hope it's going to be great.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
Please remember that recorded video of 3DS games usually suck bawls. Like they really generally suck and can't really be judged fairly until you actually see it on a 3DS.

joej m

Club Double Trouble
ever since i saw battle revolution i have been waiting for this. i am SO happy they updated the graphics.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
imo about this new upgaming game is a bit harsh in my opinion...being a first generation person i personally don't mind the graphics i think its a step up and the pokemon attacks actually move for once...i hated how my boyfriend would make fun of that XD but anyway imo the pokemon new layout though is a bit horrible...im very dissapointed on the art style side of the the new pokemon...the graphics are amazing but the pokemon i want to puke...im not saying it will be a horrible game to play...im just saying i think nintendo is getting to the end of stretching and tryin something new to far...in a sum up about the game outside graphics for the 3ds is very nice but imo i really don't like the new pokemon set graphics...

~Silver Aura~

Back...ish
I really like the battle graphics too. A major step up. I quite like the wild pokemon encounter sequence too. (If that's what it was.) Imagine coming across a shiny!

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
It's still possible that sprites could be used for the Pokedex and for Pokemon summaries. It'll be interesting to see what our bag is going to look like inside.

Rakurai

I'm hoping they'll touch up the graphics a bit for the final release.

Compared to, say, PMD: Gates to Infinity, it's not that great for a 3DS game. Then again, it might've been necessary to go with lower quality graphics in order for them to feasibly fit all 649+ Pokemon in the game.

I am loving what I've seen of the battles regardless, though.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Hopefully, these fights will be faster-paced than they were on the old console games. I'm not here for eye candy, I'm here to prove my worth as best Pokemon Trainer in the history of me, and the last thing we need is to spend an entire minute to one-shot a Patrat.

Wondering how animations off will work for this game. It'll definitely seem odd.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Hopefully, these fights will be faster-paced than they were on the old console games. I'm not here for eye candy, I'm here to prove my worth as best Pokemon Trainer in the history of me, and the last thing we need is to spend an entire minute to one-shot a Patrat.

Wondering how animations off will work for this game. It'll definitely seem odd.

agreed.

anything will be better than the horrible animated sprites.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
I am very excited for the new gameplay. It gives players a reason to continue. Really, I love the style they had (and will miss it) but I am definitely prepared to try this. It looks great, and I will burst of joy as I slide the cartridge into my black 3DS. The open world style and new battle mechanics will be practically, a different game! I love it.

R_N

It seems most of the animations are fairly quick (the longest seemed to be Inferno) and I dont' see them going back to a slow text crawl or having the HP go down after the attack hits (Even PBR fixed that).

Assuming they have animations off (which they might not...), I could see them instead using a stock punch/tackle animation for physicals and a quick bound for specials/status. Something that has the pokemon not just stand there but will be quick enough so that it ends before the text crawl finishes.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
IIRC (don't bash me to death if this is wrong, the last console fighter I played was XD:GoD like a year ago), what took so long in the past was the need to watch the Pokemon prep their attacks, stepping back and tilting their head for special attacks and running up for physical attacks. If they remove that, it'll probably be way quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.