• Hi all
    Just a notice, we recently discovered that someone got into a moderator account and started hard deleting a load of key and legacy threads...around 150 threads have been lost dating back to 2007 and some weeks ago so we can't roll the forums back.
    Luckily no personal data could be accessed by this moderator, and we've altered the permissions so hard deleting isn't possible in the future
    Sorry for any inconvenience with this and sorry for any lost posts.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
I personally don't like the setup of the game at all. It's turning into a Digimon-style. Oh well, I'll still probably get it.

You've GOT to be kidding. I thought the whole Pokemon vs. Digimon thing was over with? It looks nothing like any of the Digimon games I've seen or played.

illucio

The Illusionist
I don't understand why people are complaining about the 3D graphics. FANS HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR THIS SINCE THE N64 DAYS (Granted the game isn't on the Wii U.)
I don't care if the sprites are gone, sure it will kill off some of the fan love but it's about time Pokemon made this transition. Sprites can only go so far until they make too much space, believe it or not 3D models make much less room because you have to coordinate on how pokemon move or react instead of making every movement/reaction through pixels.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
There goes the need for a 3D title for the Wii U...

Just hoping for fluent animation like in Battle Revolution but it doesn't look like the case however nobody has the right to judge. Generation 5 went by fast, oh well. All I'm hoping for is online matches like in generation 4.

spiller

I don't care if the sprites are gone, sure it will kill off some of the fan love but it's about time Pokemon made this transition. Sprites can only go so far until they make too much space, believe it or not 3D models make much less room because you have to coordinate on how pokemon move or react instead of making every movement/reaction through pixels.

i think the new 3d models look a little like the 2d sprites theres a picture of the grass starter on pokebeach in game and looks like both 2d and 3d at the same time

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The enhanced graphics will take some getting used to. At the moment, I think it's kind of neat that everything looks so snazzy, but at the same time I'm going to miss the old graphics. Oh well, at least the Pokemon battles in these games look more intense. That's all that really matters to me to be honest.

I've always been skeptical of 3D being in the main series games, but I've got to take it back. The graphics are such a nice mix of the cute chibi style that we all love while adding realism, and the battle system is pretty snazzy and exciting looking.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
The graphics look like they were out of the new pokemon mystery dungeon and believe me those are some pretty good graphics (even though I don't care about graphics in a game).

Oh. My. Arceus. The graphics are so beautiful, I was so amazed by it. I was like "this isn't a Pokemon game. (O.O)" The 3DS is amazing on graphics. Everything looks so unique. I want to savoir this experience. :D

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
The battles look so much better than they have in the last five generations. They're actually exciting to look at and have more flair.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
As awesome as the 3D graphics are, I'm upset that the sprites are gone since we won't be able to make trainer cards or anything like that anymore

Plus, it feels more like pokémon stadium than a main series game. So this is going to take a lot of getting used to

i think the new 3d models look a little like the 2d sprites theres a picture of the grass starter on pokebeach in game and looks like both 2d and 3d at the same time
You're right, it kind of reminds me of the art style from the Sly Cooper games

Last edited:

Ghoster23

Ghostly
I don't think they will be completely in proportion but also not completely out of it after all in the trailer you can see the size difference between chespin and golurk. Now when it comes to huge pokemons like wailord who knows what will be the approach they'll take.

Psycho Cut

3D is fantastic for Pokémon games in my opinion. I'm just glad that we've moved away from that little pixelated Sprite we normally get and it looks like they'll be taking what they did with Castelia to a whole new level. Also appreciating the more Battle Revolution-esque style of graphics. Thinking this could be a real landmark.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
You guys know that the 3DS has a Circle Pad and a D-Pad, right?

There's no reason you can't use the Circle Pad for movement and the D-Pad for camera.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
3D is fantastic for Pokémon games in my opinion. I'm just glad that we've moved away from that little pixelated Sprite we normally get and it looks like they'll be taking what they did with Castelia to a whole new level. Also appreciating the more Battle Revolution-esque style of graphics. Thinking this could be a real landmark.

Agreed. Thank God I got a 3DS for my birthday 4 months ago xD

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
You guys know that the 3DS has a Circle Pad and a D-Pad, right?

There's no reason you can't use the Circle Pad for movement and the D-Pad for camera.

Wouldn't the other way around make more sense? There's not much point in using the Circle Pad for movement if you're still stuck on a grid, but if the camera can be freely controlled, it might be better to map it there.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Wouldn't the other way around make more sense? There's not much point in using the Circle Pad for movement if you're still stuck on a grid, but if the camera can be freely controlled, it might be better to map it there.

I was thinking more in terms of how I don't want my thumb to hurt after constantly holding down the lower input.

sagittar

Hi remind me to change this
I knew it was only a matter of time until the battles looked like those of Dragon Quest IX...
The next thing they're going to do is ditch the random encounters...

Status
Not open for further replies.