• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I especially loved this aspect of these games! Especially when mewtwo pulled out his original red and blue moveset, I nearly screamed!

It's close to the same set, but not quite; RBY Mewtwo came with Swift/Psychic/Barrier/Recover, whereas XY Mewtwo comes with Recover/Psychic/Barrier/Aura Sphere.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Oh God, I just got to Azure Bay, and the camera is horrible here. It's zoomed in so much to the point where you can't see where you're going. Can we please have a controllable camera next game? Between this and Lumiose City, I'm getting fed up to the point where I think it might be necessary.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Oh God, I just got to Azure Bay, and the camera is horrible here. It's zoomed in so much to the point where you can't see where you're going. Can we please have a controllable camera next game? Between this and Lumiose City, I'm getting fed up to the point where I think it might be necessary.

It's mainly those two places that have funky camera angles. At least, I can't think of any other places like them off the top of my head. Other places seem to handle it better, with some actually making nice use of the angles, so it's not all bad. In case you haven't tried it yet, try riding your bike in Lumiose City. It will save you some of the headache since it zooms out a bit.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
They're trying to show you what they want you to see with the camera in those places, which is not a good way to go about it.

For Lumiose, I much prefer using the roller skates, on the Bike the camera is angled down so it's harder to tell where you are, it's angled up with the roller skates.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I prefer the bike in Lumiose City, if only for the added speed getting around. Roller skates aren't bad, but the bike suits me better than the roller skates. That, and chances are I'll just go to a taxi and get to my destination quickly, so the camera angle isn't as much of a problem.

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
I am glad that the gym leaders and E4 didn't have a animated 3D movement in the battle intros. I thought that they looked a little clunky sometimes. I loved the parade and the scene where AZ is in jail. They where very well done and the animations moved smoothly and looked real. I miss the cut scenes that were in BW when the opponents pokemon where in low health and they would jump in. I hope those come back in the next games

Nayzira

IV Breeder
I quite love the games graphics, I play the game on a 2DS but I don't really get the idea I missed out on much as I don't really like 3D movies either and I heared sometimes there's lag in the graphics with the 3D graphics and it looks more then good enough in 2D and also having to adjust my eyes from 2D to 3D sounds somewhat annoying, I bet if I had a 3DS there is a fair chance I would've had the 3D switched off or set very low. Either way, I love the graphics, they are very colourful, shiny and almost sort of psychedelic in a way and they made me feel really cheerful on dark winter days where outside everything was dark and grey but my game was really shiny, bright and pretty; sort of an instant cure against mild winter depression :) Didn't expect that from the previews either, I assumed it was going to feel odd with the 3D models instead of sprites but it's actually quite amazing.

Also the animations of all the pokemon are truly great, I laughed the first time I ran into a magicarp, seeing it flop made it that much more magicarp and that sort of goes for every pokemon, it makes the whole gameworld that much more immersive and thus fun to be in.

Ruas

I really enjoyed those random benches where you can just sit & look at the general landscape. That was a nifty little feature they put in.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I really enjoyed those random benches where you can just sit & look at the general landscape. That was a nifty little feature they put in.

I agree i liked the unique angles depending on which benches you would sit on. I just hated that not all benches came with a view :p

cmpunk1

Quick question.

Are all 700+ Pokemon sprites available in X and Y?
Are all Pokemon evolutions visible in X and Y?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
There are no full sprites in XY, only 3D models and minisprites.

All Pokemon are visible as 3D models and minisprites.

cmpunk1

Yes sorry, I meant as 3D models.

So they are all available? That is a pretty extensive collection.

Thanks for your answers/

cmpunk1

Anyone know what the furthest back generation is that you could trade to the current generation. Even via multiple generation trades.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
You could send dating back from Gen III to Gen VI; the first two generations aren't compatible with Gen III, due to using a different stat system.

These graphics is what I've been waiting forever, I really like the shading sheel, and if the next delivery for each attack adds its own movement pokemon will be fantastic.

Zeb

Rio!

Composer
lapras has its own overworld model when you're surfing on it. so it does recognize when you're using one

So maybe it simply doesn't recognize whether or not it's shiny. /shrug.

Status
Not open for further replies.