1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

New Graphics Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Hydrohs, May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mustache

The Mustache Well-Known Member

probably is. I like that feature. Besides the pokemon center is too small for a pokemon mart inside don't you think?

2. Akashin

Akashin Well-Known Member

What's the problem with that? Just because this map isn't literally the one we have in-game, doesn't mean the contents of it are any less valid. There's nothing wrong with picking it apart.

Not really. Poke Marts were only ever a counter and a bunch of extraneous shelves; I never felt there was anything weird about the merging.

3. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

Aren't you setting your expectations a little too high?
    Expect a lot. Get disappointed. A LOT.

But comparing RSE to ORAS alone, it's an incredibly major improvement.

4. The Mustache

he's not alone :/ I love hoenn but thay made it a bit too cartony to me as well..... But I'm not disapointed

5. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

That is to be expected on a Pokemon game.
    And it still follows XY's engine, but with adjustments here and there.

6. The Mustache

I loved Archie's animation and Team Aqua's hideout. I was already sure but now I'M PERFECTLY sure I'll buy Alpha Saphire (at least first lol)

7. Endolise

Endolise TengenToppaBoogaloo

And they're still the best graphics that the series has had.

8. Red

Red PokémonGo & Chill

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  9. Nightblind249

Nightblind249 Well-Known Member

Is it me or does the over all graphics look smoother than in XY? I noticed it more so when Brendan and Steven were by the waterfalls, the edge of the grass and the falls them selves seem more beveled. In those picks of the PokeCenter is that a PokeMart in it as well???

10. The Mustache

that's funny cause I think the oposite in that steven picture... lol I think the game is a bit too cartony...

11. Akashin

Akashin Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why you would... Aside from the small upgrades, the style is exactly the same as XY. What you're looking at in the Steven picture is what you were looking at in XY.

12. Lykouros

Lykouros Wheel of Time fan

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what people here mean when they say the game graphics look too cartoon-like. It's a game based on cartoon-like monsters (as opposed to, say, Monster Hunter monsters), so I feel it follows that the graphics are going to fit the overall feel of the game and not be particularly realistic. That said, I feel the games have done a great job so far with the graphics they have and it doesn't feel like Phantom Hourglass to me at all - the water actually looks somewhat like water, and the trees/rocks have some stylization in different areas of the games from D/P onward.

I guess compared to the old sprite-style graphics I can see how people might think the new 3D graphics are somewhat more cartoon-like, but even if this were the case I'm not sure why different graphics were expected for the remake. No offense intended, of course.

13. MasterofArcanine

MasterofArcanine Pokecollection Maste

I just though of something. I wonder what the Shoal Cave's tides are going to look like in game. Will we get to see them raise and lower?

14. Demonic Budha

Demonic Budha Member

Im not sure where to post this, technically it is Graphical?
    The map just released on the front page, what is the dark area (object) above Lilycove?
    If it is something special/new, why didnt they cloud it out like the Battle Frontier or Sky Pillar?

15. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Some people say that it's the Distortion World.

16. Demonic Budha

Demonic Budha Member

From Diamond and Pearl? Would be cool if that slipped in.

17. PsychicsRox

PsychicsRox Well-Known Member

The building that most people seem to think is a Pokemart looks more like a Boutique to me. The window looks too pretty. XD

18. Zoldakin

Zoldakin Well-Known Member

I just feel like the distortion world wouldn't take up so much space. It would just be a portal as it doesn't occupy the same space as the real world. Also, ppl speculating that it has the sinnoh trio, but if u recall mt coronet, sky pillar, and sinjoh ruins in HGSS, their place always seems more regal and ruins of rome feel to it, less like a ghost island. Darkrai is the only one I can see fitting there, and that would be nice, he has had very little representation in games recently unless im mistaken.

19. lavanda

lavanda Really feeling it

I think it's strange to make a whole unique landmark for non-Hoenn legendaries, or at least not cover it with clouds. If anything I think it's related to the extended plot.

20. Endolise

Endolise TengenToppaBoogaloo

I agree with this. If it were related to the Spacetime Trio, then I would expect it to be restricted until the post-game (in which case, it would be covered with clouds), and I really don't see the Spacetime Trio being a part of the main storyline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.