• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To everyone talking about how some of the graphics are a little blurry or whatever, just remember the graphics will even and to high quality when you put it in 3D mode.

Serebii!

One feature I have always wanted since I started playing Pokemon was to be able to use the L and R buttons to rotate the screen I kinda hope something like that is in this game

Zexiontwo

Cursed sun...
To be honest, I've always like the flat battles and never like the 3D games like PokePark. It's kind of one of those things that just shouldn't be messed with in my opinion.

Jinvaani

I knew it was only a matter of time until the battles looked like those of Dragon Quest IX...

That is exactly the same thing that I thought... and I don't even play Dragon Quest.

I am glad it changed though, it couldn't have kept going the same way forever.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
I think the main male protag looks like Hilbert with Darker Clothing + wierd hat and the BW2 bag.

Personally though I loved the look of it...and I've been playing since gen 2.

Pretty much every other game had moved out of using sprites and Game Freak wouldn't want to be left behind.

RedTroopa

Flame Trainer
I remember when I first saw the back sprites in Black/White. I thought it was blurry, but I got used to it. I guess it'll happen this time again.

Well you might not have to. Every 3DS game trailer says that the video is footage of a 3D game being viewed on a 2D format but this trailer didn't say that, so I'll bet that the graphics are being worked on and will look much better when the game comes out.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Well you might not have to. Every 3DS game trailer says that the video is footage of a 3D game being viewed on a 2D format but this trailer didn't say that, so I'll bet that the graphics are being worked on and will look much better when the game comes out.

I think that as well. THe grpahics looked more like a Tech Demo as of anything. Since I'm sure this is still part of graphics dicussion, what if he had the option to switch between 3D and SD (Sprite Definition)?

Yea, but I was like that when BW came out. Now looking at it again, I don't get that feeling anymore.

confuser987

What if they will incorporate the external D-pad. I hope we don't have to view in only one direction. I would love it if i can rotate my perspective while i walk around.

ninijatt

Half, ninja, half cat, all attitude
This looks very good. Though, I'd prefer the overhead view that we have instead of that close-to-the-ground-view that was shown. But, you never know. I'll be sad to see the sprites go but, I like this. The battle look a lot like pokemon stadium. I always thought that a combination of Stadium and the handheld games would be great. This is practically a dream come true.

blackterminator3

I am going to get the devil it's due. I am really liking the graphics in this game. It's looks promising.

diakyu

I remember when I first saw the back sprites in Black/White. I thought it was blurry, but I got used to it. I guess it'll happen this time again.
Don't worry, the graphics will look much better on your 3DS. I learned this when I played KI:U. KI:U doesn't look that graphical pleasing on the internet, but when I put it in I found out it was one of the best looking nintendo handheld title out there.

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
The graphics for these games look promising. I will say, though, I'm going to miss the sprite-based style of graphics from generations I through V. It's grown on me in a way.
But I enjoyed the graphics style of Dragon Quest IX, and X and Y's graphics seem to be pretty similar.

I like the graphical style it kinda reminded me of Animal Crossing/Harvest Moon with a bit of Bomberman Generations thrown in. Cute and cartoony. I must say I will miss the 2D sprites but I'm ready for a fully 3D adventure!

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
So is no one paying attention that we might be able to switch between 3D and SD? I know they made some 2D games for the 3DS...

Luxvan

Mozilla Fennekin
I'm not sure how I feel about the new overworld look. It's quite a heavy change compared to the two gens and even the moderate changes in 5th gen I was iffy about (though it was pretty shitty in some places anyway).
The new battles though, they look better than ever.

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
So it looks like we have finally caught up to the way battles were portrayed in the console Pokemon games. I'll wait to completely pass judgment when we get more information and screens, but I personally have never really been a fan of the way that the battles were portrayed in that way.

More interestingly, I think it would be inventive if you changed from 3D to 2D that it would revert back to the now "old school" style of battling. I think that would take a lot more effort than it would be worth, I am sure of that. Nintendo has completely revolutionized the Pokemon world as we know it with this new game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.