• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

80p

lol yeah I never quite got a chance to go out and get BW2 and lately I've been playing SS since theres not much to do after the E4 in BW. Hopefully XY have some sort of post-game content instead of having to wait for the third installment.

hevver

Heart of Darkness
lol yeah I never quite got a chance to go out and get BW2 and lately I've been playing SS since theres not much to do after the E4 in BW. Hopefully XY have some sort of post-game content instead of having to wait for the third installment.

Yeah like travel to other regions. HA doubt it but that would be nice.

80p

haha yeah that would be a dream come true. I know they said they were not going to ever make a pokemon MMO but I think if they ever decide to end the series they should end it with a Pokemon MMO. What would be nice though is if they did something like FR and LG where you have other islands to go to afterwards that have seperate "gyms" if you will. Sort of like the Orange Islands or something.. that would be pretty sweet. I'm just hoping for a battle frontier at least though.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
I somehow never read this thread yet as I was busy with the other ones. My favourite idea stated in this thread is if the Pokemon's cries were updated. Imagine using Pikachu's thunderbolt as it screams 'Piiiikaaaaaa-CHUUUUUU!' omg I would love that more than anything! *fingers crossed*

fahademon

Lugia Master
I'd love to actually hear a Dialga's roar while using Roar of Time.

gtk

duurrrr...
Normally I like Pokemon games to feel like 1st or 2nd Gen, with the pixels and whatnot. Just because it brings back good feelings...I'm actually pretty stoked to play this game, even though it's very different, due to the graphics and 3D effects. I also think the camera angles and the way Pokemon attack and react to attacks looks pretty rad. I think it all looks really awesome.

McNugget

The Bassist
I for one enjoy the new graphics. Not only are they 3D but they are timeless. It is like Wind Waker and how it looks great then, still looks good because it was cartoon style. The opposite being something realistic such as Golden Eye for the 64 which looks crappier over the years.

My only concern is the grid system. Can it still be done with this new approach? Or will it be like the GCN games where controls are free and fluid?

Xadium

Poliwhirl Enthusiast
Yeah, I think anything else than grid-based movement would be bad for Pokemon. This is just my opinion.

Unredemption

I suppose anything other than grid-based movement will require an overhaul of game mechanics. Random encounters would be trickier without defined tiles, and hatching eggs would require something new too.

mew92

I suppose anything other than grid-based movement will require an overhaul of game mechanics. Random encounters would be trickier without defined tiles, and hatching eggs would require something new too.

How about 3ds's step counter for hatching eggs

indospot

How about 3ds's step counter for hatching eggs

That would make it too hard to hatch the eggs, IMO. It would still be fine (and would definitely stimulate exercising), though, it's not too bad of an idea. Using the internal clock for hatching seems like an easier way, but then it'd be pretty easy to fool the system.

FennekinFan

That would make it too hard to hatch the eggs, IMO. It would still be fine (and would definitely stimulate exercising), though, it's not too bad of an idea. Using the internal clock for hatching seems like an easier way, but then it'd be pretty easy to fool the system.

Not necessarily. I know nintendo have added some ways to prevent the system being fooled by use of the internal clock for other games, so it is possible (if you want an example, the Nintendogs game for 3ds prevents pretty much anything being done if you mess with the system)

Aurath8

I'm against using the clock because it means you have no control on exactly how fast or when an egg hatches and I expect GF will make egg hatching a very long process, like 15-40 minutes per egg or maybe even hours.

Xadium

Poliwhirl Enthusiast
Eggs hatching via time passing instead of steps sounds awesome. If it were real, it would be something I would be excited for.

Ryechuu

You know.....
It is still about nine months before the games come out. There is a possibility that the footage shown was mainly alpha gameplay and that the graphics will be improved throughout that period.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Eggs hatching via time passing instead of steps sounds awesome. If it were real, it would be something I would be excited for.

I would rather have them implement three features:

:: Special Incubator Box in the PC. Place your Pokemon eggs in this PC box and wait for the egg to hatch once it reached the required time. Imagine hatching 30 eggs all at once.
:: Same old mechanic. Hatch eggs via steps normally in the game when you have them in your Party.
:: Utilize the pedometer function of the 3DS (only in Sleep-mode). Add the number of steps you took into the eggs you have in your party.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
I would rather have them implement three features:

:: Special Incubator Box in the PC. Place your Pokemon eggs in this PC box and wait for the egg to hatch once it reached the required time. Imagine hatching 30 eggs all at once.
:: Same old mechanic. Hatch eggs via steps normally in the game when you have them in your Party.
:: Utilize the pedometer function of the 3DS (only in Sleep-mode). Add the number of steps you took into the eggs you have in your party.

I actually really like these ideas as mechanics. You could go into your PC and specify that you want a certain box to be an 'Incubator Box' so you can just go and deposit 30 eggs into like seven boxes...that's 210 new Pokes all at once! Way easier for breeding for a shiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.