• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ver-mont

I think they might keep sprites for the Pokedex and moving Pokemon in the boxes, it'll only be in battles that we'll see the models. Those are just my thoughts though.

Let's hope so. I liked the 3D models, but I just love the sprites.

SilverFox

So sly
Let's hope so. I liked the 3D models, but I just love the sprites.

I think the 3D models will only work best on the small cute cartooney Pokemon like Pikachu, Eevee, etc. Kind of worried how some of the bigger/cooler pokemon like Arcanine, Houndoom, Haxorus, just to name a few, will look though.

Aurath8

I think the 3D models will only work best on the small cute cartooney Pokemon like Pikachu, Eevee, etc. Kind of worried how some of the bigger/cooler pokemon like Arcanine, Houndoom, Haxorus, just to name a few, will look though.

Go look at the pokedex 3D models. It's more or less going to be that, from what we've seen so far. I don't have 3D pro, so I don't know how Arcanine/Houndoom look but I can vouch that Haxorus still looks awesome.
In fact I'd bet one of the reasons they released the app is to let us get used to 3d models of pokemon.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Go look at the pokedex 3D models. It's more or less going to be that, from what we've seen so far. I don't have 3D pro, so I don't know how Arcanine/Houndoom look but I can vouch that Haxorus still looks awesome.
In fact I'd bet one of the reasons they released the app is to let us get used to 3d models of pokemon.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Pokedex 3D is a glorified tech demo for XY.

GravityStorm

Got it memorized?
^It's clear in the trailer that they won't be using the models from 3D pro, but I'm sure they can pull off great models for the larger and "cooler" Pokemon too.

Cerex

I'm worried about this too. Especially with very large Pokemon. I'm also really concerned with how the moves will be visualized. To save space they will probably have stock visualizations for most moves, but that will get irritating when you see your Charizard using Flamethrower and the flame is starting by its stomach rather than coming from its mouth. At least Metronome will result in some hilarious YouTube videos.

And I will just destroy my copy of the game is Seaking and Wailord are floating in the air.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
^It's clear in the trailer that they won't be using the models from 3D pro, but I'm sure they can pull off great models for the larger and "cooler" Pokemon too.

They don't have to. What I mean is that Pokedex 3D was little more than a way for them to fiddle around with 3D models and battling for XY.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I really adore how the decided to make the 3D Sprites. The console Pokémon Stadium games looks to bland and stale, but the Pokémon here all have black/dark outlines, and that makes a huge differance, me thinks.

Cerex

That's bound to happen. Them battling on land wouldn't make sense. Magikarp on the other hand does.
It doesn't have to. In all of the areas you can encounter Pokemon you could place some body of water for fish type Pokemon to be in. Even in the desert you could have an oasis. Like how Hippowdon is partially submerged in sand. But if they don't do that, they still don't need them to be floating in the air. Seaking can sit on its stomach, and much of the others could sit/stand in some fashion.

And then there are even weirder ones like Dewgong who floats in the air, while Walrein sits. So it is possible.

It doesn't have to. In all of the areas you can encounter Pokemon you could place some body of water for fish type Pokemon to be in. Even in the desert you could have an oasis. Like how Hippowdon is partially submerged in sand. But if they don't do that, they still don't need them to be floating in the air. Seaking can sit on its stomach, and much of the others could sit/stand in some fashion.

And then there are even weirder ones like Dewgong who floats in the air, while Walrein sits. So it is possible.

Now I agree with you about the body of water though, but any other way, I don't think it's possible. I highly doubt we'll see Pokemon that need water to battle with on land. :/

jakovu

I think the models ARE from Pokédex 3D Pro, just concerted to cel-shading. I hope they fix the Flamethrower from the chest thing though.

Greekboy

I'm hoping that Magikarp, while battling on land, is flopping around like a fish, that would be entertaining to watch!

can anyone read this?

I don't even think that's a language, but I've seen someone like that post that same thing on another thread, I just ignored it...

Sadarac

I like 3D, Only reason I ever played PBR. Makes me excited :D I hope that the overworld 3D is awesome and the particle effects for moves are epic too!

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I don't get it, lots have always dreamt of a 3D Pokemon generation without sprites but now some are going to miss the sprites. What iz up with this?

It how the pokemon fandom works, sadly :( . I think thats why GF was so cautious of making the jump to 3D.
I , personally, never expected such an outcry against the ending of sprite though. Meh.. people will get used to it anyway.

Ver-mont

I don't get it, lots have always dreamt of a 3D Pokemon generation without sprites but now some are going to miss the sprites. What iz up with this?

I'm definitely not one of the "lots" you mentioned. When it comes to Pokémon, I've always loved the sprites and never really liked the 3D models -- even though I do think the new ones look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.