• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lishus13

Poli-Spriter!
The moves are definitely Giga Impact, Trump Card, Yawn, and then Swift.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
It looks an awful lot like Weather Ball to me.

Weather_Ball_Fire.png

I'm pretty sure the Electric looking move is new. The closest thing I can think of is Charge (or maybe Zap Cannon), and I don't see why Sylveon would be using either of those. Weather Ball kind of makes sense if it's Flying, too.

How would it make sense if it's Weather Ball? There are only three Flying-types that can learn Weather Ball and two of them are Ho-Oh and Lugia, Drifloon can only learn it through breeding.

Well the first move is definitely not Giga Impact considering it's obviously not a Physical move...the third one doesn't resemble Yawn at all, it looks like an electric type move, it kind of looks like Zap Cannon.

Last edited:

adamfitz

poké-lover

I'm with you on those
All but yawn, I mean it was a bit much for yawn seemed like psy up or nasty plot
A stat building move.

And firs at was either giga impact or super power

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
How would it make sense if it's Weather Ball? There are only three Flying-types that can learn Weather Ball and two of them are Ho-Oh and Lugia, Drifloon can only learn it through breeding.

Then Slyveon would be the 4th...

If it's a Flying-Type that is

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Then Slyveon would be the 4th...

If it's a Flying-Type that is

But it's a weird move though. And I mean that as it's not that common. There's Castform, Roserade, Ho-Oh, Lugia, and (somehow...) Vanilluxe that can learn it by level up. All the other Pokémon that can learn is by breeding or other special ways. I don't think that move is Weather Ball, not at all.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
But it's a weird move though. And I mean that as it's not that common. There's Castform, Roserade, Ho-Oh, Lugia, and (somehow...) Vanilluxe that can learn it by level up. All the other Pokémon that can learn is by breeding or other special ways. I don't think that move is Weather Ball, not at all.

True but Slyveon is a new Pokemon so they can make it's move pool whatever they want. Even if it wasn't new they could just alter it's move pool in a new gen so that it would learn Weather Ball. There have been plenty of Pokemon that were not able to learn a move in a prior gen but in a latter gen they are able to.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I would totally love Weather Ball for Sylveon. It's not like if it wasn't cool at all !
Here, notice by yourself. It's totally a sun form. I can't see why are people speculating Focus Blast. First, it's very similar to a fire attack, or a hot temperature move (Brave Bird is an example of none-fire type move with hot temperature). Am I the only one who see flames ?

Last edited:

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
True but Slyveon is a new Pokemon so they can make it's move pool whatever they want. Even if it wasn't new they could just alter it's move pool in a new gen so that it would learn Weather Ball. There have been plenty of Pokemon that were not able to learn a move in a prior gen but in a latter gen they are able to.

I understand that, don't get me wrong, it's just I don't see them giving her Weather Ball. It's such an oddball move. Honestly I think it could be a new move.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
From what we've seen of the battle footage of the new games, can we assume that the HP/XP bar has been shifted permanently to the bottom screen or does it simply disappear from the screen during attacks so that players can focus on the shiny new cinematic animations?

Or has GF simply not finished designing it yet?

jakovu

I think the third move wasn't an attacking move, notice how Sylveon just stands there and no other Pokémon are seen.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
From what we've seen of the battle footage of the new games, can we assume that the HP/XP bar has been shifted permanently to the bottom screen or does it simply disappear from the screen during attacks so that players can focus on the shiny new cinematic animations?

Or has GF simply not finished designing it yet?

I feel as if due to the 3D graphics and it seeming a bit weird to have a floating HP bar in the environment that the HP bars have been moved to the bottom screen, but it'd be towards the top of it I imagine.

To be honest, I don't think they wanted to display the HP bar. From the Black 2 and White 2 trailer, the HP bar was only shown when going against someone on Wi-Fi or against a friend. Vs Kyurem, they didn't show it, so they're probably doing the same here. But, it really doesn't matter to me where the HP bar is, as long as it's still present.

Coller23

Aggron Extraordinair

Well the first move is definitely not Giga Impact considering it's obviously not a Physical move...the third one doesn't resemble Yawn at all, it looks like an electric type move, it kind of looks like Zap Cannon.

I like how your assuming that Sylveon is a flying type.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
I think the third move wasn't an attacking move, notice how Sylveon just stands there and no other Pokémon are seen.

I agree. But I just can't place my finger on ay of those moves, except swift, and trump card....
I guess we know for sure that it'll learn swift, making the second of all eeveelutions to learn it. It would be
Cooler if Sylveon received technician, definatley make good use out of swift...

You kind of proved that person point with that weatherball tidbit.

jakovu

I think the second move is actually TWO attacks. The first being Trump Card, the second being some sort of slash. After all, Gligar DID flinch twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.