• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
I hope the Music does not change to much, like the Battle theme and stuff. Other then that, they can update the pokemon cries and other stuff.

Also I am kind hoping the Pokedex is in 2d, or the pokemon stat pages are. That way we can still get some 2d sprite. I don't think that will happen, but I am hoping it is lol.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
OH MY ARCEUS. I can't believe it. I'm shocked... Considering I haven't memorized the names of the ones from Gen V, I don't think I'll be buying this one when it comes out.. WOW
then we'll have over 800.

Then don't buy it, pokemon is about capturing diferent pokemon and using them in battle if you don't like that, why have you been a pokemon fan?

To me and probably to most pokemon fans the more the merrier if thats not your thing drop the series.

Then that boy is a fool.

Don't like them, don't catch them. The trailer shows that there's going to be old Pokemon in the game too. Catch those.

gliscor&yanmega

Do we really need 100 more Pokemanz?!

We never needed one Pokemon to begin with...not a matter of need at all.

The games are here for those who want to play it, not interested, then don't play and move on to something new. They will continue to make new Pokemon each generation, they know a lot of people want that and they will continue to give them that until the franchise dies(Or they decide to call it quits, or most likely, the world blows up).

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
Don't like them, don't catch them. The trailer shows that there's going to be old Pokemon in the game too. Catch those.
I am not sure if thats true, they could have just used old pokemon so they won't have to show off any more new pokemon then they did.

But I am hoping you can catch older ones lol.

Yeah like they dub each one of them with their anime cries.
Ya something like that would be great! And a good update.

gliscor&yanmega

I am not sure if thats true, they could have just used old pokemon so they won't have to show off any more new pokemon then they did.

It was mentioned in the trailer that there are old ones to catch I'm pretty sure. Plus they could have just shown the Starters attacking each other.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Iwata clearly stated in the announcement that there's going to be old Pokemon in this.

We saw a Patrat, a Magikarp, a Kirlia and a Golurk. There was also a statue of a Golurk next to a Paliptoad and it was holding an Evee. There doesn't seem to be anything that indicates this is post game content considering it seemed early in game. I think it's safe to assume it's going to be a mixed dex unless for whatever reason, they decided to flaunt post game content.

hever

022611229PM
We never needed one Pokemon to begin with...not a matter of need at all.

The games are here for those who want to play it, not interested, then don't play and move on to something new. They will continue to make new Pokemon each generation, they know a lot of people want that and they will continue to give them that until the franchise dies(Or they decide to call it quits, or most likely, the world blows up).

Yup and that's what I'm doing. Merely voicing my opinion here. The glory of Pokemon died in Gen 4. RIP true Pokemon, hello crappy ones.

Yup and that's what I'm doing. Merely voicing my opinion here. The glory of Pokemon died in Gen 4. RIP true Pokemon, hello crappy ones.

But.. you haven't even seen all of them. Only five have been revealed, so you can't really say that all of them are crappy yet. When they are all released, then you have every right to bash them, but you are judging an entire generation based off of something you haven't even seen.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
Ok sorry people XD must have miss that, I just though that showing them in the trailer does not 100% mean that you will be able to catch them right from the start.

illucio

The Illusionist
So potentially we have anywhere between 150 or less New Pokemon this Gen. It can't succeed to 800 Pokemon because then they would had said so. Man.. I wonder which Pokemon will have the honor of number 1,000?

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
So potentially we have anywhere between 150 or less New Pokemon this Gen. It can't succeed to 800 Pokemon because then they would had said so. Man.. I wonder which Pokemon will have the honor of number 1,000?

If it was just 700 it would be 56 new pokemon (if I did the math right) so it would have to be 794 to be 150 new pokemon, and I don't think it will go that high. Maybe 106 new ones so it 750 total.

illucio

The Illusionist

Some people think the glory of Pokemon died with the original 151 (Or 153 if you include Ho-Oh and Togepi.) But then people argued the 2nd Gen was always going to happened and that the main series ended with Gold and Silver. But newer fans thought the 3rd Gen was the Final Glory, or so did 4th Gen fans.

Long story short, some people find some designs crappy but get used to them, there are terrible designs in the 1st-4th gen in peoples opinion. But again, PEOPLES OPINION. Just because you don't like the design doesn't mean they are not true Pokemon.

Personally I'm laughing because you feel as thoughl the 4th Gen is when true Pokemon died. When I for one hand never heard anyone regard the 4th Gen as a "True" Generation. I can see the Point of Arceus, but again Pokemon aren't Gods that was clearly expressed in Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. Or did you smash B and didn't bother to read any text?)

Odds are that you are getting the game and you are going to enjoy it. So stop denying your love, because we all know your going to like the X and Y like the rest of us.

Last edited:

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
I hope they give the protagonist a personality like in LOZ Windwaker and use cutscene like dialog. Since your character blinks, facial expressions shouldn't be too much of a stretch. This game reminds me so much of windwaker and can really be an aesthetically pleasing experience if done well. Oh, and customization yadda yadda I wanna be able to look like myself in game yadda yadda. Also, still no pokemon following you? WHY NOT!? YOU HAVE 3D MODELS NOW GAMEFREAK! It could have been SO easy to implement them in game...

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
I hope they give the protagonist a personality like in LOZ Windwaker and use cutscene like dialog. Since your character blinks, facial expressions shouldn't be too much of a stretch. This game reminds me so much of windwaker and can really be an aesthetically pleasing experience if done well. Oh, and customization yadda yadda I wanna be able to look like myself in game yadda yadda. Also, still no pokemon following you? WHY NOT!? YOU HAVE 3D MODELS NOW GAMEFREAK! It could have been SO easy to implement them in game...
Facial expressions would be cool.

No voice acting though lol, unless we get to pick from a set of voices. Also I am really hoping for customization for hair color, eyes color, and outfits XD but that has been a dream of mine so the GBA games. lol

If there is customization, I'm hoping that we will get to choose our default facial expression, because having that eternal smile is going to creep me out. Facial expressions are a must at this point because if the MC is smiling while legendaries are destroying the world or something, it will make our players look like sadistic villains.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
If there is customization, I'm hoping that we will get to choose our default facial expression, because having that eternal smile is going to creep me out. Facial expressions are a must at this point because if the MC is smiling while legendaries are destroying the world or something, it will make our players look like sadistic villains.

Haha, I see what you mean XD that would be so funny to see though. "Pokemon X and Y, where you smile while the world burns!"

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails

*walks up to bad guy grunt*
"What?"
*smiles*
"what.do.you.want!?"
*smiles*
*takes a few steps back* "umm..."
*smiles*

yeah, i see your point. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.